3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft Review) Episode 2.72 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft Review) Episode 2.72

This sounds very homer-ish.

The entire point of the podcast is to express our opinion of these players. That's literally why the podcast is here, and why we have 5 to 10 thousand people listening to it.

I guess we're supposed to just adopt the opinion of the Dolphins no matter who is taken, no matter what we thought of the player.

I went at lengths to describe in detail all the positives of all these players that Miami took.

Apparently you're not very good at listening.

If you can't accept criticism you might want to make that podcast a private event. You advertise it here and people can criticize you and others like every other poster.

Nobody needs to listen if one of your "co-hosts" tweets

I don't even know what to call that.... :bobdole:

I thought this was Simon’s best podcast. Not saying CK and Alf were bad but Clancy brought his A game.

Overall I enjoyed it.

But I do agree that Alf’s tweet might be the worst take I’ve even seen on Twitter.

Then you really weren't listening.

At all.

I listened and I heard your opinion. What's interesting is if you list the top QBs in the league practically none of them were projected to be as good as they are.

Brady? Brees? Rogers? What happened to all of the QB's selected before them?

There's no guarantee that Murray, Tua and/or Trevor will come into the league and dominate long term.

If there's a Qb in front of you that you have some conviction about(Rosen) then you take him. Especially, if it doesn't stop you from taking another one in 2021 and/or 2022.

I think some of y'all need to tone it down a little bit bashing guys for having harsh opinions of what Miami did.

Just because they make a podcast about the team doesn't mean they have to agree with the direction the team is taking.

The team didn't make moves in accordance to what they would have done, so predictably, they're not fans of every move.

I will say, though, the Alfredo Arteaga tweet about him not liking the trade even if Rosen makes the hall of fame...not sure wtf that is about. It's letting his "the team should have done what I think!" mentality get in the way of recognizing the potential benefits of the trade.

And one last thing, Alfredo...You don't put two spaces after a period!

My evaluation of players (as prospects) is always BEST
in hindsight. Like remote viewing in my rear view mirror!

I think some of y'all need to tone it down a little bit bashing guys for having harsh opinions of what Miami did.

Just because they make a podcast about the team doesn't mean they have to agree with the direction the team is taking.

The team didn't make moves in accordance to what they would have done, so predictably, they're not fans of every move.

I will say, though, the Alfredo Arteaga tweet about him not liking the trade even if Rosen makes the hall of fame...not sure wtf that is about. It's letting his "the team should have done what I think!" mentality get in the way of recognizing the potential benefits of the trade.

And one last thing, Alfredo...You don't put two spaces after a period!

I agree with every single part of this. I don't know what possessed Alf with that thing about Josh being a HOF quarterback.

I don't agree with the take, but how is it any different from everyone who was saying they wouldn't like the Leonte Carroo draft and the picks traded even if Carroo turned out to be a great player?

I don't agree with the take, but how is it any different from everyone who was saying they wouldn't like the Leonte Carroo draft and the picks traded even if Carroo turned out to be a great player?
It wouldn't be any different, if people said, "Even if Leonte Carroo plays here for a dozen years, breaks every receiving record, helps our team win 10 Super Bowls and becomes a Hall of Famer, I'll always hate this trade."

I listened and I heard your opinion. What's interesting is if you list the top QBs in the league practically none of them were projected to be as good as they are.

Brady? Brees? Rogers? What happened to all of the QB's selected before them?

There's no guarantee that Murray, Tua and/or Trevor will come into the league and dominate long term.

If there's a Qb in front of you that you have some conviction about(Rosen) then you take him. Especially, if it doesn't stop you from taking another one in 2021 and/or 2022.

I'm not here to argue against or for Josh Rosen. My analysis of the trade is what it is.

I'm here to tell you that you grossly mis-characterized a lot of what I said. Not least because I specifically stated something on the podcast to the effect of, "Let's not pretend the Dolphins traded three 1st round picks for the guy or mortgaged their future or anything," as an admonishment toward people who are over-reacting negatively toward the Rosen trade. And then here you come saying, "CK totally pretended we traded four 1st round picks and $100 million for Rosen I am disppoint!!!!"

I think you care about the subject quite a bit and so you seem unwilling to listen to differing viewpoints without casting judgment on the person who disagrees with you. If you expect me to be a cheerleader for every single thing the Dolphins do, you're listening to the wrong podcast.

