3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft Review) Episode 2.72 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft Review) Episode 2.72

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
In this Episode, the guys talk about the Trade that landed QB Josh Rosen with the Miami Dolphins. They then move on to talk about Dolphin Draftees Christian Wilkins, Michael Dieter, Andrew Van Ginkel, Isaiah Prince, Chandler Cox, and Myles Gaskin. They review each pick and offer their views on the Dolphins Draft overall.

https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/e/3ypc-2019-nfl-draft-review-episode-272/

iTunes:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781

Web:
https://www.fivereasonssports.com/south-florida-podcasts/three-yards-per-carry/

Thanks for posting...

Enjoyed the debates.

Preston Williams as a UDFA seems insane???

From what I found on him he's no more "tainted" in terms of
missteps than many...

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sp...ill-suspended-coach-mike-bobo-says/829738002/

Hard to understand how he completely fell out of the draft -- unless there are
"dark web" issues.

Would certainly look forward to more analysis/insight on him!

In the weeks leading up to the draft it became more apparent that the Cardinals were picking Kyler Murray with the #1 pick in the draft. The Kingsbury/ Murray connection was too strong for them to go any other way. That left them one little problem, how to gracefully walk away from your #1 pick of just 1 year ago. Enter Miami-we've actually been without a great QB since Dan Marino so how could we not take a shot at getting Rosen on the cheap. It was not the plan entering the draft but after the Murray pick was made we had an opportunity to get a lot of value for a small commitment. Enter Josh Rosen-a 22 year old UCLA standout that has a great arm, a quick delivery and the brains to be a great NFL QB. I'm thinking we just might have solved the franchise QB problem. If we can get Jim Caldwell to coach him up the way he's done in the past with guys like Peyton and Matthew Stafford Rosen will be a weapon. Of course, we must surround him with a running game, a quality o-line and some super fast receivers. We have some of those pieces in place and we are not done in FA. I wrote some where else that we should simply give Rosen a mulligan for his time in Arizona, go slowly with the kid and give him every chance to win. He has to have a giant chip on his shoulder and I'm rooting for him.

Nice listen, as always.

any of you listen to the Donno and Friedo's interview with Josh Weinfuss, the ESPN guy for AZ, yesterday? Holy cow...enlightening on Josh Rosen and how dysfunctional the Cardinals were on offense... e.g. practicing one play vs one coverage and if the D gave another look in the game the offense was lost.

https://wqam.radio.com/media/audio-channel/04-29-2019-josh-weinfuss

Thanks for posting - Just got into work, needed something to listen to...perfect!

I'm about halfway through this episode and great listen as always.
Disagree with @ckparrothead on the Rosen trade. I thought you were AGAINST the tank but on this episode you seem to be in disagreement with the front office for acquiring Rosen because it conflicts with what they have been doing as far as releasing players to set themselves up to tank? Maybe I misinterpreted you here.

Extremely disappointed in this episode. Particularly with @ckparrothead and the other host, Alf. IMO, Simon came across as the only reasonable and level headed host looking at things from several perspective.

I get it CK and Alf don't have a high regard for Rosen. But to make it seem like the Dolphins trade 4 1st round picks and invested $100M and completely blew the future by selecting Rosen was disappointing to hear. Initially, while listening, I heard their points. But quickly you realize their point were more emotionally driven than anything based in fact, hopes and wishes for future QB prospects.

I kept waiting for the other perspective to drop from those two and it never came. Instead of Bit@# and Moa@# about the Dolphins acquiring him and he's going to fail essentially. What would they say if the Dolphins had the opportunity to acquire him and they passed thinking of greener grasses in the future and he goes on the be solid? Then what? Drew Brees anyone?

Simon was the only one that essentially said "Look Dolphin hedge their bets by selecting Rosen now and seeing what happens and having the option in the 2021 and 2022 drafts." That hasn't changed!

Teams like the Dolphins that have ignored the position for so long don't get the option of the ideal setup for the next QB.

Nothing matters if you don't have that franchise QB...NOTHING!!!
If your the Dolphins why in the world would you take 1 opportunity at bat(draft a QB next year only) when you can have 2 opportunities at it(This year and next year)? I'm sorry that's just common sense for the most important position that you can't ignore.

Finally, When was it guaranteed that Tua and Trevor are can't miss prospects? Where's the authenticity that those guys can't fail at the next level? Did I miss that one?

Extremely disappointed in this episode. Particularly with @ckparrothead and the other host, Alf. IMO, Simon came across as the only reasonable and level headed host looking at things from several perspective.

I get it CK and Alf don't have a high regard for Rosen. But to make it seem like the Dolphins trade 4 1st round picks and invested $100M and completely blew the future by selecting Rosen was disappointing to hear. Initially, while listening, I heard their points. But quickly you realize their point were more emotionally driven than anything based in fact, hopes and wishes for future QB prospects.

Yeah, overly invested in their own opinion of certain players. That was the theme of the entire podcast. ckparrothead conceded that he was frustrated the Dolphins didn't pick any of "his guys" other than Wilkins. Alf whined about Rosen, taking Deiter third round round pick, and also the lack of a pick among defensive backs.

Rosen wasn't one of my guys last year but I fully understand the attempt. The guy has been a star quarterback all his life. NFL rookie quarterbacks are favored to fail. I've mentioned countless times that rookie quarterbacks simply don't put up many points. There are occasional exceptions, and the current era enables more exceptions, but the rule applies.

