3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

Remember everyone, the new ignore feature makes posts completely invisible. It'll look like the poster doesn't exist. It's a beautiful upgrade. Exactly where trolls belong.

Moving on...

@ckparrothead Any plans to get another south Florida personality on the show? I enjoyed the McDuffie interview.

Most likely Chris Chambers will be next. He might function as sort of our eyes on the field, camp reporter guy.

Typical fanatic spin...Considering their actual production, Landry caught more passes, more TDs, more yards, and more 1st downs. He also contributed on special teams.

Typical ignorance, you would hope that a starting WR that plays one whole season more on a team would gain more yards and score more TDs. That is 16 extra games duh. Still doesn't change the fact that Fryar was a #1 WR while Landry was a slot WR used as a glorified RB. There is a huge difference between 15.97 yards per/catch vs 10.1 yards/catch. With all those extra targets Landry received you would expect him to score more often. How many other teams would pay Landry 15mil/season? The Browns have been awful for many years and had a lot of extra cap space. There were other teams interested in trading for Landry until they saw his ridiculous contract demands.

Big Dolphins fan. I grew up in South Florida and they’re my favorite team in any sport. I’m Not a troll. I just can’t stand single minded zeal. This on going news about Landry and RT is ridiculous. I moved on yet fanatics keep it alive. There’s something I love about winning, miami is a dumpster fire, and I’m tired of it. Not getting better by signing mediocre talent and letting good players leave. Doesn’t have to be Landry. It can be any of the many players that play well in Miami and leave or go somewhere else and play well. It’s embarrassing. I’ll always be a fan, but I’m not going to buy into this notion that Landry was the problem. Their problem starts at the top. Just not sure who I blame more; Tannenbaum or Ross.

Typical ignorance, you would hope that a starting WR that plays one whole season more on a team would gain more yards and score more TDs. That is 16 extra games duh. Still doesn't change the fact that Fryar was a #1 WR while Landry was a slot WR used as a glorified RB. There is a huge difference between 15.97 yards per/catch vs 10.1 yards/catch. With all those extra targets Landry received you would expect him to score more often. How many other teams would pay Landry 15mil/season? The Browns have been awful for many years and had a lot of extra cap space. There were other teams interested in trading for Landry until they saw his ridiculous contract demands.

Looks like you’re a little behind. Let me catch you up. My original point was that Landry is arguably Miami’s best WR since Duper and Clayton. Fryar had a great NFL career, but Landry had a better career than Fryar did in Miami.

PS OJ McDuffie, Chris Chambers, and Orande Gadsen we're way better receivers then Jarvis Landry. Oh yeah and a guy named Wes Welker.

I don't agree with 'way better' on all of those, but that's an interesting post. Would I rather have Oronde Gadsden on my team or Jarvis Landry?

Landry is a good receiver, but, I think I'd rather have Gadsden. I don't even mean that as a slight to Landry, at all. Oronde Gadsden was really, really good at what he did.

Looks like you’re a little behind. Let me catch you up. My original point was that Landry is arguably Miami’s best WR since Duper and Clayton. Fryar had a great NFL career, but Landry had a better career than Fryar did in Miami.
I disagree I still say Fryar was a better WR for the Dolphins in his 3 seasons than Landry was in his 4.I would rather have a true #1 WR for 3 seasons than a very good slot WR for 4. Maybe you don't understand the difference between what is considered a #1 WR, which is a true difference maker. Guys like Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Odell Beckham Jr, Michael Thomas, and Mike Evans. Maybe you are just too young to remember but Irving Fryar was that type of WR for the Dolphins. No matter how much you may love Landry, he is not on the same level as those guys. Sorry just a fact of life. I know you are a huge fan of his and are sad to see him go. The Dolphins just weren't going to pay him that huge contract. You may not agree with that decision. Problem is that even if slot WRs are becoming more important in the NFL now, it is doubtful that most teams would pay Landry what the Browns did.

I don't agree with 'way better' on all of those, but that's an interesting post. Would I rather have Oronde Gadsden on my team or Jarvis Landry?

Landry is a good receiver, but, I think I'd rather have Gadsden. I don't even mean that as a slight to Landry, at all. Oronde Gadsden was really, really good at what he did.