This sounds very homer-ish.

The entire point of the podcast is to express our opinion of these players. That's literally why the podcast is here, and why we have 5 to 10 thousand people listening to it.

I guess we're supposed to just adopt the opinion of the Dolphins no matter who is taken, no matter what we thought of the player.

I went at lengths to describe in detail all the positives of all these players that Miami took.

Apparently you're not very good at listening.

CK, I very much enjoy your podcasts and respect the opinions expressed highly. I know all of you do a lot of the research on players most of us either don't have the time to do, or just don't have the eyes to do correctly.

CK, I listen very carefully to your opinions and generally find them well thought out and superior overall. But, this time I must say that Simon is right. You appear to be overly concerned with consistency of our front office following their plan. I have to say that any QB needy GM who has an opportunity like Rosen must take it. Be damned the plan, especially if accepting the opportunity has little effect on the plan?

Sure, Rosen may not get an ideal shot this year because of how much those around him will suck, but our coaches and evaluators will have an excellent chance to know just what his potential will be. So, why be so concerned about his performance? I think what you are really saying is that you don't trust Flores and co. to figure out exactly what they have, even with a front row seat?

CK, I very much enjoy your podcasts and respect the opinions expressed highly. I know all of you do a lot of the research on players most of us either don't have the time to do, or just don't have the eyes to do correctly.

CK, I listen very carefully to your opinions and generally find them well thought out and superior overall. But, this time I must say that Simon is right. You appear to be overly concerned with consistency of our front office following their plan. I have to say that any QB needy GM who has an opportunity like Rosen must take it. Be damned the plan, especially if accepting the opportunity has little effect on the plan?

Sure, Rosen may not get an ideal shot this year because of how much those around him will suck, but our coaches and evaluators will have an excellent chance to know just what his potential will be. So, why be so concerned about his performance? I think what you are really saying is that you don't trust Flores and co. to figure out exactly what they have, even with a front row seat?

It's fine if you disagree with me. I wouldn't expect you to agree with every analysis of mine.

But neither of us is "right" on an absolute basis. We're just spouting our opinions here. Only time will tell who was right. If you're trying to say that I'm wrong and you're right no matter what happens in the future, then that makes your statement no different from the one Alf made which is being panned.

It's fine if you disagree with me. I wouldn't expect you to agree with every analysis of mine.

But neither of us is "right" on an absolute basis. We're just spouting our opinions here. Only time will tell who was right. If you're trying to say that I'm wrong and you're right no matter what happens in the future, then that makes your statement no different from the one Alf made which is being panned.

Not at all. Just don't see WHY sticking to the plan is so paramount, even at the expense of a shot at a potentially very good, or better, QB? Which of course, we have failed to acquire for far too long?

It wouldn't be any different, if people said, "Even if Leonte Carroo plays here for a dozen years, breaks every receiving record, helps our team win 10 Super Bowls and becomes a Hall of Famer, I'll always hate this trade."

My point is how is it different from people say it's not about the player or how good the player turns out it's about making a bad trade to get there. They're not saying they don't like the player or what the player careers turns out to be they just didn't like the trade. I mean of cours we would like the 10 Super Bowls and a Hall of Fame career, but that doesn't mean trading (for example) 3 1st round picks for a qb that you could have drafted with just one first round pick was a good trade.

Don't get me wrong, I like the trade for Rosen and would thought it was a bad move to pass on a first round talent for a second round pick. But the argument seems similar to what people were saying a few years ago about the Carroo deal.

My point is how is it different from people say it's not about the player or how good the player turns out it's about making a bad trade to get there. They're not saying they don't like the player or what the player careers turns out to be they just didn't like the trade. I mean of cours we would like the 10 Super Bowls and a Hall of Fame career, but that doesn't mean trading (for example) 3 1st round picks for a qb that you could have drafted with just one first round pick was a good trade.

It’s always about how good the player turns out unless you have perfect information about the alternatives, which is almost never the case. I mean yeah if you’re on the phone with a GM who says I’ll give you Rosen for a 3rd and you reply let’s make it a 2nd, then yeah some element of that decision will always be wrong even if the guy is a hall of famer. But short of something so absurd, you chalk up the perception of an ‘overpay’ to a deal risk premium and compare it with the end result of the acquisition (i.e. how good the player is).

Back
Top Bottom