3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

Dude, you absolutely lost every shred of credibility when your only response to fact based stats.....was a comeback consisting of a lecture on when to capitalize the letter "I". You should really go ahead and let it go.

Especially when you start making claims about someone that was the best receiver the team had since Duper....that cannot be backed up with anything other than your opinion being thrust at us as fact.

^^Fanatic^^

Did you consider the fact that Landry has more yards, TDs, and catches than any other WR (except Mcduffie who did slightly more over 9 seasons)? Guess those facts don’t matter in your logic. Landry also returned kicks; adding additional value many others did not.

Last edited:
^^Fanatic^^

Did you consider the fact that Landry has more yards, TDs, and catches than any other WR (except Mcduffie over 9 seasons)? Landry also returned kicks; auditing additional value many others did not.

I can't believe I'm going to do this...but I'll bite.

Lets start with the claim in bold. No I didn't consider that bc it is fairy tale land. It's so false I can't even grasp where you came up with it. Gadsden has exactly the same amount of TD's(with nearly half the receptions), Chambers has twice the TD's and more yards.....and Mcduffie has 7 more, and more yards.
....and he's not even remotely close to having the most yards of any Miami receiver.

What's next....he has more sacks than Jason Taylor too?

Research before you make absurd claims. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/career-receiving.htm

The only stat that Landry holds over other great Miami receivers is the amount of receptions. So for the Love of Pete someone logically point to what that got anyone short of a certificate for him. It gets a team NOWHERE when your slot receiver is the focus of our O. Please stop with this stupid nonsense love affair. Best Dolphins receiver, what a freaking stupid joke.

Let's now get back to reality bc I'm done with this idiotic conversation.

There's nothing inherently wrong with making receptions from the slot. I think the bigger issue is that trying to run your offense through one receiver is a bad idea. Rob Gronkowski is the most dangerous receiving threat in the NFL, and even the Patriots don't run their offense through him. Edelman and the other wide receivers, and the backs share a lot of the targets.

The Dolphins' over-reliance on Jarvis Landry was a huge problem not so much because of Landry's limitations, but because it's just a bad idea in general.

No, nobody can. Bc they don't exist.

No doubt someone will find the once or twice in his entire 4 years where an extra person was near him inside the 10 or some other short yardage cramped environment but nobody double teamed him as a practice. That's just absurd to try to push him like he's Calvin Johnson or something.

upload_2018-6-15_12-8-51.jpeg

Jarvis Landry seems to command a WHOLE lot more respect nationally and among his NFL peers than he does on this forum lol. That's for sure.

One thing I am sure about. Landry will miss Tannehill more than Tannehill will miss Landry!
I think for most of us, we were grateful the team didn't pay elite receiver $$for a limited 10ypc receiver. We appreciated all he did when here, although it could have been more, but don't begrudge him his windfall from the one team that would pay him that.

However if not for Tannehill and an abysmal OL forcing a skilled long ball thrower to quickly unload, Landry would not have been as successful as some perceive him to be -whether illusory or not. But when he started biting the hand that virtually fed him if for little more than to cozy up to Taylor, then all bets and well wishes were off and his performance now demanded closer analytical scrutiny as does his motivations and personality issues. It's no coincidence IMO that he and Odell are BFFs as "birds of a feather flock together!

Last edited:
Landry won't be missed,i can't understand the love for him. Its kinda like Hartline who btw had as many 1000 yards seasons as Landry did. Only to go to Cleveland to fall off a cliff. Landry shouldn't fall out of the NFL completely but he won't be nearly as good

Landry was a good player for the Dolphins. However people here are overrating him to the extreme. He will never be a #1 WR. If the Dolphins paid him that 15/mil per year it would just be another bad contract by the front office. IMO with the added talent on offense along with the return of Tannehill they will be much better in 2018. Landry while a good player will not be that hard to replace. I have stated several times already that Landry will not be that productive on the Browns offense . He will most likely be the 2nd or 3rd option on that offense. I also have stated that Landry will most likely have issues with Todd Haley due to Landry not being targeted as often as he would like. We will see.

I can't believe I'm going to do this...but I'll bite.

Lets start with the claim in bold. No I didn't consider that bc it is fairy tale land. It's so false I can't even grasp where you came up with it. Gadsden has exactly the same amount of TD's(with nearly half the receptions), Chambers has twice the TD's and more yards.....and Mcduffie has 7 more, and more yards.
....and he's not even remotely close to having the most yards of any Miami receiver.

What's next....he has more sacks than Jason Taylor too?

Research before you make absurd claims. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/career-receiving.htm

Curious about @JahnDho 's reply to this

Back
Top Bottom