I would go with Landry because of availability. Jarvis played all 65 games for which he was eligible. By the time we got Gadsden from the Portland Sea Dragons or whatever it was, he had the toes of a septuagenarian.

Healthy Oronde Gadsden in his prime versus healthy Jarvis Landry in his prime? I go with Gadsden.

He could clearly function as a possession guy, but people forget when he was YOUNGER and HEALTHIER and he first showed up catching passes for Dan Marino, the guy was a big time play maker deep down the field. He averaged nearly 16 yards per catch with Marino. A good 8.6 yards per attempt as well...with 13 TDs on 176 targets in the two years.

phintim - your more than likely talking about Bryan Cox....

Think he tried to start a fight the whole Jet team one time...

Nice job CK, but your all wrong Cordrea Tankersley not giving up his spot... :)

PS OJ McDuffie, Chris Chambers, and Orande Gadsen we're way better receivers then Jarvis Landry. Oh yeah and a guy named Wes Welker.

Are we talking about the same Wes Welker whose best season in Miami was 67 receptions a 10 yards per catch average and a three year total in Miami of 1 td. Also people forget in three seasons of spot duty in Miami Welker had 12 fumbles. By contrast he had 14 fumbles in 6 years with the Patriots with about 30 times more usage. Welker's Miami years makes Grant's rookie year seem harmless.

Love how people drool over Welker's 3 seasons (96 receptions 1121 yards and 1 td) and yet want to run Parker out of town for 139 receptions, 1,908 yards and 8 tds. I know the expectations of the two players was different, but people make it sound like Welker was this amazing producing receiver in Miami, but he was just a guy. Hell Bess had a better Dolphins career than Welker.

Last edited:
Attempting to call out CK is simply absurd. Besides that he is one of the best contributors to this site it is also useless to argue against numbers.

While the antagonist may not agree and he is simply stating his opinion he failed to hold it up as his opinion but to me implied that his opinion was indeed fact. So he may disagree that 1+1=2 but it is undeniable that it does.

I am a 100% Quant guy and run correlation measures all day long so I get what CK is saying and that level of correlation that he is referring to is not accidental, it is not data mining, it is damning.

Now in my opinion I think it’s fine to roast Landry here, he’s gone, burned the bridge, he’s fair game. It also helps that the numbers prove he didn’t help us score more as well!

I disagree I still say Fryar was a better WR for the Dolphins in his 3 seasons than Landry was in his 4.I would rather have a true #1 WR for 3 seasons than a very good slot WR for 4. Maybe you don't understand the difference between what is considered a #1 WR, which is a true difference maker. Guys like Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Odell Beckham Jr, Michael Thomas, and Mike Evans. Maybe you are just too young to remember but Irving Fryar was that type of WR for the Dolphins. No matter how much you may love Landry, he is not on the same level as those guys. Sorry just a fact of life. I know you are a huge fan of his and are sad to see him go. The Dolphins just weren't going to pay him that huge contract. You may not agree with that decision. Problem is that even if slot WRs are becoming more important in the NFL now, it is doubtful that most teams would pay Landry what the Browns did.

I remember as far back as Duper and Clayton. So yes, I remember Fryar too. I’m disappointed to see a player like Landry leave. I believe it’s a failure of their leadership at the top in how they build.

The disconnect is the slot receiver label vs true #1. I don’t look at it that way. I look at successful teams and how they’re winning. How they’re building. And Miami does not build like they do. They’re regressing. Unfortunately, they’re going to burn through good players and coaches. So, when Miami let’s go of a great player at any position, is healthy, who plays with passion and wants to win, then I’m going to disagree. Everyone has personality flaws, coaches and GMs will never avoid that. Winning solves a ton of those issues. But they can’t win without talent.

People forget Landry has shown he’s capable of being more than a slot WR. His catches over 20 yards isn’t far off From Fryar’s. His college totals in the low 15 ypr. Landry played with a young RT (I think he’s getting better). A poor offensive line. Double teamed around 50% of the time the last 2 years. He could have dogged those 2 yard catches to shed this low your label, but he didn’t. Open it up and he’s shown capable.

Back
Top Bottom