3ypc 1.14: Madden-ethan Skolnick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc 1.14: Madden-ethan Skolnick

920x920.jpg

Fast forward to 22 min mark to get to Madden talk; which is only about 2 minutes. Before that about 30 seconds on Gesicki and 30 seconds on James. So I Just turned it off after the other two guys came on around the 24 minute mark to advertise their podcast, dropping f bombs while I’m grilling some chicken with my 7 year old son. Guess I should be more careful.

Anyway, the Madden ratings are quite interesting. Not saying they’re perfect, but I certainly don’t disagree Fins have very little high end talent. Some will prove higher than their projections, Drake and RT come to mind, but some will be lower, Wake for one. My point being this team lacks the talent to make the playoffs. I’m optimistic that the culture and leadership focus will help them turn the corner in 2019. This year will be disappointing to many fin fans as many expect 10 plus wins.

Last edited:
I think we have the potential to have some high end talent if we get the proper coaching. Look Bill Billicheat churns his roster every 4 5 years somehow maintains enough talent to get it done. I also believe we have some very, very good talent at DE, DB, OT and TE. Potential is there at WR and RB. Worries should be at QB if RT comes out rusty, at LB and DT where we are young and inexperienced and at kicker. The interior Oline looks ok with some depth. Getting back to Billicheat he proves its about coaching and since Gase ran the stats on the team out of town thats a statement to me he is saying he agrees its about coaching also. So I do expect a 10 win season out of our team because a good / great coach can do that with this team this year with our schedule. If Gase is not up to the task then expect 6 wins or so.

Fast forward to 22 min mark to get to Madden talk; which is only about 2 minutes. Before that about 30 seconds on Gesicki and 30 seconds on James. So I Just turned it off after the other two guys came on around the 24 minute mark to advertise their podcast, dropping f bombs while I’m grilling some chicken with my 7 year old son. Guess I should be more careful.

Anyway, the Madden ratings are quite interesting. Not saying they’re perfect, but I certainly don’t disagree Fins have very little high end talent. Some will prove higher than their projections, Drake and RT come to mind, but some will be lower, Wake for one. My point being this team lacks the talent to make the playoffs. I’m optimistic that the culture and leadership focus will help them turn the corner in 2019. This year will be disappointing to many fin fans as many expect 10 plus wins.

I look forward to your podcast.

Meh I’m not too concerned with madden ratings, but for what it is worth it looks like everyone is lower across the board, i mean just look at these qb’s ovrs:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/399459-madden-19-qb-ratings#r1GgfY3l2RYiApEr.99

Lol Lamar Jackson is a 67! Wonder how the other rookies stack up

I just don't see how the hell Andrew Luck always gets rated so high. He's like the greatest HOF QB of all time, like gods gift to the position who hasn't did anything in ages

Vegas win totals are about 0.83 correlated with your record from last year. I think the correlation is even higher with your 5 year average win total.

You look at a Vegas win total, you should interpret it as nothing more than a mathematical construct reflecting 1) your average win totals over the last 5 years, and 2) your win total a year ago. That's basically it.

Coach hot seat odds are derived off almost exclusively off the win total projections and your previous win total.

You take the teams with the worst win totals, scrub out the ones that have a head coach in their first or second year, maybe scrub out a few special situations, and there you have it.

So let's run through all these scub-outs and special situations.

Todd Bowles (5-11) just signed a new contract in New York to specifically get him off the hot seat. The Colts (4-12) have a new head coach Frank Reich. The Raiders (6-10) have a new head coach Jon Gruden. The Giants (3-13) have a new head coach Pat Shurmur. The Bears (5-11) have a new head coach Matt Nagy.

The 49ers (6-10) have a 2nd year head coach who got "his" franchise quarterback, and finished the year winning 6 out of 7 games. He's not going anywhere NEAR the top of these futures lists.

The Texans (4-11) have a coach Bill O'Brian who went 9-7 with the Texans three years in a row and got them into the playoffs twice, and he went 3-3 with their hot young rookie QB before he got hurt. This is not the type of coach that is going to go high on the hot seat futures.

Basically just leaves you with the MOST obvious one (and Vegas communicated that he's the most obvious one) Hue Jackson...followed by a group that basically just includes Adam Gase, Dirk Koetter, Vance Joseph, Jay Gruden, and Marvin Lewis.

Why aren't those other guys up above Gase? I'm not sure it matters first off, because the odds are all pretty long anyway. But this is where some subjectivity really comes into it.

The Bengals are notoriously cheap, and notoriously stubborn. They don't operate like the rest of the NFL, in a lot of ways, including firing the head coach. Lewis has been on the hot seat list for ages and he's never fired. This is like the opposite of the New England Patriots. History has shown that even though you may think Marvin Lewis should be atop the hot seat charts, there's no use bothering to do that because the Bengals just won't fire him.

Vance Joseph should be above Gase but ultimately he's only in his 2nd year and I think last year he had even worse quarterbacks than Miami did. The market believes Case Keenum is far better than what they had. He's so close to Gase in the odds I'm not sure the separation matters much anyhow.

The one that is baffling is Dirk Koetter. I just don't even know what that's all about. He should clearly be on top of some of these hot seat futures lists. But it could be a situation where unbeknownst to me since I'm not a Tampa Bay fan or follower, the owners are known to love Koetter or be unusually committed to him.

Back
Top Bottom