3ypc-(bucs Recap-panthers Preview) Episode 1.21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(bucs Recap-panthers Preview) Episode 1.21

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
In this Episode, the guys recap the 1st preseason game versus the Buccaneers. They also analyze each Unit on the team, and tell you who they think is going to make the final 53 man roster. After the break, they preview the 2nd Miami Dolphins preseason game on the road versus the Carolina Panthers. They close out the show by answering Twitter questions.

https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/e/3ypc-bucs-recap-panthers-preview-episode-121/

Another great podcast.

I am stunned that with the concerns at corner there hasn’t been more discussion about moving Minkah to the boundary. I believe some draft “experts” were even discussing before the draft that he could play there. I don’t want to give up his level of FS play but if they really want our best on the field that is a step in the right direction.

By the way;

Waffles (crispy)
Pancakes (if I’m having eggs)
French Toast (ahead of pancakes if no eggs)

nice podcast, but yall should really try redneck eggrolls if yall can find them as opposed to southwestern. rednecks have pulled pork and cabbage. And unless I heard wrong because I was working in my shop and had the podcast on at my desk, I believe yall mentioned something I was thinking but I hadn't posted. if we do have MF in the slot as opposed to BM til everything gets finalized that I think it could benefit the running game. if MF proves to be a much better tackler or blitzer out of the position then BM, then it'll be an added benefit.

Waffles..... they are the best out of the 3 with beer, the others are too sweet to drink with.
Pancakes
Frenchtoast

Nicely done, LOL.

Make sure they are not from Sonny's if you are getting red neck egg rolls. :)

The five weaknesses from last year's DEFENSE (areas where they ranked either dead last in the league or close to it):

1. Run defense in Nickel package
2. Pass defense in Base package
3. Third & Long conversion rate
4. Red zone touchdown conversion rate
5. Tight end production

There are some overlaps among those.

But if you get Minkah Fitzpatrick in the slot, where he worked for Nick Saban at Alabama and became the star player he was, then you've got a more physical run presence at that position, which will usually be on the strong side. That has the potential to really improve on Weakness #1.

Interestingly, Bobby McCain's snaps in the Base defense (he was the second CB in Base on 72 of 365 snaps) showed an improved pass defense out of Base. Instead of being among the last in the league, they were right in the middle of the pack, and that is a remarkable improvement for Weakness #2.

Another way that I personally believe they could improve on Weakness #2, something I have been saying since the draft, is by having Jerome Baker play the SAM spot in Base defense. His speed and coverage abilities would be welcome in the Base pass defense. It could also impact Weakness #5.

I think Minkah Fitzpatrick in the slot, along with the possibility of him being moved to the perimeter, COULD also potentially impact Weakness #4.

Would we get off the field better on Third & Long? That's tricky. I don't know. Matt Burke has shown a stubbornness with respect to Dime defense and I have heard...that he's dug in. I no longer have reason to believe he will significantly increase Dime usage in 2018.

Another great podcast.

I am stunned that with the concerns at corner there hasn’t been more discussion about moving Minkah to the boundary. I believe some draft “experts” were even discussing before the draft that he could play there. I don’t want to give up his level of FS play but if they really want our best on the field that is a step in the right direction.

By the way;

Waffles (crispy)
Pancakes (if I’m having eggs)
French Toast (ahead of pancakes if no eggs)

I am sure the thought has been kicked around. Ultimately I think they'd prefer to keep Minkah at the position he was drafted to play. We let Tunsil play OG his rookie year and while he was successful at it, it delayed his development at LT.

430acdd3-8511-4664-a406-c948583722e0.gif

Good stuff
Just some thoughts after listening.
Lippett I am thinking putting him on PUP give him at least to mid season to make a come back for a former starter.
I just don't see a replacement for Parker size on this team even with all these recievers.
Really recievers and dbs we have alot of potential with lots of depth. Just got to spread the ball around to keep the recievers all healthy.
I am amazed that Tank is moving backwards and there is any discussion on trading a 3rd round pick for a 4th round pick after Tanks just been a year on the squad.
My current major 3 areas of concern
1. Burke does he have the tools. Things feel like they are in a bit of disaray under his tutalege so far.
2. You mentioned and I agree who might be that option for that 6th linebacker position. That could be really important if a injury shows up.
3. The defensive line in particular do we really have the insurance we need in that defensive tackle rotation in Phillips and Spence? Phillips gets hurt Spence have not heard much. The DE on paper we are loaded on paper with talent and financial resources plus picks under Gase but the results are not showing imo so far.
Hum guess a better question might be does Gase have the stuff to replace Burke midseason if it appears he is the problem?

One other the question is if you were the phins coach not Gase how do you stack up Petty against Fales and Brock.

You need to see much, much more of Bryce Petty in this offense before you can start making that judgment. The problem is you know that Fales and Brock know the offense very well and that Gase knows them very well, as their play caller. Is the same really true of Petty? A couple of late-game drives don't necessarily show that.

I will say this though, when I took a closer look at what he did with the Jets, there's talent there. I've heard, going back long ago, that he's a guy that might have a hard time "getting it" mentally speaking.

You need to see much, much more of Bryce Petty in this offense before you can start making that judgment. The problem is you know that Fales and Brock know the offense very well and that Gase knows them very well, as their play caller. Is the same really true of Petty? A couple of late-game drives don't necessarily show that.

I will say this though, when I took a closer look at what he did with the Jets, there's talent there. I've heard, going back long ago, that he's a guy that might have a hard time "getting it" mentally speaking.

I am also sure that the suh and wake sandwich that was force-fed to petty took a few years off his life span

I am also sure that the suh and wake sandwich that was force-fed to petty took a few years off his life span

You know what's crazy about that play?

He made the throw!!!

Seriously, it's 3rd & 5, he gets absolutely destroyed by that Suh-Wake sandwich, but he made a big time back shoulder throw to Robbie Anderson for a big gain.

But yeah, if you can like get cancer from an NFL hit then I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

You know what's crazy about that play?

He made the throw!!!

Seriously, it's 3rd & 5, he gets absolutely destroyed by that Suh-Wake sandwich, but he made a big time back shoulder throw to Robbie Anderson for a big gain.

But yeah, if you can like get cancer from an NFL hit then I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

100% didn't even remember he actually completed the pass. Props to him for that, ive seen plenty other qbs make a business decision there and just crumble before getting hit and just taking the sack.

Back
Top Bottom