3ypc-(week 10-packers Preview) Episode 1.42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(week 10-packers Preview) Episode 1.42

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Boy that was depressing!

Did you guys touch on the Jones/Burke controversy? I don’t think I missed it and would appreciate your thoughts on that.

Is there a way to clean up Simon’s connection? He is very difficult to understand to begin with and it seemed like he was breaking up a lot.

search
OblongLeftCatbird-max-1mb.gif

Sorry about Simon's connection and yes I agree it sounds poor. It happens when he's on cell phone.

Simon and Alf talked about the Burke/Reshad thing last episode. Alf reported that he hears that they tried to have Reshad come on the field to replace T.J. McDonald in Nickel, while Minkah was set to continue making the calls, and Reshad refused to come in.

Personally?

I believe what happened is that (somehow) Reshad Jones did not come out of the practice week aware that he was going to be taken off the field during the game for some snaps, and/or have his play calling duties taken away from him and given to Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Then during the game, Burke orders Reshad Jones off the field, and Minkah Fitzpatrick to take up play calling duties, and Reshad Jones believes he's been BENCHED, because otherwise he's a 100% snaps player and always has the play calling duties.

McDonald then tries to sub off the field and have Reshad come back on the field in his place in a Nickel package, and Reshad doesn't go, because he's under the impression he's been benched. So T.J. stays on the field.

Somehow, that is interpreted to mean Reshad has just taken himself out of the game, and Burke/Staff then operate as if Jones has quit.

This would explain why, for the remainder of the game, Reshad was on the sidelines coaching his fellow players and continuing to play the role of a leader. That's not something you'd expect from a guy throwing a childish temper tantrum and refusing to play. It would also explain why Adam Gase attributes it all to poor communication between the coaching staff and Reshad Jones, and he mentioned that includes both during the practice week as well as during the game.

I think underlying all this is a complete deterioration of the relationship between Matt Burke and Reshad Jones. You saw after the game that SOMEONE in the Dolphins, under the guise of being a "team source," started feeding media information that Reshad Jones has been freelancing and that he's been late to meetings, etc. We at 3YPC have witnessed Matt Burke holding gaggles where he gives exactly that sort of "off the record" information to media members.

Sorry about Simon's connection and yes I agree it sounds poor. It happens when he's on cell phone.

Simon and Alf talked about the Burke/Reshad thing last episode. Alf reported that he hears that they tried to have Reshad come on the field to replace T.J. McDonald in Nickel, while Minkah was set to continue making the calls, and Reshad refused to come in.

Personally?

I believe what happened is that (somehow) Reshad Jones did not come out of the practice week aware that he was going to be taken off the field during the game for some snaps, and/or have his play calling duties taken away from him and given to Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Then during the game, Burke orders Reshad Jones off the field, and Minkah Fitzpatrick to take up play calling duties, and Reshad Jones believes he's been BENCHED, because otherwise he's a 100% snaps player and always has the play calling duties.

McDonald then tries to sub off the field and have Reshad come back on the field in his place in a Nickel package, and Reshad doesn't go, because he's under the impression he's been benched. So T.J. stays on the field.

Somehow, that is interpreted to mean Reshad has just taken himself out of the game, and Burke/Staff then operate as if Jones has quit.

This would explain why, for the remainder of the game, Reshad was on the sidelines coaching his fellow players and continuing to play the role of a leader. That's not something you'd expect from a guy throwing a childish temper tantrum and refusing to play. It would also explain why Adam Gase attributes it all to poor communication between the coaching staff and Reshad Jones, and he mentioned that includes both during the practice week as well as during the game.

I think underlying all this is a complete deterioration of the relationship between Matt Burke and Reshad Jones. You saw after the game that SOMEONE in the Dolphins, under the guise of being a "team source," started feeding media information that Reshad Jones has been freelancing and that he's been late to meetings, etc. We at 3YPC have witnessed Matt Burke holding gaggles where he gives exactly that sort of "off the record" information to media members.

Thanks and wow, now I’m more depressed

Matt Burke is dysfunctional.

Adam Gase needs to figure out how to put together a good offensive showing on the road, and how to script plays at the start of the game that actually work.

Matt Burke is dysfunctional.

Adam Gase needs to figure out how to put together a good offensive showing on the road, and how to script plays at the start of the game that actually work.
So what are your feelings on Gase and how he’s handled this situation? I mean is it coke snorting bad or just plain bad....

And that type of thing never happens, as long as Adam Gase is mature enough not only to understand the need for brief checks and communication on the sideline, but more importantly the immense value of respecting the media and providing them basic information to round out their stories on deadline quickly after the game.

Instead, Adam Gase has somehow joined the stuffy moronic incomparably ignorant crew who brainstorm that avoiding or short shifting the media is to their benefit and also the benefit of the team/organization. It is remarkable stupidity. I could keep going with more condemning words and never reach the level warranted.

As I posted here Sunday night, as soon as Gase gives the non-answer he does not round out those stories or columns on deadline, and forces the reporter/columnist to search for answers elsewhere. I said that the supplemental version could be off the record and not always accurate. That's the way it works and will always work.

Frankly it is hilarious that so many people are dunce regarding situational influence, and somehow applaud Gase when he gives that dismissive look to the reporter while dodging or downplaying the question.

Opinion of the mainstream media is the greatest current litmus test I am aware of

Back
Top Bottom