3ypc-(week 7-lions Preview) Episode 1.36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(week 7-lions Preview) Episode 1.36

Wow, what a bold prediction regarding Tannehill. I respect that CK. The loss of arm strength/velocity scares me more than anything. If Tannehill returns, I just wonder what we are getting. Is he at 100%? Is the knee ok? So much to take in at this point in the season and his career.

Hopefully it all works out but, I wouldn't be mad at an aggressive plan to go after Derek Carr.

Halfway through this one, interesting debate, like this one way better than the previous two I've listened to.

Seems like the front office was right for passing on Rosen & drafting Minkah.

I wouldn't mind drafting a QB high next year but I hope they dont trade for a ageing QB I wonder if a team like the Jags or Giants would be interested in Tannehill.

At this stage, it may be best for all parties involved that Tannehill and the Dolphins move in different directions in the offseason.
I disagree. I don't see how this would be in Tannehill's best interest.

What team out there would give Tannehill a significant starting QB caliber contract, coddle him by handing the starting job, not creating open competition for the position by aggressively pursuing other options?

Only team I can see desperate enough might be the Giants who look to be in prime position to take the QB of their choosing in the draft. I can't imagine OBJ would be on board with that considering his close relationship with Landry.

It's only one party it would be best for which is Miami.

Seems like the front office was right for passing on Rosen & drafting Minkah.

I wouldn't mind drafting a QB high next year but I hope they dont trade for a ageing QB I wonder if a team like the Jags or Giants would be interested in Tannehill.

Obviously, you have to try and draft the best QB talent that you possibly can find. But like Rosen, so far, and others from his class will prove in time, it's such a crap shoot. So what you drafted a QB high?

It doesn't mean you've struck gold and have found that long-term solution.

I guess the question becomes then how challenging is it to find a QB prospect that is better than Tannehill/Brock/Fales?

As good or better arm talent than Tannehill - Can make all the throws with ease.
As good or better pocket presence, decision making as Brock, so far.

I think the answer is it's harder than most people think.

I disagree. I don't see how this would be in Tannehill's best interest.

What team out there would give Tannehill a significant starting QB caliber contract, coddle him by handing the starting job, not creating open competition for the position by aggressively pursuing other options?

Only team I can see desperate enough might be the Giants who look to be in prime position to take the QB of their choosing in the draft. I can't imagine OBJ would be on board with that considering his close relationship with Landry.

It's only one party it would be best for which is Miami.

Agreed! Perhaps looking at all things considering it may not be in Tannehill's best interest.

But, it certainly would be in the teams best interest to try and upgrade the position.

At this stage, it becomes the what is easier to do?

Upgrade the QB position or upgrade everything else to help this current QB succeed.

Ohh I do not want Derrick Carr.

I can't stand Tannehill, never have, but when you look at the Chiefs and Mahomes, I think selecting a QB high and letting him watch for a full season is the best chance at getting/developing a franchise QB.

Tannehill or Osweiler, I dont care who stays but one of them should be the tackling dummy next season while the rookie learns the NFL speed and lifestyle.

But I've seen alot of Derek Carr and he is no prize hog.

I can't stand Tannehill, never have, but when you look at the Chiefs and Mahomes, I think selecting a QB high and letting him watch for a full season is the best chance at getting/developing a franchise QB.

Tannehill or Osweiler, I dont care who stays but one of them should be the tackling dummy next season while the rookie learns the NFL speed and lifestyle.

I was surprised to hear them talking about Carr so positively. He's not a bad QB. But he's,imo, not the type of QB up give up multiple draft picks for. IMO, at best, he's only marginally better than what we currently have.

I hear you man, but I've not seen enough of Carr to say he's worthy or not of giving up a 1st to get him. Obviously got a close up look at him when we played them early in the season, and for sure Tannehill outplayed him in that game, so is he really an upgrade ?

Back
Top Bottom