3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft Review) Episode 2.72 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(2019 Nfl Draft Review) Episode 2.72

So this CK Parrot fellow... Did this man, for lack of a better befitting word, used to use a parrot for an avatar? If so, I may remember him from back in the day.

Ya I guess the little boy pissing was taken...

Famous saying " People who live in glass houses should not throw stones "
or Don't Piss into the wind....

CK has been around for a long time like in the days were sanity was allowing ones "opinion" to be expressed and debated over on a topic interest...

Todays sanity is ????? well if you don't get it telling you is a waste of time....

And CK a little advice ignore what is just Dumb a** meaningless BS if off topic.
Your response gives some level of credibility or satisfaction to these types of people.....

Wow what's going on here ?

I listened to the pod on the way home from work yesterday, enjoyable as usual, Alf and CK being miserable buggers about Rosen et al, but totally entitled to their opinion. I've not always been in agreement with what they say for example their prolonged defence of Tannehill had me questioning their talent evaluation skills and the remarks they all made that the injury was the thing that stopped him becoming the elite QB we have never had was absolute garbage. However these guys put a lot of effort into building up their knowledge of the prospects and pros and I will always respect their opinion. This pod cast is by far the best one I listen too and it's always an entertaining hour or so for me, something I look forward to on my commute home.

Regarding the Rosen trade, I've already said I'm a huge fan of the move they made, think it's a great deal for all parties, in my opinion this doesn't preclude us from joining the Tua race next year, we've picked up a player regarded throughout the league as one of the best QB talents available just 12 months ago for the 62nd pick in the draft and $6 mill over three years and a 4th year option. It's crazy value especially when you factor in that he's still only 22.

Hey the great thing guys is that people are talking about your podcasts, that shows how popular they are and how relevant your opinion is. 7 plus pages of folks bitching and whining, that's good stuff :)

For the next episode I suggest you reopen the space hopper debate and education, seems like a lot less controversial.

Really enjoy the podcast. Makes info available in UK and encourages me to look at College prospects and makes the draft and the offseason more fun. Do I agree with them all the time - no, am I grateful the podcast exists - yes. Even if one of the presenters is a space hopper loving Liverpool FC fan. The other good thing about being in the UK is that the Sun Sentinel is blocked now here so I cant read anymore of Omar Kelly's ramblings and agendas !! The offseason is the time of opinions, I cant wait until it the season again and it is all about perfomances.

Really enjoy the podcast. Makes info available in UK and encourages me to look at College prospects and makes the draft and the offseason more fun. Do I agree with them all the time - no, am I grateful the podcast exists - yes. Even if one of the presenters is a space hopper loving Liverpool FC fan. The other good thing about being in the UK is that the Sun Sentinel is blocked now here so I cant read anymore of Omar Kelly's ramblings and agendas !! The offseason is the time of opinions, I cant wait until it the season again and it is all about perfomances.

You can always follow Omar on twitter, I did that for a while, omg I was so happy after I clicked unfollow, the amount of crap he spouts is pretty impressive tbh, if only he spent the same effort into researching his articles prior to posting them.

After some personal fouls and warnings called for unnecessary roughness, 3ypc has taken a 4th quarter lead.

The Rosen trade is only a bad one if they do not spend significiant resources to shore up the OL this offseason. It seemed like by the end of this podcast, Ck seemed to agree that the Rosen move in isolation was a good one, but that they hadn't done enough to put a good cast around him, thus ensuring a poor strategic outcome. But to me, why judge this until after free agency? The narrative really seems like, they were tanking for Tua in 2020, but then Rosen fell unexpectedly far/their research on him was unusually positive. So, last-minute, they changed course. I can't truly fault them for that, and give them credit for jumping on the opportunity. Given this narrative, of course they had to shift gears fast, and of course they will spend in FA to shore up the OL. It would only be blameworthy and shocking if they did not do so, is my point....

While I agree that giving Rosen an above-average NFL roster is not feasible this year, I do think it's very feasible to give him an above-average OL talent-wise. I'm talking 2-3 mid-to-higher tier pickups, maybe a notch higher than last offseason with Sittion+Kilgore. LT is elite, Sam Young and Kilgore should be average, if you plug in average talent at the other spots then by definition you are above average talent wise. You have a proven OL coach too. With this, and our decent receivers group, we should be able to see a clear signal from Rosen -this year- if he is special, evaluating almost exclusively on passing stats. If not, we know to keep hunting.

Forget wins, forget defense -- the only question that matters for 2019 is, is Rosen our guy. And by not spending to create a well-rounded team, we keep within striking distance of a franchise QB in the next draft. Rosen would essentially have to light it up to get even 6-7 wins. Without being explicit about it, our goals should be to keep the win total low, and the passing offensive production high. To me that is the shortest-distance way to convert this tactical win of finding Rosen for cheap into something compelling and cohesive at a strategic level.

Last edited:
You can always follow Omar on twitter, I did that for a while, omg I was so happy after I clicked unfollow, the amount of crap he spouts is pretty impressive tbh, if only he spent the same effort into researching his articles prior to posting them.
I did follow on twitter for a while but it was either a frontal lobotomy or unfollowing him !!! It is great that I cant inadvertently click on a link and find myself inadvertently seeing something that cannot be unseen.

gUph2mM.png

I tried to watch one of his pod casts for the first time today... I couldn't believe how weak and self serving he was.
Heck, I thought Jim Rome was a tool.
I wont do that again.

I tried to watch one of his pod casts for the first time today... I couldn't believe how weak and self serving he was.
Heck, I thought Jim Rome was a tool.
I wont do that again.

Jim Rome is terrible, but thanks to Jim Rome, we got multiple extremely good Phil Hendrie parodies of the Jim Rome show, which I still listen to whenever I need to remind myself that there have sometimes been good things on talk radio.

Jim Rome is terrible, but thanks to Jim Rome, we got multiple extremely good Phil Hendrie parodies of the Jim Rome show, which I still listen to whenever I need to remind myself that there have sometimes been good things on talk radio.

Phil Hendrie would crack me up. He did this thing were he was owner of a restaurant in one of his voices that would throw people out of the restaurant if they order anything but medium rare.

This thread is ridiculous lol. This reminds me of when someone calls Mel Kiper an idiot, because he gives his opinion on a player and ends up being wrong. Meanwhile, there are 100 people being paid a lot of money by the NFL that are wrong, constantly. But Kiper can tell you about his 300th rated player on his board off the dome while some people have watched 30 seconds of youtube highlights and 'knew it'.

Here's the simple fact, I, like CK, just don't like Rosen as an NFL QB. I think it was an okay trade though, taking a shot at a QB. Take as many shots as you can. I am not super hurt by the trade, although I would of rather we didn't. However, in CKs mind, if he doesn't like a player, then a 2nd round pick and next years 5th isn't going to cut it. Its too much to give up when a lot of good players were on the board. How hard is that to understand?

Here is the reality of the situation. Miami, using the exact same draft capital as the trades made in the 2nd round, could of had Christian Wilkins, Erik McCoy, and Chase WInovich in the top 3 rounds.

This is the same thing every year. People are so blinded by what the Dolphins do, anytime someone says something negative, everyone on here flips there ****. Weve been to the playoffs twice in 18 years. News flash, those people that have been bashing the Dolphins moves, have been correct.

Back
Top Bottom