3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft Review) Episode 2.72 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft Review) Episode 2.72

He just turned 22 in February. But still, the dude is hella young. And I don't know if folks remember what they were like when they were in their early 20s...but that's a responsibility for someone a year removed from being legal to drink.

He is a pup.

Back way yonder I could drink at 18.

We grew up faster in the old days.

He just turned 22 in February. But still, the dude is hella young. And I don't know if folks remember what they were like when they were in their early 20s...but that's a responsibility for someone a year removed from being legal to drink.
I was quite mature at 21/22, but then again, I joined the Corps when I was 17. I've, proudly, immatured quite a lot in the last 30 years though.

I was quite mature at 21/22, but then again, I joined the Corps when I was 17. I've, proudly, immatured quite a lot in the last 30 years though.

Some have to mature quicker than others. If I had the determination now when I was 18-21, I would have done a lot better in school...

He is a pup.

Back way yonder I could drink at 18.

We grew up faster in the old days.
I remember when I was told I was going to Camp Lejeune, NC. I'd heard the drinking age was 18, but they'd changed it to 21 right before I went. I turned 18 not long after arriving, and luckily, back then, a military ID bent some rules.

So this CK Parrot fellow... Did this man, for lack of a better befitting word, used to use a parrot for an avatar? If so, I may remember him from back in the day.

With the 10th pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Arizona Cardinals select, the 62nd pick in the 2019 NFL draft.

If you look at it like that, and if that were Miami's doing, people would be flipping out about the utter failure of the front office.

We drafted a first round QB without having to use a first round pick.

And I'm of the belief that if Rosen is the QB going forward, if Miami gets several playoff appearances with him at the helm, it'll be a whole hell of a lot better than anything we've seen in the last 2 decades.

I think that is a pretty good way at looking at it. IF you told me last year during the 2018 NFL draft that we were getting pick 10 for pick 62 I would ask why we are moving up a spot. I don't know if I would believe you if you told me that we would be keeping pick 11 and just trading a late 2nd, while also gaining a 2nd in 2020 for pick 10.

The value is insanely good...almost too good.

If he flops, he flops, but just the idea that the franchise is actually taking shots for once on a QB instead of waiting is...nice, refreshing even. The hope is he ends up being great, but based on the value and money we spent, the team is not tied to him like they were with Tannehill and moving on would be very easy.

Last edited:
Nice little subtle jab asking if it’s even possible for me to be happy with Josh Rosen’s on field play. Because heaven knows I’m so biased the guy could have a Patrick Mahomes season and I would still be sh_tting all over it, right?

I can’t put some sort of static threshold on it because there are so many different ways to, for example, get to a 90 passer rating that it would be irresponsible for me to just throw out a nominal number and then that’s it. The truth is the evaluation is ongoing. It is always ongoing. This is where people make mistakes. They have a tendency to cut off their evaluations of players and then that player just is what they’ve decided until proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they’re not what you thought.

If I was like that then I’d be all over the Josh Rosen trade, because I evaluated Josh Rosen as worthy of a 1st round pick one year ago. But the evaluation is ongoing, new data is available, and the incorporation of that new data in with the old tells me (and the NFL) that he’s not worth that anymore. If more data comes in that points to something different, guess what? My evaluation may change again! Fancy that.

What I would want from him is for him to show me that he’s an above average quarterback in this league, with highly attractive traits, and developing toward showing consistent, elite performance. Otherwise I’m going to continue evaluating quarterbacks and continue fawning over the great ones and issuing recommendations that the Dolphins go after them, just as I did with the likes of Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, etc.

Amen, well said

So this CK Parrot fellow... Did this man, for lack of a better befitting word, used to use a parrot for an avatar? If so, I may remember him from back in the day.

I can’t remember ever using a parrot as my avatar. If you go back decades, when I first joined, I picked out a picture of the Joker as my avatar. But that was a picture that had been uploaded to the site already because it was being used by another user named bigbry so I changed mine to a moving gif of Strong Bad. And then I believe I changed it to what you see now.

Not that it matters. I’m not interested in your personal scores. And apparently others aren’t, either.

Dont forget the sweater vest!

Back
Top Bottom