3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Episode 1.13 of 3 Yards Per Carry got a little bit spicy and at times a little bit weird. Actually might have been our most fun episode to tape.

Web: https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/e/3ypc-landry-red-flags-episode-113/

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast...mi-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2&i=1000413739179

• No boat rides, no Boyz II Men concerts, no Simon getting stuck in Russia trying to watch soccer. Just football this week.

• Superman 4 reference.

• Kalen Ballage had a press conference, his deep velvety voice macerating Alf as he sat in a dark room, glistening.

• Adam Gase revealed a little bit his mindset about Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson, while talking about David Fales, who is clearly Miami's primary backup quarterback for 2018.

• Akeem Spence also revealed a mindset about their rotations that might apply to both offense and defense.

• Spence is a hell of an interview. Nice addition.

• We have a new sponsor.

• Jarvis Landry shots fired:

• First says the Cleveland QBs are way better than what he had in Miami.

• Clarifies with a complaint that Tannehill didn't take he or the receivers on any road trips.

• Then in answer to a question about whether Tannehill has reached out to him after what he said, complains that Tannehill hasn't phoned him, which isn't surprising because they didn't have a good relationship or a good bond.

• Did anyone honestly think that a $75 million contract was going to make Jarvis Landry LESS of an asshole?

• Why do we know this is all bull sh-t? Because there's evidence (which Landry tried to delete).

• If he had complaints about his relationship with Tannehill while he was in Miami, we know that he sure as hell never had the balls to confront anyone about it until he ran off to Cleveland.

• While he was here, he was always a "problematic fav" of Dol-Fans. This isn't new.

• He was a dog sh-t player in the 1st half of games, consistently for his four year career:

• On a 16-games basis we're talking 126 targets, 91 catches for 787 yards, 3 TDs.

• That's 6.2 yards per target, 8.6 yards per catch, not even a particularly high catch rate (72%) for a slot.

• Generally heated up only in 2nd half of games, with defenses no longer fresh, offensive adjustments being made, usually trailing on the scoreboard so the spacing was more generous.

• He only really put together ONE good, efficient year in Miami, back in 2016. But that year has to be understood in context because Kenny Stills and DeVante Parker had even better performances that year, from an efficiency standpoint. Rising tide lifts all boats.

• Daniel Jeremiah took a look at all the touchdowns he scored in 2017 and came away more impressed with how Adam Gase schemed him open, as opposed to Landry making impressive plays. And you know what? You go ahead and judge for yourselves (because Jeremiah is right):

• Jarvis Landry should be on his knees thanking Ryan Tannehill for his habit of over-using slot players and making them look much better than they are.

• In addition to the inevitable under-performance relative to his bloated contract value, could Jarvis Landry fall victim to a brewing schism in Cleveland?

• The 28 year old Tyrod Taylor is engaging his best efforts to make the Cleveland Browns his team for now and for all time, as he thinks (not without reason) that he has been held to a higher standard than other potential franchise QBs. He has zero interest in ceding anything to Baker Mayfield, and doesn't even really talk to him (as per Mayfield himself).

• Hue Jackson is 100% on the Tyrod Taylor bandwagon, declared him the starter before the draft even began, and after the draft reiterated that Baker Mayfield is not even competing for the start, and that this is Tyrod Taylor's team.

• Jarvis Landry is already snuggling up to Tyrod Taylor, gushing about the way he took Landry and the receivers out for workouts in Miami. He was primarily talking about Tyrod when he said that his QB play in Cleveland is much better than Miami.

• How do you think Baker Mayfield, known for being fiery and emotional, feels about all this? Being told he's not even competing. Being all but ignored by Tyrod. Well it's a good thing Baker Mayfield isn't known for holding grudges...

• "Baker Mayfield reportedly keeps a list of media members that have 'crossed the line'."

• ...Oh.

• Well it's a good thing Jarvis Landry is known for having the sort of tact and emotional IQ in his dealings with other personalities that he won't run afoul of this volat-

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

• Are there any red flags that we've seen already, this early? We are...uneasy...about Laremy Tunsil.

• Similarly so about Brock Osweiler, but as we've said, David Fales is the primary backup.

• What sort of things do we hear about Matt Burke from behind the curtain?

• We've said a lot of weird things on this show but the idea of sucking on beards is going to bother me. For a while.

• On the other hand, John Congemi just yesterday had three observations that had me feeling MUCH better.

• THEY'RE USING DIME FINALLY (omgomgomgomg).

• (Do you realize they used Dime a total of 7 times last year? No wonder they were the worst defense in the NFL on 3rd & 5 to 3rd & 10.)

