49ers can not sign Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers can not sign Smith

REAL DEAL

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Sal Paolantonio just reported that the news out of the 9ers camp is that they will not get Smith signed . He also reported that the 9ers say the can get a deal done with Rogers or Edwards . This if true would futher clear up the draft for us. Maybe Smith is playing hard ball because he wants the Phins. ;)

probaqbly more that he doesnt want to be a 9r :)

REAL DEAL said:
Sal Paolantonio just reported that the news out of the 9ers camp is that they will not get Smith signed . He also reported that the 9ers say the can get a deal done with Rogers or Edwards . This if true would futher clear up the draft for us. Maybe Smith is playing hard ball because he wants the Phins. ;)

Smith is playing hard because he is represented by the biggest dick for an agent. I think that SF will sign the least expensive of the two QBs and that is probably going to be Rodgers.

the idiot 9rs will cave and take a bad deal to trade out of #1 its going to be interesting for miami to say the least.

Alex Smith said thats he wants more than Eli Manning. Imo I would rather have Eli Manning then Alex Smith.

i said that at the beginning of the week, good luck frisco if you have to deal with tom condon, he is an idiot, i hope the 49ers don´t go for edwards now

I dont know if its true but there have been some printed reports that Condon is steering his client towards Miami because he perceives Miami to be to Smith's (and his)
long term advantage.

I hate to split hairs here but Sal didn't say they will not, he said Alex's agent told him that he thought it was not likely that they could agree to terms on a contract for Alex Smith before the draft on Saturday. In no way does that mean the 9'Ers will not draft him and apply pressure on Alex and his agent.

M3590NJ973 said:
Alex Smith said thats he wants more than Eli Manning. Imo I would rather have Eli Manning then Alex Smith.

i wouldn't...........this is my opinion but i don't think that eli is going to be as great as everybody thinks he is. Its almost like everyone thinks he is going to be great just because of his name and his college numbers. We all know that there is alot more that makes a qb than just numbers and a name.

We will have to wait and see though.

CrunchTime said:
I dont know if its true but there have been some printed reports that Condon is steering his client towards Miami because he perceives Miami to be to Smith's (and his)
long term advantage.

I can believe that, Crunch.

Let's just hope that he doesn't advise his client to do the same thing Rivers pulled last year.

I think that Smith is only stating that he wants a big contract is because IMO, he hate the 49ers and he doesnt fell like he can do well there. I do believe that if Smith isnt taken #1, Saban will pick him up.

PhinDude88 said:
I think that Smith is only stating that he wants a big contract is because IMO, he hate the 49ers and he doesnt fell like he can do well there. I do believe that if Smith isnt taken #1, Saban will pick him up.

I agree 100% that if Smith is there when we pick, he's going to be a Fin this year.

Back
Top Bottom