3ypc-(news-draft Special #1) Episode 2.67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(news-draft Special #1) Episode 2.67

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
In the course of the podcast CK lists all of the players that Miami has interviewed at the Combine, Shrine Game, etc. CK's comments on which players he likes/dislikes etc were very interesting. Does anybody have the extensive list by position that CK talks about?
I think that CK and Alf could be close to the money re the Dolphins drafting QB Easton Stick, North Dakota State Bison. I am increasingly of the belief that our top 2 or 3 picks will be D-line and O-line and we will be looking for value.

Wow what a great show, that was a lot of information to absorb in an hour! So much so that I’m glad Simon wasn’t there as I can barely understand him to begin with! :lol:

Is it possible for you guys to post a link to that list? It was hard to keep up just listening.

A lot of good info guys. Really like the list of guys we've met with. Any way you could post it so we can reference it ? I know we could try to just go through the podcast and get them all, but it would be convienent

Great show as always guys. I really appreciate all the work you guys put into these podcasts.

Visits with some rough times if anyone is interested in the discussion;

QB: Kyler Murray, Haskins, Lock, Jones, Stidham, Will Grier, Brett Rypien, Jordan Ta'amu, Tyree Jackson, Easton Stick (~26:30 in the show)

RB: Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, Elijah Holyfield, Devine Ozigbo, Devin Singletary, Alec Ingold (FB), Rob Ritrovato (FB) ~(35:30)

WR: Riley Ridley, Andy Isabella, Emmanuel Hall, Johnnie Dixon, Justin Hobbs (~40:30)

TE: Kendall Blanton, Kahale Warring, (~45:30)

OL: (~51:15)
-Tackle- Jawaan Taylor, Andre Dillard, Koda Martin, Erin Monteiro, Chidi Okeke, Ryan Pope, Max Scharping
-Guard: Dru Samia, Chris Lindstrom, Tyler Bowling, Phil Haynes, Bunchey Stallings, Lamont Gaillaird, Ryan Anderson

DE: Nick Bosa, Montez Sweat, Jachai Polite, Jaylon Ferguson, Charles Omenihu, LJ Collier, Zach Allen, Jordan Brailford, Emmanuel Turner, Chase Winovich, Jaylen Jelks (~56:30)

DT: (~1:01)
Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Dexter Lawrence, Jerry Tillery, Armon Watts, Terry Breckner, Jordan Bradford, Albert Huggins, Michael Digby

LB: (~1:03:45)
Justin Hollins, Ben Banogu, Sione Takitaki, Joe Dineen, Mike Smith, Sutton Smith

DB: (~1:08:45)
Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, Rock Ya Sin, Bryce Brown, Derrick Baity, Ka'dar Hollman, Sean Bunting, Xavier Crawford, Jhavonte Dean, Montre Hartage, Donnie Lewis Jr, Julian Love, Trayvon Mullen, Tyree Kinnel, Mike Edwards

Yeah sorry I couldn't point you toward that list written anywhere, it really doesn't belong to me, it belongs to Kevin Dern, who put it behind a paywall. But he gave us permission to share on the pod.

Yeah sorry I couldn't point you toward that list written anywhere, it really doesn't belong to me, it belongs to Kevin Dern, who put it behind a paywall. But he gave us permission to share on the pod.
Yeah I thought about that this morning.... kind of makes me think maybe the list would at least be better off in VIP, but then again it is in your podcast which is free... ill defer that one up to you guys if you dont want it here

I love the bit at the 20 minute mark:

"Nobody knows anything." Absolutely true. It cracks me the hell up; a buddy of mine and I get into it ALL the time about NFL issues - projections, predictions, etc. And sometimes we're right, but sometimes we're VERY wrong.

And so is everyone. That's why I love all of the "I guarantee" and "I told you so" people on this board and others. It's really a best guess thing, and you use the information you have as best you can to make the most educated guess you can.

Every year you've got five teams you think are awful and two of them turn out to be pretty good. And you've got five teams you think are good and two of them turn out to be awful.

