49ers can not sign Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers can not sign Smith

PhinSoldia said:
i Disagree....Drew is the worst agent in Pro Sports

Not True. I think Scott Boras who handles baseball players is quite possibly the scum of the earth. David Falk in the NBA is a bigshot as well.

Rich22 said:
Drew is a dick because he does his job well and that means he screws the team.

Wrong.

If you go around screwing the teams over, you're not going to make it long in the agent business. If you don't believe me, get the appropriate designation to become an agent able to represent NFL players and give it a try. You might screw a team or two a time or two, but your rep with the teams is what you're selling to the guys you rep.

Rich22 said:
Drew is a dick because he does his job well and that means he screws the team. What do you mean his players don't sit out. That is one of his biggest leverages. He already has guys sitting out of off season workouts. How do you think he stole TO away from his agent. By promising a new deal! If he had any morals or class he would have told him - hey you signed a deal now you live up to it. Philly gave TO 10 mil and now Drew is in there wanting a new deal after 1 year - are you kidding me? Guy is slimy!! I think we finally have a coach in Saban who will tell him to go $@## himself.

Remind me who Drew had sit out of required attendance (training camp, regular season, etc). I honestly can't remember any.

Getting a salary for a player is no more screwing the team then you screwing your boss by drawing a paycheck. No player or team are forced to live together and it's up to the player's agent and the team to negotiate a contract they both can live with.

The bottom line to me is if the 9ers can not sign Smith befroe the draft then they move elsewhere. No way do they take a chance on a long hold out with the # 1 pick. The 9ers are looking for a new house to play in and they need to worry about season ticket holders this year. They need a guy who is from the area and can be signed now.

REAL DEAL said:
The bottom line to me is if the 9ers can not sign Smith befroe the draft then they move elsewhere. No way do they take a chance on a long hold out with the # 1 pick. The 9ers are looking for a new house to play in and they need to worry about season ticket holders this year. They need a guy who is from the area and can be signed now.

Couldn't disagree more.....it would be NICE to have a contract in place beforehand, but it won't be the deciding factor. months of contract dispute will mean absolutely nothing compared to seleccting the best player.

Of course that's just the intelligent approach....who knows what the niners will do. :lol:

Respect your opinion burger13 but have to disagree. I don,t believe that the 9ers would take Smith before is is signed. Like I said this move would blow up in their face! Could you imagine the 9ers in late summer camp with Smith still a hold out and this mess in the paper every day. Their new coach would not want that around his neck in his first year.

So basically Drew is a d*ck because he's good at his job??

MARINO1384 said:
So basically Drew is a d*ck because he's good at his job??

That's what some would tell you. Apparently, many here are so shortsighted that they'd prefer dealing with the Postons or perhaps some of the downright criminal agents just so they didn't have to look at DR.

REAL DEAL said:
Respect your opinion burger13 but have to disagree. I don,t believe that the 9ers would take Smith before is is signed. Like I said this move would blow up in their face! Could you imagine the 9ers in late summer camp with Smith still a hold out and this mess in the paper every day. Their new coach would not want that around his neck in his first year.

but that situation would be a walk in the park compared to taking the lesser player (at least on their board) and having him bust. Basically, the cat is out of the bag on who they want with Rodgers and Edwards already reportedly agreeing on the contract terms, yet they continue to work on Smith.

What sort of public relations nightmare are they looking at if they select a player based on affordability rather than talent??

Condon's hardball negotiating is a polite way of telling the 49ers to buzz off.

Smith went to meet with the 49ers, and at the conclusion of his visit, he and his people concluded that the organization was a mess (which it is) and that he is better off being drafted later in the top five because he'll wind up in a better long-term situation (like Miami or Tampa Bay).

Burger13 , we do not know at this time how the 9ers rate these two QBs. Say they have them even , then the tie breaker is the contract ( which one they can sign in other words). I do not think that the 9ers have these two guys rated that far a part.

Condon is not really being a dick by asking for more than Manning got. Every year the price for the top pick goes up. Thats the way it works. Regardless of whether Manning is better than Smith or not Smith should get a bigger contract.

forget the qb spot. give feeley a chance this year and then reevaluate the qb situation next year which has a much better QB class than this one.

get a RB or WR this year.

sports24/7 said:
Condon is not really being a dick by asking for more than Manning got. Every year the price for the top pick goes up. Thats the way it works. Regardless of whether Manning is better than Smith or not Smith should get a bigger contract.

I agree. However, Condon's a dick for plenty of other reasons.

BTW, the worst agent in pro sports is P Diddy. He's still a certified agent, right? Total amateur. He's taking Tank Black's title, seeing as how Tank was decertified and sent to prison from embezzling from his clients.

Celtkin said:
Smith is playing hard because he is represented by the biggest dick for an agent. I think that SF will sign the least expensive of the two QBs and that is probably going to be Rodgers.
So how do you really feel

Back
Top Bottom