3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

Landry won't be missed,i can't understand the love for him. Its kinda like Hartline who btw had as many 1000 yards seasons as Landry did. Only to go to Cleveland to fall off a cliff. Landry shouldn't fall out of the NFL completely but he won't be nearly as good

Attempting to call out CK is simply absurd. Besides that he is one of the best contributors to this site it is also useless to argue against numbers.

While the antagonist may not agree and he is simply stating his opinion he failed to hold it up as his opinion but to me implied that his opinion was indeed fact. So he may disagree that 1+1=2 but it is undeniable that it does.

I am a 100% Quant guy and run correlation measures all day long so I get what CK is saying and that level of correlation that he is referring to is not accidental, it is not data mining, it is damning.

Now in my opinion I think it’s fine to roast Landry here, he’s gone, burned the bridge, he’s fair game. It also helps that the numbers prove he didn’t help us score more as well!

Filing you along with cbrad as my stat authorities. I work with statistics daily, but I’m no professor or anything.

Socially you may be right. Surely I’m not as liked as CK. I respect that about him, but also don’t hold much value in that when his post about correlation is fruitless. His attempt to discredit my point about me saying “absolutely no correlation” between wins/losses and Landry targets is as absurd as me discrediting him for not capitalizing his I. He surely sounded smart, and I’ll assume he may be accurate, but it doesn’t mean it holds much weight. Game temperature has a bigger impact on wins/losses (run the math >85 degrees vs <85 degrees against wins/losses) bet the correlation is higher. And Miami should schedule more 1PM Sunday games early in the year (they actually have this year). My point is, finding fault in Landry targets to wins/losses is absurd. He moved the chains...had more and also avg’d more 1st downs than your true #1 WR Fryar.

1. I'm not sad to see him go but had Landry came here from Buffalo and was fluffing Tannehill while bashing Taylor you guys would be lapping it up and carrying him around on your shoulders screaming HURRAH!!

2. Its a little unfair to compare the guys that had Marino throwing them the ball to the guys that had Cutler, Tannehill, etc throwing them the ball. Irving Fryer was ranked low 30's to high 40's (similar to where Landry typically ranks) until his first season with Marino where he shot up to 7th. Coincidence?

3. As far as correlations go check out our defensive rankings since acquiring Suh...

4. You credit Gase with scheming Landry's TDs but then you blame Landry for the offense's ineptitude. Is it possible to be more unfair?

Landry is Edelman. The Patriots would never pay Edelman close to what Landry got. Should a team like the Dolphins or Browns? That is a good question.

Landry is a great player. Arguably, Miami’s best WR since Duper and Clayton. Miami Fans loved him for almost 4 full seasons. I wish he would have stayed. I wish Tannenbaum would have paid him what he got (probably would have gotten him for slightly less). I wish they would build around him. Unfortunately, he’s gone and we’ve moved on to another new season.....wait, what?!?! We haven’t moved on? We’re still talking about Landry? Know how I know Miami fanatics are real? Because, they can’t move on. I mourned. I tried to move on, but I can’t because the biggest story concerning the Dolphins is Landry’s relationship with Tannehill.

PS. Chris Kouffman, your tweet is ridiculous. Those who liked it or shared it are ridiculous too. When Landry was targeted 10+ times, they converted more first downs and sustained longer drives. How in God’s name is moving the chains and gaining first downs something detrimental to an offense? There is absolutely no correlation between wins and losses and Landry targets. None.

Jarvis, please work with the guys in Cleveland to get better. Stop posting on finheaven!

1. I'm not sad to see him go but had Landry came here from Buffalo and was fluffing Tannehill while bashing Taylor you guys would be lapping it up and carrying him around on your shoulders screaming HURRAH!!

2. Its a little unfair to compare the guys that had Marino throwing them the ball to the guys that had Cutler, Tannehill, etc throwing them the ball. Irving Fryer was ranked low 30's to high 40's (similar to where Landry typically ranks) until his first season with Marino where he shot up to 7th. Coincidence?

3. As far as correlations go check out our defensive rankings since acquiring Suh...

4. You credit Gase with scheming Landry's TDs but then you blame Landry for the offense's ineptitude. Is it possible to be more unfair?

