49ers also improved almost as much as the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers also improved almost as much as the Dolphins

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
I think the 49ers have a very good chance to challenge next year in the NFC West. They'll be very good in a couple of years IMO...

QB- Alex Smith, Rattay, Dorsey
RB- Barlow, Gore, Hicks
FB- Beasley
LT- Jennings, Gragg
LG- Smiley, Heitmann
C- Newberry, Baas
RG- Baas, Kosier
RT- Harris, Gragg
TE- Johnson, Walker
WR- Lloyd, Battle, Maxwell
WR- Woods, Hamilton, Marshall

DE- Douglass,
NT- Sopogoa, Fields
DE- Young, Adams
OLB- Carter, Engelberger
MLB- Ulbrich, Seigler
MLB- Smith, Moore
OLB- Peterson, Winborn
CB- Plummer, Johnson, Reed
CB- Spencer, Hanson
FS- Rumph
SS- Parrish, Lewis

K- Joe Nedney
P- Andy Lee

In a weak division I could see that roster making some noise. Their RB situation is decent, Alex Smith is a rookie yes but he can make some plays, their only glaring need is a lack of a playmaker at WR, their OL will be solid this year if not good (they need to stay healthy), they have the best FB in the league, and their TE situation is good. On D the 49ers have two young NTs which is something the Dolphins need to pick up, Douglass is a solid-good 3-4 DE, while Young has been a productive DT and we'll have to wait and see if he makes a good 3-4 DE. Adams career will probably take a fall as he doesn't have the weight to anchor at NT nor is he fast enough to play well at DE. Carter if he stays healthy can be a great OLB, Peterson will be fine on the weakside at OLB, and the two ILBs are good 3-4 ILBs. The backups are also decent. The CBs are a question outside of Plummer. Rumph will be fine at FS and Parrish should rebound this year at SS.

While some expect the 49ers to repeat at the #1 overall pick I can see this team challenging for a wildcard birth or if all goes well a division title...

I hate them too, but I always like to see how different teams are rebuilding.

I still don't see them going nowhere. They dont have any good wide outs. And with a rookie Qb no such luck. Better luck next year:roflmao: Go Dolphins!

Jaj said:
I think the 49ers have a very good chance to challenge next year in the NFC West. They'll be very good in a couple of years IMO...

QB- Alex Smith, Rattay, Dorsey
RB- Barlow, Gore, Hicks
FB- Beasley
LT- Jennings, Gragg
LG- Smiley, Heitmann
C- Newberry, Baas
RG- Baas, Kosier
RT- Harris, Gragg
TE- Johnson, Walker
WR- Lloyd, Battle, Maxwell
WR- Woods, Hamilton, Marshall

DE- Douglass,
NT- Sopogoa, Fields
DE- Young, Adams
OLB- Carter, Engelberger
MLB- Ulbrich, Seigler
MLB- Smith, Moore
OLB- Peterson, Winborn
CB- Plummer, Johnson, Reed
CB- Spencer, Hanson
FS- Rumph
SS- Parrish, Lewis

K- Joe Nedney
P- Andy Lee

In a weak division I could see that roster making some noise. Their RB situation is decent, Alex Smith is a rookie yes but he can make some plays, their only glaring need is a lack of a playmaker at WR, their OL will be solid this year if not good (they need to stay healthy), they have the best FB in the league, and their TE situation is good. On D the 49ers have two young NTs which is something the Dolphins need to pick up, Douglass is a solid-good 3-4 DE, while Young has been a productive DT and we'll have to wait and see if he makes a good 3-4 DE. Adams career will probably take a fall as he doesn't have the weight to anchor at NT nor is he fast enough to play well at DE. Carter if he stays healthy can be a great OLB, Peterson will be fine on the weakside at OLB, and the two ILBs are good 3-4 ILBs. The backups are also decent. The CBs are a question outside of Plummer. Rumph will be fine at FS and Parrish should rebound this year at SS.

While some expect the 49ers to repeat at the #1 overall pick I can see this team challenging for a wildcard birth or if all goes well a division title...
Wow. I'm just realizing it now, they really did improve... Suddenly I'm beginning to think they're not going to be the worst team again like I had originally thought. Their offensive line for one has improved pretty good in my opinion. They still have a lot of needs the biggest I would say would be WR's and CB's... scratch that. WR's and a SECONDARY.

If they don't get good play from Smith they will be bad because they don't have great skill players at the other positions (RB,WR).. I like the D and the offense is really young too.. If you are a 49ers fan you have to be happy with the way your team has gone.. I really liked there draft this year.. GreenMonster

Back
Top Bottom