3YPC-(Players Talk-Fromm) Episode 2.96 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3YPC-(Players Talk-Fromm) Episode 2.96

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
In this Episode, the guys talk about the reactions some players had to questions from Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) had about "tanking". They dissect the comments mostly made by Daniel Kilgore and Jerome Baker. To close the show, they review the games played by Georgia QB Jake Fromm and Utah State QB Jordan Love this past weekend.

iTunes:

Web:

I am sorry to say I agree with CK dead on with his bleak outlook on the fins moving forward having the ability to dig themselves out of the ditch they have dug themselves the next couple of years.

I have been beating the drum since day one if Grier and Flores are not the guys we need and are allowed to stick around for a couple more years just because we are tanking make this a almost wasted effort. One great QB does not make a team.

I am sorry to say I agree with CK dead on with his bleak outlook on the fins moving forward having the ability to dig themselves out of the ditch they have dug themselves the next couple of years.

I have been beating the drum since day one if Grier and Flores are not the guys we need and are allowed to stick around for a couple more years just because we are tanking make this a almost wasted effort. One great QB does not make a team.

I do worry about the front office getting Patriot cute in the draft and trading down to often. I’m not that wild on the free agent class so I didn’t really have high hopes for that anyway. That being said, I would not trade places with any of the other cellar dwellers and it’s not close.

I do worry about the front office getting Patriot cute in the draft and trading down to often. I’m not that wild on the free agent class so I didn’t really have high hopes for that anyway. That being said, I would not trade places with any of the other cellar dwellers and it’s not close.

I am more worried about the Captain and his staff than about the crew. Granted it is early but many of the points CK mentioned I am concerned with. Sure u have to give em time but time is even more precious in this situation as they can screw more things up so much it may take many years to fix.

The caveat is if they get the right QB (e.g. Tua Tagovailoa, Jake Fromm, perhaps Jordan Love) then they're a long way to digging themselves out because it buys the team a lot of street cred.

The main point I wanted to bring up is there's a contradiction between their supposed INTENT to buy up all this help in free agency, versus the FRUGALITY they have adopted, given the CONSTRAINT of the team's reputation.

In other words, players are only going to want to hear Miami out if Miami are the highest bidder. But Miami inherently dislikes being the highest bidder. That's a recipe for saying in September 2019 that you intend to be very active in 2020 free agency, but then by the time you get to April 2020, you don't have much to show for it, and you're holding up your hands and saying well I wasn't going to do anything bad for the franchise's future just to say we did it.

Back
Top Bottom