Landry is Edelman. The Patriots would never pay Edelman close to what Landry got. Should a team like the Dolphins or Browns? That is a good question.
I think the point is Landry isn't a guy you want to throw to 10+ times a game. If you are throwing to him that much you aren't using other players who are more efficient and you are probably not even looking their way. Was that Landrys fault? Yes and no. He most likely (i don't think there's proof) demanded the ball and complained when he didn't get the ball. But it is also the fault of the playcaller for calling so many plays for him

Landry won't be missed,i can't understand the love for him. Its kinda like Hartline who btw had as many 1000 yards seasons as Landry did. Only to go to Cleveland to fall off a cliff. Landry shouldn't fall out of the NFL completely but he won't be nearly as good

I mean I liked Landry for what he did while here and I loved how he fought on the field (during plays not after), and I think it's unfair to write him off like a total cancer. In some ways did he hold the offense back? The coaching staff and front office believes so and based on what I know I agree but that's not a certainty to be fair. Do I think Jarvis should be calling out Tannehill like he did? Nope not at all. I've said before and I'll say it again, I think Jarvis will learn real quick that life away from Ryan Tannehill is not going to be as great as Jarvis thinks it will be.

Fair points but let me respond with my opinion.

1)Not me personally. I don't like when people air dirty laundry about teammates as it makes you look bad. If he would say he is looking forward to playing us and proving us wrong? Sure. If he said he thinks we undervalued him? Fine. Attacking Ryan himself is what sat wrong with me as there is proof that his statements are false.. and as Boomer pointed out on the podcast, Landry removed that stuff from his social media.

2.Fair point. Though Chambers put up numbers with Jay Fiedler. As crazy as he may be now, CC was IMO a very underrated player in his time and I think Dolphin Fans forget how good he was.

3.Fair point.

4. Could be possibly a bit unfair for the entire career, but this year I don't think so. This year the TDs from Landry were pretty much all scheme and not Jarvis effort plays like in years past. I do think it's fair to say that Landry needs to be fed the ball a bit more to be at his most effective or he's completely taken out of the game. And I've heard a lot of rumblings how Landry really struggled with option routes to the point they were almost completely removed from the playbook. Is that fair? Who knows. I also heard how Ajayi didn't put in work this year in film study and the team thought getting rid of him would open up the offense a bit and it did. Could it be true for Jarvis? Yes. Could it be false? Yep.

Big Dolphins fan. I grew up in South Florida and they’re my favorite team in any sport. I’m Not a troll. I just can’t stand single minded zeal. This on going news about Landry and RT is ridiculous. I moved on yet fanatics keep it alive. There’s something I love about winning, miami is a dumpster fire, and I’m tired of it. Not getting better by signing mediocre talent and letting good players leave. Doesn’t have to be Landry. It can be any of the many players that play well in Miami and leave or go somewhere else and play well. It’s embarrassing. I’ll always be a fan, but I’m not going to buy into this notion that Landry was the problem. Their problem starts at the top. Just not sure who I blame more; Tannenbaum or Ross.
Pretty sure it is Landry who not only started this "on-going news" but is also the one keeping it alive. Landry's problem wasn't talent and it's becoming more and more evident why Gase traded his ass to Cleveland

There!!! Right there is that little shed of doubt you people have of Landry...that’s why he’s still relevant to Miami fanatics. You know he’s great and Miami may have f’d Up. Just a matter of time until you catch up with the reality that losing him over the alternatives was a mistake.

Sure Landry is a piece of it all. But, he’s not creating thousands of fake names to spread it. It’s fans and media to blame for that.

There!!! Right there is that little shed of doubt you people have of Landry...that’s why he’s still relevant to Miami fanatics. You know he’s great and Miami may have f’d Up. Just a matter of time until you catch up with the reality that losing him over the alternatives was a mistake.
He's not great by any means. You need to average over 10 ypc to be great. You need to score more TDs to be great. I don't care about the guy anymore. The reason we are talking about him is he can't leave Miami behind. He's like that crazy ex, just has to talk **** about his ex lover every chance he gets

You had me until your last question. Landry is better, more dependable, and much younger than Edelman.

Back
Top Bottom