Just like every year players step up and you're thinking, wow I didn't know that guy was good. Or players you thought were good fall waaaay off the map.

And yet people are gonna look at 32 teams with 53 player rosters, basically 1700 players, and pretend they know what all of them are, and how they're all going to do this year, based on the roster. They look at a roster and say, "That's the worst roster in the league". You sure about that?

If Miami intends to be bad and they intend to leave holes in the roster on purpose then they're probably going to be bad. It's not that difficult to be bad. But will they be 2-14 bad while trying to win every game? Maybe but you've got a 1 in 10 chance of that, at best.

Every year you've got five teams you think are awful and two of them turn out to be pretty good. And you've got five teams you think are good and two of them turn out to be awful.

Just like every year players step up and you're thinking, wow I didn't know that guy was good. Or players you thought were good fall waaaay off the map.

And yet people are gonna look at 32 teams with 53 player rosters, basically 1700 players, and pretend they know what all of them are, and how they're all going to do this year, based on the roster. They look at a roster and say, "That's the worst roster in the league". You sure about that?

If Miami intends to be bad and they intend to leave holes in the roster on purpose then they're probably going to be bad. It's not that difficult to be bad. But will they be 2-14 bad while trying to win every game? Maybe but you've got a 1 in 10 chance of that, at best.

Here's the thing:

If you want to be THAT bad, you don't just need bad players. You also need bad coaching and dysfunction. And the last two fly in the face of everything I've seen this offseason.

An untalented team that is well-coached and cohesive is probably beating the Giants this year. And the Redskins. And winning a game in the AFC East. And one more game just on random **** happening and Jason Sanders kicking a 65 yard field goal. And that might cause problems with getting the #1 overall pick.

Here's the thing:

If you want to be THAT bad, you don't just need bad players. You also need bad coaching and dysfunction. And the last two fly in the face of everything I've seen this offseason.

An untalented team that is well-coached and cohesive is probably beating the Giants this year. And the Redskins. And winning a game in the AFC East. And one more game just on random **** happening and Jason Sanders kicking a 65 yard field goal. And that might cause problems with getting the #1 overall pick.

I know I'm going to regret this, but I agree there are variables that argue against "tank" as an absolute. Signing RF, keeping Parker, trying to keep James, among others. There are cheaper ways to tank. But that's not my point. No one knows how a 'real' HC/OC/DC will help the team nor does anyone know if Flores et al are those guys. No one knows what Miami's opponents will do in '19. No one know the rookies or how they'll play.

I can't get Miami's last three games of '18 out of my mind. Unemotional, unmotivated, unprepared, no game plan, no apparent adjustments. Flores and company MAY be able to correct all those.

But, back to topic. I'm surprised 10 QBs made that list. Sometimes I think its 'well, we have 30 minutes until Oliver shows up. See if anybody's in the hall.' Given that, I like the 1st 4-5 names at every position listed and appreciate the podcast. I pay little attention to college ball, so insights are welcome.

I know I'm going to regret this, but I agree there are variables that argue against "tank" as an absolute. Signing RF, keeping Parker, trying to keep James, among others. There are cheaper ways to tank. But that's not my point. No one knows how a 'real' HC/OC/DC will help the team nor does anyone know if Flores et al are those guys. No one knows what Miami's opponents will do in '19. No one know the rookies or how they'll play.

I can't get Miami's last three games of '18 out of my mind. Unemotional, unmotivated, unprepared, no game plan, no apparent adjustments. Flores and company MAY be able to correct all those.

But, back to topic. I'm surprised 10 QBs made that list. Sometimes I think its 'well, we have 30 minutes until Oliver shows up. See if anybody's in the hall.' Given that, I like the 1st 4-5 names at every position listed and appreciate the podcast. I pay little attention to college ball, so insights are welcome.

Oh, of course. That goes right back to the part where nobody knows anything. I have no idea if Flores is going to be a good coach. But I specifically like where he's not going to have to be the "smartest guy in the room" - he's going to be surrounded by guys who have been there/done that.

Back
Top Bottom