3ypc-(bucs Recap-panthers Preview) Episode 1.21 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(bucs Recap-panthers Preview) Episode 1.21

Also CK do I really have to make a Twitter account just to submit questions for the podcast?

You can just tell me and I'll submit it to Alf on your behalf. He's been sort of the keeper of the twitter questions.

My question would be among all the DTs we have on the roster, barring injury, who ends up with the most snaps? Suhs snap count last year was crazy

Yikes they really don’t like Parker. Which is interesting because when he turns it on (which he has done) he is by far the most complete receiver on the team.

Yikes they really don’t like Parker. Which is interesting because when he turns it on (which he has done) he is by far the most complete receiver on the team.

Yeah I was really surprised at the banter about Parker being traded.

I like MInhah on the field but if he is playing the slot, where is he when they are in their base defense? On the bench? That is where I get a bit pissed. I don't want TJ McDonald back there because he doesn't have the range which is why I thought we were bringing Minkah in for.

I didn't realize that it is likely that Bobby McCain plays outside CB and Minkah Fitzpatrick plays the slot CB role, until listening to this podcast. (Interesting tidbit revealed by the guys that I was unaware of, is that Minkah played over 70% of his college snaps in the slot at Alabama). I had just assumed that Bobby would be in the slot - but maybe I'm wrong. If the 3YPC guys are correct (their logic seems good), it's all about the top 5 DBs (Jones, McDonald, Howard, McCain and Fitzpatrick) and so all the discussion of Tankersley vs McTyer vs Lippett is more about backup depth. I thought that Tankersley did pretty well last year as a rookie but clearly the pressure is on to lift his game.
Other really interesting nugget that the 3YPC guys revealed is how much they really like Jalen Davis (#1) in that they all agreed that he makes the 53 man roster. They see Davis as the backup slot CB and but him ahead of players like Cornell Armstrong and Tony Lippett to make the roster.

Back
Top Bottom