• Also loved the note about Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson together in a package.

• And this:

• Are we fooling ourselves about the #2 corner position? Being fans?

• You honestly will not believe what Sammie "Seven Years in Jail For Dealing Cocaine" Smith is doing for a living nowadays.

• If you need a roofer or a wedding photographer, we've got you!

• (Hey, we should call some of these guys about sponsoring the podcast)

That's all, folks! Enjoy!

Thanks for posting original content, as always.

You made a comment that I think actually maybe touches on why Landry is saying these things about Ryan Tannehill. You pointed out that the team doesn't really care if Landry takes shots at the front office or coaches, but that they are absolutely not happy that he's throwing shade on the team's current starting QB.

I think Landry knows that too, and that is exactly why he is doing it. Or am I giving him too much credit? Hmm. Yeah, I probably am giving him too much credit.

Thanks for posting original content, as always.

You made a comment that I think actually maybe touches on why Landry is saying these things about Ryan Tannehill. You pointed out that the team doesn't really care if Landry takes shots at the front office or coaches, but that they are absolutely not happy that he's throwing shade on the team's current starting QB.

I think Landry knows that too, and that is exactly why he is doing it. Or am I giving him too much credit? Hmm. Yeah, I probably am giving him too much credit.

Nice thought but ultimately I'm not sure Landry is that clever.

Love the show as always, but no more political talk!!! Lol. I can’t escape that ****. You guys hands down have the best Dolphins podcast but let my brain take a break from hearing this or that about Trump, especially when I’m listening to a football podcast. Just my opinion.

Other than that, great stuff as always Chris. The “what do they do now” segment is great. Funny stuff.

Love the show as always, but no more political talk!!! Lol. I can’t escape that ****. You guys hands down have the best Dolphins podcast but let my brain take a break from hearing this or that about Trump, especially when I’m listening to a football podcast. Just my opinion.

Other than that, great stuff as always Chris. The “what do they do now” segment is great. Funny stuff.

Sorry. We tried to keep it light. You probably don't even really know which way all of us swing, politically speaking!

But I hear you.

Another great podcast! Simon with his morbid "Fun Time" announcement cracked me up.

Another great podcast! Simon with his morbid "Fun Time" announcement cracked me up.

So creepy. I got chills when he said it like that.

He's like "I've been in Chris's home" and I'm thinking, "Yes...you have...and now I'm starting to wonder if that was such a good idea..."

I listened to the first half on my morning commute in Chicago traffic. I left off around the dime package excitement. I have to say, that is a big one for me too. I am looking forward to the back end. Just terrific -- can't say enough kind things about the podcast.

I'm not much of a podcast/talk radio type of guy, but I must say I really enjoyed the podcasts. I actually look forward to them now. If you didn't post the links here I would've never found them, so thanks for that!

Landry is a great player. Arguably, Miami’s best WR since Duper and Clayton. Miami Fans loved him for almost 4 full seasons. I wish he would have stayed. I wish Tannenbaum would have paid him what he got (probably would have gotten him for slightly less). I wish they would build around him. Unfortunately, he’s gone and we’ve moved on to another new season.....wait, what?!?! We haven’t moved on? We’re still talking about Landry? Know how I know Miami fanatics are real? Because, they can’t move on. I mourned. I tried to move on, but I can’t because the biggest story concerning the Dolphins is Landry’s relationship with Tannehill.

PS. Chris Kouffman, your tweet is ridiculous. Those who liked it or shared it are ridiculous too. When Landry was targeted 10+ times, they converted more first downs and sustained longer drives. How in God’s name is moving the chains and gaining first downs something detrimental to an offense? There is absolutely no correlation between wins and losses and Landry targets. None.

Landry is a great player. Arguably, Miami’s best WR since Duper and Clayton. Miami Fans loved him for almost 4 full seasons. I wish he would have stayed. I wish Tannenbaum would have paid him what he got (probably would have gotten him for slightly less). I wish they would build around him. Unfortunately, he’s gone and we’ve moved on to another new season.....wait, what?!?! We haven’t moved on? We’re still talking about Landry? Know how I know Miami fanatics are real? Because, they can’t move on. I mourned. I tried to move on, but I can’t because the biggest story concerning the Dolphins is Landry’s relationship with Tannehill.

PS. Chris Kouffman, your tweet is ridiculous. Those who liked it or shared it are ridiculous too. When Landry was targeted 10+ times, they converted more first downs and sustained longer drives. How in God’s name is moving the chains and gaining first downs something detrimental to an offense? There is absolutely no correlation between wins and losses and Landry targets. None.

IMG_3735.PNG

Back
Top Bottom