3ypc 1.14: Madden-ethan Skolnick

Discussion in 'Dolphins Podcasts and Social Media' started by DKphin, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Derek Jeter sits when he pees Finheaven VIP Donator

Chris,

It was an odd podcast without you I hope the guys didn't roast you too bad while you were out going to see Ariana grande live.

JahnDho and ckparrothead like this.
  2. JahnDho

JahnDho Well-Known Member Donator

Looks like I’m not the only one who thought it was light on content

Crump likes this.
  3. JahnDho

Now, here’s some content

4. JahnDho

I
    Im not trying to start trouble. If anything, you guys should use it as constructive criticism. Sounds like some other listeners had similar feelings.

DolfanDuBbZ~ likes this.
  5. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I don’t think that comment meant what you think it does

JahnDho likes this.
  6. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Let it go and move on. Your approach is wearing on others,

JahnDho and Superself like this.
  7. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Back in college, there was a fantastic series of seminars I went to...basically, workshops...that helped with transitioning book knowledge into practical application in the Public Relations field. The head of the Philly Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America set it up, and invited PR professionals to offer their insights for this purpose. They did so free of charge. Tremendously nice folks.

There was this one student who chewed up an inordinate amount of time during the Q&A at the end basically making counterpoints to every speaker with what they suggested. Once a week, for four weeks. Now, keep in mind, this guy wasn't a seasoned professional like the speakers. He was a student. He just felt the need to critique the speakers for God knows what reason, suggesting ways that things could be done better, etc. He'd done that all year in every class, just arguing for the sake of arguing most of the time.

On the last day of the last seminar, the president of the PRSA chapter took his turn. Captain Combative had his hand up for the Q&A again...but he was told "I will come to you last." After all of the other questions had been fielded, the president of the chapter said to him (paraphrased), "I don't know why you feel the need to be combative and critical of everything. When you have accomplished what the people who put their time in here have accomplished, feel free to do your own seminar, and impart your (air quotes) wisdom to those you can get to attend. For now, you're just wasting everyone's time and coming off as a complete jerk. And by the way, you basically pissed off the heads of four major PR firms in Philly over the last four weeks. I wish you luck in your job search."

That's what I meant when I told him "I look forward to your podcast." While I have no doubt he has some insight, it's so shrouded in self-centered, condescending arrogance that it'll never see the light of day. CK and his crew do damn good work. Is every second a gem? No. But am I going to offer a detailed critique when he didn't ask for one? No. You know why not? BECAUSE HE DIDN'T ASK FOR ONE, AND I DON'T HAVE A PODCAST.

For now, I'm going to take Fin Fan In Cali's advice and put him on ignore. That's two people in fifteen freaking years. Jesus. I even dealt with Shouright.

My apologies to everyone else.

miami365, dougb123, JahnDho and 4 others like this.
  8. Superself

Superself If you want to, we can supply you. Finheaven VIP

The podcast was still interesting despite there being hardly any news Dolphins related to come out within the past week.
    I listen to the podcast because the chemistry and insight are spot on. They don't take themselves too seriously and have opinions that are well grounded and logical. I may not agree with every opinion or dig everything that is not Dolphins related, but the experience still isn't diminished in any way because these guys don't trip over themselves and seem authentic.

JahnDho likes this.
  9. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Chris you can always post in VIP as well.

10. Pandarilla

Pandarilla A True Fan

[​IMG]