49ers Hire Kris Kocurek To Coach Defensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers Hire Kris Kocurek To Coach Defensive Line

I thought he was a good coach. That wide 9 never worked for us and the talent at DE just wasn't there. Having said that I'm ok with him moving on. We're gonna build from the bottom up with lots of new players probably so we'll have a whole new staff too.

I blame the wide nine more than the players.

The scheme didnt help. Not just wide 9 though. No disguise no creativity. You dont need to be an exotic defense but teams knew what the d would do. Then we just started throwing stuff at the wall which caused obvious confusion.

Long story short you should have a bigger play variety than a double a gap blitz

The scheme didnt help. Not just wide 9 though. No disguise no creativity. You dont need to be an exotic defense but teams knew what the d would do. Then we just started throwing stuff at the wall which caused obvious confusion.

Long story short you should have a bigger play variety than a double a gap blitz
What's amazing to me is that we had a simple defense and yet the players seemed confused half the time, specially the back 7
This is where Flores can win me over. Can he make our defense play discipline, sound football?
Even if the talent is not great it still helps if you don't make dumb mistakes.

What's amazing to me is that we had a simple defense and yet the players seemed confused half the time, specially the back 7
This is where Flores can win me over. Can he make our defense play discipline, sound football?

Best way I can describe it is 9nce you start throwing **** at a wall to try and get a stop people forget what they are supposed to do.

For what it’s worth, I chartered a fishing boat in Miami Beach last month (right before the Miami miracle) and my guide said kocurek chartered his boat a couple of weeks before and said he has never coached a more unprofessional professional dL unit in his career.
Said the guys we’re unprepared and some would routinely charter boats the day before games to party with “girls”. Not sure who those guys are but makes sense given the output.
The continued unprofessionalism is a reflection on him personally + Burke and Gase I'd think

I couldn’t peg the exact date to tell you the truth. Just passing along a comment from some guy who didn’t have skin in the game. He was hinting that it was more than just a regular boat trip. Also, not sure how long a walk through is at a home game so can’t speak to the timing on that.

Ross emphasized he wants guys who love football. I’m sure this type of crap got back to him.

Joe Rose alluded to hearing that some vets advised X to shut it down because he’s getting paid.

This roster has a ton of rif raf on it. 2/3 of this roster could get turned over in the next couple of years. We don’t need loser vets infecting our incoming talent with this toxic mentality.

I suspect Flores will be a plus in this regard.

The continued unprofessionalism is a reflection on him personally + Burke and Gase I'd think

It's a reflection on Miami. I don't blame Gase for that. Gase tried.

Gase really tried. Gase wouldn't have jettisoned multiple players who he felt were being unprofessional or not buying in if he wasn't trying.

It's a reflection on Miami. I don't blame Gase for that. Gase tried.

Gase really tried. Gase wouldn't have jettisoned multiple players who he felt were being unprofessional or not buying in if he wasn't trying.

Yes and no. He did try to get players to take practice and game prep more seriously. But he also didnt go all the way in changing things. For example, he told the beat writers that the penalties and missed blocks on offense was more of a reflection on players than coaches

Yes and no. He did try to get players to take practice and game prep more seriously. But he also didnt go all the way in changing things. For example, he told the beat writers that the penalties and missed blocks on offense was more of a reflection on players than coaches

How is that necessarily on the coaches? Many players nowadays have more power than the coach, and many make lots more money. This aint college. The players have to be self-motivated and professional and if they aren't, there are few coaches around the league who have the clout to be able to tell a player they are gone. If a player effs with Belichick, they know they have a good chance of seeing a final paycheck at their locker by the time they get off the practice field. Sure there are coaches who are just undemanding or undisciplined themselves, but I've never heard that of Gase.

I always thought that was the strength of the 2008 team: they may have not been the best players, but they didn’t beat themselves with the regularity that this team did.

Ross emphasized he wants guys who love football. I’m sure this type of crap got back to him.

Joe Rose alluded to hearing that some vets advised X to shut it down because he’s getting paid.

This roster has a ton of rif raf on it. 2/3 of this roster could get turned over in the next couple of years. We don’t need loser vets infecting our incoming talent with this toxic mentality.

I suspect Flores will be a plus in this regard.

Best part about Flores coming here is he has sat in the room with belicheat and has 1st hand scouting reports on our guys here. If Mr Cheat labeled this guy as lazy or undisciplined or anything else negative or weak then they will probably be gone when he arrives.

Back
Top Bottom