3ypc-(kris Richard-coach Search) Episode 1.56 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(kris Richard-coach Search) Episode 1.56

How does a Patriots fan know if Flores interview went well or not? CK says sources told him the interview doesn’t blow them out of the water - yet in this episode it’s revealed it’s a big patriots fan?

Think you got confused. Let me clarify a bit because maybe we mucked it up.

I have a TEAM source who told me that Flores's interview didn't blow anyone away. Adam Beasley's source disagrees with that. His source says Grier among others was "very impressed" with the interview.

Simon has a FRIEND, who is an avid Patriots fan, and also somewhat connected (with the Patriots), who says that Brian Flores "isn't ready".

The two things have nothing to do with one another.

The point I tried to make is, forget Simon's friend the Patriots fan. THE PATRIOTS THEMSELVES decided Brian Flores "wasn't ready" even for a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR job (let alone head coach job) one year ago. I mean that's just a fact. They flat out refused to bestow upon Flores the defensive coordinator title. They kept it open in case someone better comes along.

As for the split between Kris Richard and Pete Carroll...

Listen, we're trying hard not to betray anyone's trust.

Let's just say...Cliff Avril got the story from God. He read it in the Bible. We called in a favor with Cliff Avril, and so Cliff Avril rode the elevator to heaven, waited outside God's office, got buzzed in, and got the story.

The point of the 'explanation' was that nothing actually happened between Carroll and Richard. They love each other. Nor did anything weird or illegal or immoral or unscrupulous or whatever your imagination can come up with happen, to where Richard had to be ushered quickly out of the building. Nor was there a "difference of philosophy" which various bullsh-t articles have been trying to peddle for a while.

There was a decision, a mutual decision, which means both sides agreed, that Kris Richard wasn't going to be taken as seriously as he should be, given as much credit as he should be, wasn't going to get a head coaching opportunity, unless he steps out of Pete Carroll's shadow and structure. He had been Pete Carroll's longest-tenured assistant, and Carroll said if you want to be a head coach you've got to get out of here and do this somewhere else because until then everyone's going to keep attributing your successes to someone else.

Good coordinators are so valuable that one can easily IMAGINE that such a decision might be...frowned upon...by selfishly interested people who think you should do everything you can to keep a good coach working for you.

In that case is it inaccurate/lazy/sloppy journalism when it's stated that he was fired by Seattle?

There was a decision, a mutual decision, which means both sides agreed, that Kris Richard wasn't going to be taken as seriously as he should be, given as much credit as he should be, wasn't going to get a head coaching opportunity, unless he steps out of Pete Carroll's shadow and structure. He had been Pete Carroll's longest-tenured assistant, and Carroll said if you want to be a head coach you've got to get out of here and do this somewhere else because until then everyone's going to keep attributing your successes to someone else..

If that's true, my respect for Pete Carroll has risen tremendously. Because he's absolutely, 100%, completely right. I think that Richard's ability to step away from his mentor and be successful in another job is the single biggest thing that stands out to me on his resume.

He went out of his comfort zone, set out on his own, and did a good job somewhere else.

CK, do Dolphin sources believe they absolutely have a shot to land Richard or is there some fear that Jerry Jones will do something to keep him on the Cowboys staff? Seems like the talk about Flores might be designed to protect them in case Richard pulls out of consideration for whatever reason.

Sunday can’t get here soon enough. If the Boys lose Saturday I’m hoping for the ushering in of new HC Richard by Sunday at the latest.

CK, do Dolphin sources believe they absolutely have a shot to land Richard or is there some fear that Jerry Jones will do something to keep him on the Cowboys staff? Seems like the talk about Flores might be designed to protect them in case Richard pulls out of consideration for whatever reason.

My sincere belief is, and this is extremely well informed, that Kris Richard belongs to the Miami Dolphins if the Miami Dolphins want him.

The question is, do the Miami Dolphins actually want Brian Flores. It's not JUST Adam Beasley. I have a source of my own who believes Beasley is 100% correct.

We'll see. I think Miami are in the process of researching and getting to know and love Kris Richard. Even if Brian Flores started off with the lead, that doesn't mean he'll hold onto it.

To go along with what CK said, it has been reported that Miami has reached out to Seattle recently for as much information as they could get about Richard

If that's true, my respect for Pete Carroll has risen tremendously. Because he's absolutely, 100%, completely right. I think that Richard's ability to step away from his mentor and be successful in another job is the single biggest thing that stands out to me on his resume.

He went out of his comfort zone, set out on his own, and did a good job somewhere else.

It was what you think it was.

It makes sense to me. The 'Legion of Boom' wasn't credited to Kris Richard. It was credited to anyone but him: Pete Carroll, Gus Bradley, Dan Quinn.

Gus Bradley was the DC in 2010 when the defense was awful. Kris Richard was only an assistant DB Coach at that time though. The following year Kris Richard takes over as DB Coach and the defense goes Top 10, led by that secondary unit with Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, and Brandon Browner.

The Seattle defense still isn't great. It's not as if it improved when Kris Richard left for Dallas. But that Dallas defense sure did improve.

Neither Bradley nor Quinn (nor Carroll for that matter) have been able to establish that sort of defense anywhere without Kris Richard.

The question is, do the Miami Dolphins actually want Brian Flores. It's not JUST Adam Beasley. I have a source of my own who believes Beasley is 100% correct.

If this is the case, then the only ostensible reason would be because they truly want to tank and he'll lose so spectacularly they can fire him without backlash. Otherwise, Ross & Grier either know some secret that has evaded NE and the rest of the NFL or they are profoundly stupid.

Not only that, but to unselfishly let go of a good/great coach for his benefit when there's a chance he might be coaching against you in the future? I've never been a big Carroll fan (*USC*) but that took integrity.

That's almost too nice for NFL standards that I have a hard time believing it.

Not only that, but to unselfishly let go of a good/great coach for his benefit when there's a chance he might be coaching against you in the future? I've never been a big Carroll fan (*USC*) but that took integrity.

Carroll is a strange guy. Different person from the days of making choking gestures at opposing kickers. Just throwing spitballs, but I would hazard a guess that he had some kind of transformative experience in his personal life.

Well that was the report back then... Ian Rappaport pretty much said the same thing at the time...

"NFL Network's Ian Rapoport added that Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll believes Richard could benefit from "experiencing something new."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ired-as-seahawks-oc-after-7-seasons-with-team

Back
Top Bottom