49'ers/Chargers talking trade!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49'ers/Chargers talking trade!!!!

I've been hearing that for the last couple of days, does anyone think there's any truth to it????....

If so, the Chargers would most certainly take WR B. Edwards IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

That would give the Chargers 3 first round picks!! Can they even afford to sign all those high priced rookies??

NJPHIN34 said:
That would give the Chargers 3 first round picks!! Can they even afford to sign all those high priced rookies??

Yeah, prob. Even with Brees' big franchise cap hit, they have absolute scads of cap money to spend on their rooks, and they'd trim a few mil by trading Rivers if they could restructure his deal (which im assuming will happen if they trade him, otherwise the cap hit would be out-freakin-rageous lol)

Thats actually not a bad deal for either side IMO. Rivers is the talented young QB that Frisco desperately needs (and frees their 1st rounder up for another position) so he has plenty of value to them, and the 12th pick would allow them to take Barron (They have Kwame Harris, I know, but he sucks) or a playmaker for their D like Merriman, Johnson or Erasmus James. SD gets rid of their QB controversy and is then able to pick up a big-time playmaker to throw out there with McCardell, Caldwell, and whoever else they have (Eric Parker and Tim Dwight i think). I'd do this if I were either team...sounds solid all around.

I made a thread about this like two days ago. It's Rivers and a second going to San Fran for the #1 overall pick. If this dosen't happen with Niners it could happen for us. Hypethically speaking, if San Fran picks Rodgers first we could trade them for Rivers and a 2nd. If they want to give us one of there first rounders instead by all means i hope it happens.

Tim Dwight was a UFA and the Pats got him A&M.

I think the Chargers would take Mike Williams over Edwards. And does anyone think it would be fair for Rivers for the #1 straight up? I don't I think the Chargers would have to sweeten the deal.

Mcduffie81 said:
Rivers better get mobile REAL fast if hes goin to SF.

That's what kinda confuses me. I know he has the accuracy for west coast, but I can't see him doing well rolling out and scrambilng for yards ala Garcia/Young. I thought Rodgers would be a perfect fit for SanFran, even though I would hate to see the dolphins take a QB.

NJPHIN34 said:

no... that would give them still 2 1st rounders... its rivers and the 12th for the #1 overall...

Wait Rivers and the #12 makes sense value wise. Rivers straight up does not. Hmm interesting. Pretty much guarantees them Edwards. I just don't understand why they didn't want to do this with us? The difference between the money at the #1 and the #2 is huge.

I'd think they have thier sights set on Mike Williams not Braylon. Mike plays right in thier backyard so they've seen enough of him.

If the niners do this deal, they are idiots.

A&MPhin84 said:
Yeah, prob. Even with Brees' big franchise cap hit, they have absolute scads of cap money to spend on their rooks, and they'd trim a few mil by trading Rivers if they could restructure his deal (which im assuming will happen if they trade him, otherwise the cap hit would be out-freakin-rageous lol)

Thats actually not a bad deal for either side IMO. Rivers is the talented young QB that Frisco desperately needs (and frees their 1st rounder up for another position) so he has plenty of value to them, and the 12th pick would allow them to take Barron (They have Kwame Harris, I know, but he sucks) or a playmaker for their D like Merriman, Johnson or Erasmus James. SD gets rid of their QB controversy and is then able to pick up a big-time playmaker to throw out there with McCardell, Caldwell, and whoever else they have (Eric Parker and Tim Dwight i think). I'd do this if I were either team...sounds solid all around.

I completely agree with what you said. This is a great trade for both sides -- plus they won't meet each other much being in different conferences. Rivers is great for SF, better than Smith or Rodgers considering he has already walked the sidelines and learned a pro offense for a year.

Who knows though.

Back
Top Bottom