3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

He's not great by any means. You need to average over 10 ypc to be great. You need to score more TDs to be great. I don't care about the guy anymore. The reason we are talking about him is he can't leave Miami behind. He's like that crazy ex, just has to talk **** about his ex lover every chance he gets

The smoking hot ex that was a lady in the street but a freak in the bed and left because you didn’t realize what you had.

He's not great by any means. You need to average over 10 ypc to be great. You need to score more TDs to be great. I don't care about the guy anymore. The reason we are talking about him is he can't leave Miami behind. He's like that crazy ex, just has to talk **** about his ex lover every chance he gets

Haha, you need to catch 100 passes to be great. Not just once but it would be nice to avg that over 4 seasons. Actually, how many “great” WRs actually do that, so scratch the unreasonable expectation to be called great. You have to be a pro bowler to be great. You have to be healthy to be available to be great. Be one of the highest paid WRs to show that he’s capable of being paid by someone for being great.

Yes, his low ypr stats hurt his overall value. But is that a product of his system, double teamed, poor QB play, poor o-line, etc or a poor reflection on him?

Its gonna be fun to watch Landry fall on his face in Cleveland

Haha, you need to catch 100 passes to be great. Not just once but it would be nice to avg that over 4 seasons. Actually, how many “great” WRs actually do that, so scratch the unreasonable expectation to be called great. You have to be a pro bowler to be great. You have to be healthy to be available to be great. Be one of the highest paid WRs to show that he’s capable of being paid by someone for being great.

Yes, his low ypr stats hurt his overall value. But is that a product of his system, double teamed, poor QB play, poor o-line, etc or a poor reflection on him?
Considering that in 2016, Tannehill still with a bottom quartile ranked OL, was the #2 or #3 most accurate long ball passer and #4 ranked 15yds or more passer, it certainly wasn't the QB that held down Landry's YPC.

Two reasons and 2 reasons only that Landry got paid what he did!

The first:
When the OL is a porous bottom-feeding unit that gives the otherwise deadly accurate QB no time to throw (the OL that made him piss blood I'll add to enrage the anti-Tanne-snowflakes who hate when that reality is raised), Landry with his ability to get free on short passes becomes obviously the likely target.

Compare that to Tyrod who in 2015 lined up behind the 11th ranked OL and in 2014, the 10th ranked, with admirable scrambling abilities.. with time to throw either way, Landry would not have been top on his list nor will he be a primary target if Cleveland's revamped OL holds water.

So Landry with his limited speed, inability to intellectually master complex routes got paid because he was the likely target with defenders closing in on Tannehill in what seemed like micro-seconds. If an elitely-accurate long ball QB had time to throw, do you really think that Landry with his limitations would have caught even 2/3rds of the passes that he did?

The second:
Cleveland has done some good things under Dorsey. I wish we had Dorsey instead of Tannenbaum. However, going 1-31 and foolishly retaining the HC, they needed to make a splash out of the gate to show that they were on a brave new path. And to the uninitiated who only sees Landry's volume vs value, what makes a bigger splash than signing the seemingly most prodigious catching receiver over the last few years.. even if they had to pay him what's unheard of for a slot receiver. I doubt there'd have been any other desperate team looking to score PR points with their fans who would have been so generous for a 10ypc slow receiver with either/and the mental/attitudinal lack of aptitude to study and master complex routes.

He could clearly function as a possession guy, but people forget when he was YOUNGER and HEALTHIER and he first showed up catching passes for Dan Marino, the guy was a big time play maker deep down the field. He averaged nearly 16 yards per catch with Marino. A good 8.6 yards per attempt as well...with 13 TDs on 176 targets in the two years.

I didn't forget about that. Gadsden was a beast before his body started to give out.

Its gonna be fun to watch Landry fall on his face in Cleveland

He'll do OK. Will he play up to that insane contract? I would have to guess that he absolutely will not.

I think a bigger issue for Landry right now is something CK already brought up. Cleveland is headed for QB controversy explosion, and Landry appears to be throwing in with Tyrod Taylor, a quarterback that I don't think is very well suited for his skill-set.

Are we talking about the same Wes Welker whose best season in Miami was 67 receptions a 10 yards per catch average and a three year total in Miami of 1 td. Also people forget in three seasons of spot duty in Miami Welker had 12 fumbles. By contrast he had 14 fumbles in 6 years with the Patriots with about 30 times more usage. Welker's Miami years makes Grant's rookie year seem harmless.

Love how people drool over Welker's 3 seasons (96 receptions 1121 yards and 1 td) and yet want to run Parker out of town for 139 receptions, 1,908 yards and 8 tds. I know the expectations of the two players was different, but people make it sound like Welker was this amazing producing receiver in Miami, but he was just a guy. Hell Bess had a better Dolphins career than Welker.

I wasn't referencing only his dolphins seasons though. My argument was better wrs I don't care where they were better at. If I we're building a team and had a choice to roster any of those receivers Landry would be at the bottom of the list with McDuffie, Chambers, Gadsden, Welker, and as others pointed out Fryar ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom