3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

latest

Landry is a great player. Arguably, Miami’s best WR since Duper and Clayton. Miami Fans loved him for almost 4 full seasons. I wish he would have stayed. I wish Tannenbaum would have paid him what he got (probably would have gotten him for slightly less). I wish they would build around him. Unfortunately, he’s gone and we’ve moved on to another new season.....wait, what?!?! We haven’t moved on? We’re still talking about Landry? Know how I know Miami fanatics are real? Because, they can’t move on. I mourned. I tried to move on, but I can’t because the biggest story concerning the Dolphins is Landry’s relationship with Tannehill.

PS. Chris Kouffman, your tweet is ridiculous. Those who liked it or shared it are ridiculous too. When Landry was targeted 10+ times, they converted more first downs and sustained longer drives. How in God’s name is moving the chains and gaining first downs something detrimental to an offense? There is absolutely no correlation between wins and losses and Landry targets. None.

Go be a Browns fan if you miss him so much. You won't be missed. Hadn't made a post since 2010 until Landry left. Back then you were crying over Ted Ginn. Lol

Really love the closing segment where Simon tells us what several former Dolphins are now doing. Sammy Smith, Tony Bua and Travis McDaniels are the highlighted guys this week and you have to listen to the podcast to hear what has become of them. Sammy Smith is a classic.

Landry is a great player. Arguably, Miami’s best WR since Duper and Clayton. Miami Fans loved him for almost 4 full seasons. I wish he would have stayed. I wish Tannenbaum would have paid him what he got (probably would have gotten him for slightly less). I wish they would build around him. Unfortunately, he’s gone and we’ve moved on to another new season.....wait, what?!?! We haven’t moved on? We’re still talking about Landry? Know how I know Miami fanatics are real? Because, they can’t move on. I mourned. I tried to move on, but I can’t because the biggest story concerning the Dolphins is Landry’s relationship with Tannehill.

PS. Chris Kouffman, your tweet is ridiculous. Those who liked it or shared it are ridiculous too. When Landry was targeted 10+ times, they converted more first downs and sustained longer drives. How in God’s name is moving the chains and gaining first downs something detrimental to an offense? There is absolutely no correlation between wins and losses and Landry targets. None.

Build a team around a slot receiver? Are you kidding me?? Point to a team that does this. Please.

Umm...yes there is?

I mean, it's a continuous variable versus a dichotomous variable so you can't really do a Pearson's correlation coefficient, nor can you really do a Spearman's, but you can do a Point Biserial correlation coefficient which in this case is a -0.375 relationship between Jarvis Landry targets and winning games.

I'm a little rusty but i believe the t-test for point biserial in this case would be -3.18, and so...umm...yeah. There's a relationship. But that wasn't your claim. Your claim wasn't nearly so rational as theorizing that there is no relationship. You said there is "absolutely no correlation"...and that's just plain false on the face of it, without even bothering to get fancy with the stats.

PS. You can just use a normal Pearson's correlation coefficient on Jarvis Landry targets versus points scored, and that number is -0.364.

Irving Fryar, too. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of emotions.

3 seasons with Miami. Landry did more during his tenure. But hey. Don’t let the facts sway your one sided thinking.

Back
Top Bottom