The Cardinals would not have continued to lower the price tag and simply given away Rosen. Simon understood that and described it perfectly. Alf has no clue. I was not surprised. Simon is from a country where speculation has long been part of the accepted culture. Americans are still trying to figure it out. In a man-to-man situation the other guy has an opening price which he knows only a sucker will fall for, he has a midrange logical expectation, and he has a minimum range. It is not much different than "Best Offer" haggling on ebay, if anyone has done that. Just check out how many times the seller will decline 3 consecutive times and shut you out, while content to hold onto his item for another day and another buyer. That's what Arizona would have done. It wouldn't have been ideal for them to hold Rosen until August or later but eventually the awkwardness stabilizes and it is the new day to day normalcy.

ckparrothead expressed concern we might get stuck again in 6-10 win territory, "the worst place you can be," essentially replacing Tannehill with Rosen. But the lesson is ours. Fresh to memory. That's why we are unlikely to repeat it. Other teams may have heard about the Tannehill malaise but we lived it. Eat a bad banana and the next visit to the store you devote extra time to avoiding the bad bunch.

I'm not worried

Simon was best of the lot but too positive in some areas, IMO. Overboard regarding Preston Williams, given who he compared him to. But to be fair, Simon in the prior episode had specifically named Michael Deiter as a third round possible so obviously he was happy with that one.

I thought the 7th round running backs deserved more scrutiny. We didn't aim high in the 6th or 7th round. There were far superior athletes out there. ckparrothead had a good initial summary of Prince and should not have tempered it.

Finally, When was it guaranteed that Tua and Trevor are can't miss prospects? Where's the authenticity that those guys can't fail at the next level?

Agree. Some peeps seem to take their observations/opinion as absolute fact.

That said -- at least at this point in time -- Trevor looks like the closest thing to a guarantee you'll find @QB.

For me -- I am less than sold on the impending NFL greatness of Tua.

Just want to add...

I get the fact there are some ENORMOUS EGOs around this place
and "fans" by definition are not exactly purely rational (hence "fanatic").

But I don't get being overly critical to others posting FREE content
with some strongly expressed opinions...

If you have a strong opinion you're bound to ruffle some feathers.

No harm. No foul.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

I get it CK and Alf don't have a high regard for Rosen. But to make it seem like the Dolphins trade 4 1st round picks and invested $100M and completely blew the future by selecting Rosen was disappointing to hear.

Then you really weren't listening.

At all.

Yeah, overly invested in their own opinion of certain players. That was the theme of the entire podcast. ckparrothead conceded that he was frustrated the Dolphins didn't pick any of "his guys" other than Wilkins. Alf whined about Rosen, taking Deiter third round round pick, and also the lack of a pick among defensive backs.

Rosen wasn't one of my guys last year but I fully understand the attempt. The guy has been a star quarterback all his life. NFL rookie quarterbacks are favored to fail. I've mentioned countless times that rookie quarterbacks simply don't put up many points. There are occasional exceptions, and the current era enables more exceptions, but the rule applies.

The Cardinals would not have continued to lower the price tag and simply given away Rosen. Simon understood that and described it perfectly. Alf has no clue. I was not surprised. Simon is from a country where speculation has long been part of the accepted culture. Americans are still trying to figure it out. In a man-to-man situation the other guy has an opening price which he knows only a sucker will fall for, he has a midrange logical expectation, and he has a minimum range. It is not much different than "Best Offer" haggling on ebay, if anyone has done that. Just check out how many times the seller will decline 3 consecutive times and shut you out, while content to hold onto his item for another day and another buyer. That's what Arizona would have done. It wouldn't have been ideal for them to hold Rosen until August or later but eventually the awkwardness stabilizes and it is the new day to day normalcy.

ckparrothead expressed concern we might get stuck again in 6-10 win territory, "the worst place you can be," essentially replacing Tannehill with Rosen. But the lesson is ours. Fresh to memory. That's why we are unlikely to repeat it. Other teams may have heard about the Tannehill malaise but we lived it. Eat a bad banana and the next visit to the store you devote extra time to avoiding the bad bunch.

I'm not worried

Simon was best of the lot but too positive in some areas, IMO. Overboard regarding Preston Williams, given who he compared him to. But to be fair, Simon in the prior episode had specifically named Michael Deiter as a third round possible so obviously he was happy with that one.

I thought the 7th round running backs deserved more scrutiny. We didn't aim high in the 6th or 7th round. There were far superior athletes out there. ckparrothead had a good initial summary of Prince and should not have tempered it.

This sounds very homer-ish.

The entire point of the podcast is to express our opinion of these players. That's literally why the podcast is here, and why we have 5 to 10 thousand people listening to it.

I guess we're supposed to just adopt the opinion of the Dolphins no matter who is taken, no matter what we thought of the player.

I went at lengths to describe in detail all the positives of all these players that Miami took.

Apparently you're not very good at listening.

This sounds very homer-ish.

The entire point of the podcast is to express our opinion of these players. That's literally why the podcast is here, and why we have 5 to 10 thousand people listening to it.

I guess we're supposed to just adopt the opinion of the Dolphins no matter who is taken, no matter what we thought of the player.

I went at lengths to describe in detail all the positives of all these players that Miami took.

Apparently you're not very good at listening.
You're listeners are giving you feedback and you're telling them to **** off! Good job lol!

Back
Top Bottom