3ypc-(news-draft Special #1) Episode 2.67 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(news-draft Special #1) Episode 2.67

all I know is our R1 R2 could look something like

Ed Oliver followed by Chase Winovich

I could dig that!

2 aggressive up the field disrupters

with LT4's under the hood!

Oh yea baby!

>>> good stuff BTW. Lots of info and fairly low fat.

Probably the most tank-friendly thing Miami could do would be to trade down for picks in 2020, take Jeffery Simmons (who won't play in 2019), trade the 2nd rounder for a 1st rounder in 2020, and then take Easton Stick or some other QB in the 3rd round.

Here's the thing:

If you want to be THAT bad, you don't just need bad players. You also need bad coaching and dysfunction. And the last two fly in the face of everything I've seen this offseason.

An untalented team that is well-coached and cohesive is probably beating the Giants this year. And the Redskins. And winning a game in the AFC East. And one more game just on random **** happening and Jason Sanders kicking a 65 yard field goal. And that might cause problems with getting the #1 overall pick.

You can also lose by building and coaching a team the right way. Bill Walsh did it in 1979 going 2-14 by starting very basic; focused on youth, execution and culture. He believed in getting great at all the little details of the organization so that the foundation was strong. His goal was to win, but win each play by becoming masters at executing the basic plays before mastering more advanced plays. His first year was VERY basic and easy to defend. From the outside it appeared Walsh was just another failed coach, but toward the 2nd half of 1980 the entire organization really saw something special developing. He taught his players to win one play, one quarter at a time. If they executed the play properly then they’d advance the ball. Do it consistently and they’d score. Win each quarter and the score would take care of itself. That’s just one example of how he did things, but he cared about all the little details and all the people in his organization, down to the receptionist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom