4 Rookies to be test positive at Combine. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4 Rookies to be test positive at Combine.

Guys, I know it is wrong but this is Marijuana. I think there's a lot of players who do use Marijuana in the NFL currently. We all know there are dilution and shadow medicines and the fact that 2 of the 4 players were from the school just tells me that Wisconsin were using a poor shadow.

I know it is wrong and it disappoints me but I think the real worry would be if these guys were using substantial performance enhancing steroids.

HysterikiLL said:
Guys, I know it is wrong but this is Marijuana. I think there's a lot of players who do use Marijuana in the NFL currently. We all know there are dilution and shadow medicines and the fact that 2 of the 4 players were from the school just tells me that Wisconsin were using a poor shadow.

I know it is wrong and it disappoints me but I think the real worry would be if these guys were using substantial performance enhancing steroids.

Agreed. These guys are young, rich, and love to live it up, so what do you expect them to do in their free time? The only problem with marijuana is that it's illegal. I'd like to see the NFL test for cigarettes and alcohol too :shakeno:

Dolfan2788 said:
It's only really been Ricky and they were totally different circumstances. He was mentally unstable and Wanny couldn't see that. All he could see is a ride to the playoffs as long as he ran the ball 30 times a game. He was very shy, had mental instability and like holistic medicine or whatever. As Nublar said we picked up Poole in the 4th after he was projected to go late 1st round, I would like to pick him or Marion Barber III with our 3rd round pick.

Why did his mentalily unstable, shy, overused, holistic meds taking, worn out a$$ test positive for WEED? Not once, not twice, but three different times?? Because he SMOKED it, and got caught.

I could have cared less, if the NFL did not suspend players for using it, but rules is rules. The Dolphins gave up a lot for him, and puff puff pass, can't pass what he said was supposedly an easyily passed test........

HysterikiLL said:

Its not about right or wrong.
Its about a players increased risk of problems, including various suspensions, that are associated with a player that violates the banned substances policy.
If you know a player is using in college (especially before the combine when he knows he will be tested), it is logical to assume that its more likely he will use in the NFL.
If a player is at a greater risk of not being able to perform...whether because of a history of injuries or a history of drug use and the associated suspensions, then his value on draft day will drop.

its hard to mask when your an athelet sometimes. the thc is fat-soluable. which means it get soaked into and stored in your fat for up to 8 weeks. atheletes have trouble cause it gets re-released when they work out or do exercise.. still not a reason for them to do it or get caught... if i was going to get paid millions i'de just lay off for a while

DolphinsD1 said:
ahh 4 more rick williams joinin the nfl what a suprise damn dope heads.....:tongue:

Its statements like this that make me wonder what the future will bring. Just eating up DARE junk. Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. However, they are getting (or potentially) paid millions... they should be able to control themsevles.

HysterikiLL said:

I think it has more to do with disciplince than drugs, per say. These guys have been working for years for this singular attempt to make it into the league. At every stop along the way theyve been warned about doing weed and the professional/financial reprecussions for getting caught. These players clearly understand both the severity with which the NFL looks at marijuana, as well as the unimaginable personal damage they are doing to their careers by smoking.

Knowing all this, any guy that bucks the system and smokes a few weeks before the biggest day of his life SHOULD warrant a red flag. Either they just dont "get it", or they dont care. And those arent necesarrily the kind of guys teams want to invest million of dollars in, especially since there are dozens of other equally talented guys who are willing to give their left testacle to earn a place on an NFL roster.

NFL players require discipline - to learn the playbook, to execute the plays, to stay focused over a long season and an even longer offseason. Any player that cant follow the rules BEFORE theyve signed their first contract may be more likely to have additional discipline problems in the NFL. THATS why its a big deal. Not because its weed. Because its a rule.

Maybe Im older now (30), so the attraction of smoking weed with friends doesnt appeal to me. But for guys on the brink of an NFL career that will make then financially wealthy for the rest of their lives, why o why would you smoke before the draft??

If Will Poole wouldn't have made a big mistake and gotten a DWI prior to the draft he wouldn't have been around in the 4th round (He was projected to go in the 1st by some) and would not be on our team.
These guys are young, just getting out of college or only juniors about 22 years old.

If Anttaj is available there in the 4th round I wouldn't be upset if Saban drafted him.

I'd take Antajj... Saban can whip his *** into gear and we'll have a stud DT.

If it don't work out, it's only a 4th rnd pick.

Just shows that these guys are slow learners and we should stay away from them. Everyone knows that you use masking agents.

Masking agents my ***. The last person to talk about those was Ricky Williams, and he got caught 3 times.

if your so stupid as to smoke some weed right befor the combine, where you KNOW there will ba a drug test.... you dont deserve to be drafted.

ch19079 said:
if your so stupid as to smoke some weed right befor the combine, where you KNOW there will ba a drug test.... you dont deserve to be drafted.
this is very true... that did cross my mind. You go to the combine, trying to get yourself noticed, and you fail a drugs test. That is pretty weak.

hdjetta6316 said:
its hard to mask when your an athelet sometimes. the thc is fat-soluable. which means it get soaked into and stored in your fat for up to 8 weeks. atheletes have trouble cause it gets re-released when they work out or do exercise.. still not a reason for them to do it or get caught... if i was going to get paid millions i'de just lay off for a while

but since you aren't.....?

:evil:

ch19079 said:
Exactly, you know what day the combine is you know your getting tested, complete stupidity on the players part :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom