3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.13: Jarvis Landry, Red Flags

Please quote my earlier comment about a “long arrest history”...oh you can’t!?!?? Because I didn’t say that.

Yes, to be correct you said numerous run ins and his arrest nearly got him kicked out of school. I admit I read that as run ins with the law and you didn't directly say that. However, if Alabama even considered kicking him out over a misdemeanor for going to his car beyond the yellow tape there would be an uproar considering the offenses players have made and been allowed to stick around. I imagine that entire issue as :

Drake - "Officer can I get my (house keys, books or medicine from my car?"
Officer - "No this area is a crime scene!"
Drake - "But it's that car right there and the crime incident is over there."
Officer - "I said no!"
Office leave the area or turns his back to address something else and Drake tries to get to his car anyway.

Sure Drake didn't follow orders. Sure he may even warrant being arrested for the offense. But in the big scheme of things and some of the circumstances that players have been allowed to move past, I would say Drake's offense is in line with someone calling an officer a bad name at a crime site. I just don't see enough there to paint Drake as problem child.

Why WOULDNT we be talking about drake was the one being choked? How many people have already mentioned that, and been discussing it? So, you still have yet to answer why being shoved is on the same level as being choked?

A lot of my answer depends on who you’re referring to and why they did something. I hate when people don’t answer the question too. I’m not dodging it. However, it would take a lengthy conversation between us for me to understand who’s on first and what’s on second without making some assumptions; of which I have little faith making since we don’t see eye to eye on much.

Travis agreed to disagree and said he was done replying so let's move forward

And the YAC the other poster referred to is really a function of Landry catching a lot of balls with 4 yards of the line of scrimmage. Of course it gives you more chance to run with the ball. But downfield receivers have already picked up 15 yards when they catch it.

Downfield runners catch the ball on the run, with separation between them and the DB, and basically an opportunity to gain YAC too. It’s really no different.

There was nothing else. He's trying to belittle drake to raise up Landry. Landry is the one on tape hitting a woman btw

“Officials ultimately believed the contact was an accident and decided NOT to press domestic violence charges against Landry.”

Bull sh-t. He pushed her back in the car and then threw his phone at her.

They decided not to press charges because she decided not to press charges. But what he did is certainly a crime. All the worse because these tend not to be isolated incidents, so this is just the incident caught on tape.

They decided not to press charges because she decided not to press charges. But what he did is certainly a crime. All the worse because these tend not to be isolated incidents, so this is just the incident caught on tape.

I'm still not sure I see a crime there, but Landry has such a quick fuse emotionally on the field and I wouldn't be shocked if he has one off the field too. While I'm not sure what I see on the video, if I were her father and I saw the tape I would have had to have a talk with him about his actions and her about what else may be happening or could happen if it hadn't escalated yet.

Yea I wasn't going to chime in here or on this topic but this video is a long way from "nothing".

Unless it's specifically to defend himself from a physical attack there's absolutely no excuse for getting physical with our fairer sex. Whether Landry's GF recanted (was paid off) or not, there's no escaping the fact that if words alone can provoke someone to use his hands/superior strength on a woman, there's a good possibility that it's happened previously and that he's an emotionally-fragile douche who could very well present a more serious danger in the future.

Intentionally pushing someone back into the car like that is assault, and could be prosecuted if the person who was assaulted decides to pursue that.

Regardless, the tape was highly problematic.

There's a reality I think we're forced to end up facing with respect to the players on our favorite football team and how they're not all angels, some of them do things that make us detest them, and we sort of have to divorce those feelings away from our fandom of the team.

But I'm just glad he's gone.

Unless it's specifically to defend himself from a physical attack there's absolutely no excuse for getting physical with our fairer sex. Whether Landry's GF recanted (was paid off) or not, there's no escaping the fact that if words alone can provoke someone to use his hands/superior strength on a woman, there's a good possibility that it's happened previously and that he's an emotionally-fragile douche who could very well present a more serious danger in the future.

Some people think you shouldn't even do that, saying you should just take it or walk away. That's always funny.

Back
Top Bottom