3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

Cleveland has a better overall roster than Miami. Dorsey, has done more in 6 months to better their roster than Tannenbaum has done in 3 years in Miami. We’re going to see it on game day. And, will be embarrassing to watch as a fin fan.

Will they use him like Miami did, nope. But, he’s the best at his position. Miami needs more guys like that.

We shall see. A team that has gone 1-31 over the past couple years that may have added a few new players still has to show it on the field. IMO the Dolphins overall talent is still better than the Browns. I would also take Gase over Jackson every day of the week and twice on Sunday. That will show on the field in 2018.

Last edited:
Cleveland has a better overall roster than Miami. Dorsey, has done more in 6 months to better their roster than Tannenbaum has done in 3 years in Miami. We’re going to see it on game day. And, will be embarrassing to watch as a fin fan.

Will they use him like Miami did, nope. But, he’s the best at his position. Miami needs more guys like that.

Don't buy the Cleveland hype.

Any front office that had the 1st pick and 4th pick in this draft and managed to come away with Baker Mayfield and Denzel Ward clearly shat the bed.

Maybe they didn't take Saquan Barkley because they had just invested heavily in Carlos Hyde? lmao

Maybe they didn't take Bradley Chubb because they drafted Myles Garrett last year? lmao

That draft performance was extremely underwhelming and suspect.

The FA moves are suspect. Supposedly Tyrod Taylor (who I personally believe is a well-below-average QB - except against us - he's all pro/borderline hall of fame against us) is the bridge QB to their superstar franchise QB of the future (which they are hoping is Baker Mayfield, I'm not so sure about that).

If Baker does not become the QB they are hoping he will, none of what they are doing will get them out of their mess. Despite 46 trillion dollars in cap space (even if I had 46 trillion in cap space, I'm still not trading a 4th to Miami for Landry while he's under the 16 million franchise tag, then signing him to a 5 year 75.5 million contract, with no real proven QB on the roster).

A bunch of questionable moves from the GOD FRONT OFFICE (Dorsey, Scot McCloughan, Alonzo Highsmith, Ron Wolf's kid, the Mahatma Gandhi, Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh, the ghost of Bill Walsh, et. al.).

I'm not buying any of it.

Was Landry the guy that came out and defended Tannehill after the game where fans chanted to bring in Moore?

Jarvis Landry seems to command a WHOLE lot more respect nationally and among his NFL peers than he does on this forum lol. That's for sure.

So much respect that there were a crap ton of teams trying to get him from Miami in a trade but the Browns outbid all of them with a 4th and 7th round pick.

So much respect that there were a crap ton of teams trying to get him from Miami in a trade but the Browns outbid all of them with a 4th and 7th round pick.

Because he had to be paid. Very rarely are you seeing teams trade top draft pick capital, just to pay a non-QB major money. Especially considering the Dolphins were in a complete bind with their cap situation.

It speaks more to the Dolphins incompetence that they weren't more proactive in trading him. We're very fortunate the Browns bailed them out so they got some type of scraps for their best receiver.

I don’t see the NFL respecting Landry at all.

He’s been to the Pro Bowl only as an alternate and he’s most well known for being OBJ’s buddy.

Meh.

I don’t see the NFL respecting Landry at all.

He’s been to the Pro Bowl only as an alternate and he’s most well known for being OBJ’s buddy.

Meh.

I don't know man. We can reduce him to an alternate selection all we want, but he's been in the conversation 3 years in a row. And his NFL peers have elected him to the NFL top 100 the last 3 years as well.

AND he ended up getting the contract extension from a team many on here said wasn't going to happen. Seems pretty respected for "Just a Slot receiver" lol

Because he had to be paid. Very rarely are you seeing teams trade top draft pick capital, just to pay a non-QB major money. Especially considering the Dolphins were in a complete bind with their cap situation.

It speaks more to the Dolphins incompetence that they weren't more proactive in trading him. We're very fortunate the Browns bailed them out so they got some type of scraps for their best receiver.

I give you full props for the effort. At least you're using a sound base for your argument....

It's still subjective and emotionally based bc the stats and facts don't support it but I respect that you aren't just making up "facts" to back your opinion.

People need to stop confusing "best receiver" just bc he got a butt load of receptions. He wasn't our best receiver, nor is he the best on his current team either.

I don't know man. We can reduce him to an alternate selection all we want, but he's been in the conversation 3 years in a row. And his NFL peers have elected him to the NFL top 100 the last 3 years as well.

AND he ended up getting the contract extension from a team many on here said wasn't going to happen. Seems pretty respected for "Just a Slot receiver" lol

I don’t buy NFL players vote for that list.

I remember Brian Urlacher came out and said he never voted for anyone. But I don’t know.

I’m not saying Landry is a garbage player, I’m not saying he’s going to be a bum in Cleveland, but he’s not someone I want my team building around. He shouldn’t be a focal point and he won’t be in Cleveland. He’ll thrive there, his best year efficiency wise was in 2016 when Stills and Parker played well. He can’t be your #1 option.

His WR efficiency rating has been horrible since he was drafted.

Back
Top Bottom