3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft 1st Rd. Preview) Episode 2.71 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft 1st Rd. Preview) Episode 2.71

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
In this Episode, the guys present their *2019 NFL Draft 1st Round Preview*. They start the show with a discussion about the rumors of Josh Rosen being available for a third round pick and offer their evaluation. The Preview then kicks off with a Pick by Pick breakdown till pick #13 where the Miami Dolphins choose. At that point, the guys talk about the trade down scenarios, who they would reject trade down offers for if available, and make predictions on who will be chosen.

https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/e/3ypc-2019-nfl-draft-1st-rd-preview-episode-271/

iTunes:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2

On the Web:
https://www.fivereasonssports.com/south-florida-podcasts/three-yards-per-carry/

We are also having a contest to giveaway Up to THREE 3YPC Mugs:

. Provide a List of Ten Names in this Format: (Player Name, Position, School, Draft Round)

(EXAMPLE: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma, 1st Round)

. Whoever gets the most names drafted by the Miami Dolphins, Wins. The Tie Breaker is the Draft Round.

. Provide that List of Names in the Comments Below, make sure to include your Twitter Handle.

Enter Here:
https://www.fivereasonssports.com/news/three-yards-per-carry-mug-contest/

After listening I am absolutely convinced that we pass on Rosen and target Tua and a secondary QB option next year. Chris’ comment that we may have a 1 in 5 shot at Tua seems about right

Very surprised at the lack of space hopper awareness, I thought they were a worldwide phenomenon.

Seriously believe the space hopper can be used as an exercise "vehicle"
in training camp to develop "bottom end bounce!"

On board with Ralph on this one. Miami is in a great position for a team to trade up for 1 of the 4 QBs. Haskins, Locke and now possibly Jones are in play in the top 15 picks and thus 2 things will happen. Teams trade up into the top 10 pushing a possible guy like Oliver down to Miami or Miamis pick at 13 becomes prime territory for teams to compete to trade up with out giving up the farm for their beloved QB.

Take into consideration all our needs trading back makes the most sense since a particular position does not need to be targeted in this draft so much.

In terms of Simmons vs Sweat I lean on Sweat former college injuried players usually lead to NFL injured players, talent be darned. Follow your heart here.

Just want to throw out there that the focus if getting additional draft picks should be for this year so we can develop them for next year.

Having 15 plus rookies in one draft like 20 makes it harder to develop, evaluate and resign to the roster when their contracts all expire in the same year.

No matter what happens it seems the Fins are in a good spot to take BPA or trade back and since we have so many holes we could take just about anybody and it would be a good pick!

If Taylor or Williams are there I feel they will be the choice but the idea of Greedy is very compelling. Two shut down corners with Minkah, McCain and Jones would turn Miami into a “No Fly Zone” and allow the front seven to attack the LOS.

I know the rap on Greedy is he doesn’t tackle but I’d call him more of an ankle biter which with his frame is probably best to prolong his career. He would also give us a backup plan in case negotiations with X don’t go well.

There are quite a number of quality corners we can get later though. I really like Byron Murphy in a trade down, Layne, Long and Johnson out of Houston.

Surprised you guys didn’t mention the other issue with Simmons.

Gary has me concerned. The shoulder, lack of career production and now his latest comments that he was in the wrong scheme since he would essentially be used the same way here.

How about whoever we pick comes out on stage on a hippity hop or we bring the card up on one?

Last edited:
Very surprised at the lack of space hopper awareness, I thought they were a worldwide phenomenon.

Yes me too, and a little disappointed in CK and Alf, come on guys you are better than that :)

Good episode as usual, you guys have the best podcast covering the fins and it's not even close, you've successfully managed to work in entertainment in the right amount, to a bunch of well researched and knowledgeable opinion, kudos to you for that. The only criticism I have is that once a week isn't enough for me. Having said that after listening to some of the daily fins podcasts, going down the route of quality rather than quantity is always the best choice.

What I don't get though is your love for Greedy and Gary too, I think you probably recorded this podcast before the news broke on Gary's shoulder issues, so I will give you a pass on that. However if there are two players that are screaming "busts" at the top of this draft it is those two.

I know we shouldn't always read too much into the combine but I can't get out of my head the appalling job Greedy put in on one of the drills (I forget the name of it), he looked so flat footed and inflexible, Deion Sanders highlighted it as the prime example of how not to do the drill. I know he has great speed and that may get him out of bad situations where his feet and flexibility let him down, but in the big league the coaches and wideouts will soon work out how to attack him, I honestly can't see him as a "lock down" corner I think Alf described him as. I believe he may be getting elevated due to his frame, 40 time and the fact he's coming out of LSU, with it's recent history of DB talent rather looking what he's put out on tape, which for me is just meh. I wouldn't touch him in the first at all, maybe 2nd, but to me his real value is 3rd round. Some team will draft him on day one however just hope it's not us.

If he is not even the best DE on his team in college (as you all said) why would you think about spending the 13th pick on Gary ? The film isn't great, personally I have serious concerns on his personality as it has come over in the destination Nashville series, screams to me of someone who is just looking to get paid. I liked the bit on the podcasts where you compared him to Simmons, and said one was Elite and the other not. I totally agree, I think we can drop back a little and still pick up Simmons but I would also be happy if we took him at 13, like Simon said, who cares about 2019, it's all about 2020 and beyond.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom