49 year old Moyer wins game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49 year old Moyer wins game

Ferretsquig

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/23104/jamie-moyer-we-salute-your-awesomeness

Moyer pitched seven brilliant innings on Tuesday night at Coors Field -- well, as brilliant as a Moyer outing can be -- allowing only two unearned runs as the Colorado Rockies won 5-3. It was career win No. 268 for Moyer, tying him with Jim Palmer and more victories than Bob Feller or Carl Hubbell or Bob Gibson or Juan Marichal. And at 49 years and 150 days, he surpassed Quinn in the record books.

Things got dicey when Troy Tulowitzki booted a routine double-play ball in the seventh inning, leading to the two unearned runs and making the score 3-2. After the Rockies scored two more runs, things got dicey again in the ninth when Rafael Betancourt allowed a run and had the go-ahead run at the plate. But he fanned Yonder Alonso on a 3-2 changeup. The cameras panned to Karen Moyer, Jamie's wife, hugging two of the couple's eight kids and raising her first in excitement.

Jamie? Nowhere to be found. Hopefully he was hiding out in the clubhouse having a little sip of champagne.

Not a big baseball follower but I thought it was pretty cool watching a guy fool people with 74 mph fastballs in an era where everyone is ruining their elbows seeing how hard they can throw the ball.

Jamie Moyer DEFINES class act. I hope he pitches as long as he wishes, and I really believe he can.

Definition of a crafty lefthander. He is throwing BP fastballs and getting hitters out! Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom