49ers may trade #1 pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers may trade #1 pick

dolfan348454999 said:
The vikings would be trading up to take a WR not a qb. That would make our trade down more possible, because the buccs would end up with their pick of either QB.
Would be nice, just I dont see Tampa trading up for Alex Smith, IMO, if really Tampa is going to make this move is for a WR or a RB. I wanna be wrong tho.

If we draft Smith, it will be the biggest draft mistake since Yatil Green, Billy Milner, John Avery and Jamar Fletcher!

PhinDude88 said:
I really hope that the Niners dont trade their #1 pick because it would completey mess up us trading down. Lets hope that the Bucs like Smith a whole lot more then they like Rodgers.
I agree, if the Niners trade with Minny that could destroy our chances with trading with Tampa.

If this happens the 49ers would actually benefit from Saban. The fact that no one has a clue who we are going to take is probably causing teams to worry about their coveted player because any of the top 7 could be taken at #2. This could get a San Fran a trade with Someone who wants their pick of QBs, or is dying for Edwards or Williams. This could either hurt our chances of trading down, or improve them.

If this happens the 49ers would actually benefit from Saban. The fact that no one has a clue who we are going to take is probably causing teams to worry about their coveted player because any of the top 7 could be taken at #2. This could get a San Fran a trade with Someone who wants their pick of QBs, or is dying for Edwards or Williams. This could either hurt our chances of trading down, or improve them.

^^ I agree with this, since no one knows who we are actually taking, if this trade down happens, Tampa or another team still might want to trade up (does Cleveland have any interest in the 2 QBs??)

Drfletcherdc said:
If we draft Smith, it will be the biggest draft mistake since Yatil Green, Billy Milner, John Avery and Jamar Fletcher!

And just where do you get this idea from? EVERY ONE of those picks were a "Huh?" pick of a player that BY CONSENSUS was picked 2 rounds early. NO ONE ever projected Billy Milner or Jamar Fletcher as a 1st-rounder.

NO ONE thinks Smith is anything but a top 10 pick. He has brains and ability and incredible potential to be a great NFL QB.

A draft mistake is someone like McPherson, who only played 1 year. In the reverse world of 1/2 of the posters on here, the less actual playing time at QB, the better the guy is... which according to that goofball theory makes Feeley the best QB of all since he has only put together enough starts for 1 season's worth of play in 5 years.

Fuzzy Math At Work.

AirChambers84 said:

All good points.

But the above outcome is better then everyone knowing exactly what we are going to do and using that to their advantage like they have the past few years.

Worst case scenario: we pick at #2 just like we all had anticipated a few weeks ago.

If the 49ers trade down, I still think we're either going to pick Brown or Smith if we stay at number two, or else we're going to trade down and end up with Brown, Williams, or Benson.

Smith, Brown or Williams will probably be Saban's first pick as an NFL coach. I love all three guys, so I'm probably going to be happy no matter what happens.

I keep checking here to see if San Fran has signed someone early or made a deal....I can't take it much more...the draft better get here soon. :D I have a hard time believing SF would pass on drafting a QB as they need one even more than we do. I still think SF will take one, most likely Smith...then we have to decide on Rogers or Ronnie Brown, or trade down...I would take Ronnie Brown.

I think this rumour is bogus like the Tampa trade talks. Id love to see this because it would give Saban his choice of QB's and i dont think he would pass it up. That being said i think all the parties indicated...Miami, Tampa, and San Fran all stay put.

Roman529 said:
I keep checking here to see if San Fran has signed someone early or made a deal....I can't take it much more...the draft better get here soon. :D .

I know man. All this talk, while exciting, is really tough on the nerves. I seriously can't wait.

On a side note, it would be SO funny if out of nowhere the Fins picked Braylon Edwards, contradicting Saban's smokescreens.

You all are missing the boat. There is no one more coveted in the draft then Carnell Williams. Better the Willis, better then Portis, better then any RB you can name in the NFL or college right now. Just because someone is blowing smoke up your a$$ about Alex or Aaron, dont make it so. Its called misdirection and deceiving. I would rather have Minn move up, because they will take Braylon all the way, then any other team in the NFL.

You want to take something to the bank, quit listening to some smuck "guru" on ESPn, TSN, or whatever media hype machine you listen too. So many accomplished scouts, GM Jr, or whatever you look at, have Carnell as THE BEST player in the draft. I heard Nick talk more about Carnell then any other RB. I had my doubts about nick, but that is pretty much long gone now, he knows, and thats all the really matters to me, wether you want to believe me, GM jr, or some hoopla hype propaganda machine on TV, I dont care. Nick see's it, and thats all that matters.

i don't buy it.

SF is almost guaranteed to go QB. so if minny was going to give up picks, why give up so much for the 1st overall when they could trade with us or cleveland for slightly less picks and still get their guy? PLUS the #1 overall pick will command a seriously higher salary than the #2 or #3 overall pick.

It's funny how all of a sudden we hear the 49ers are leaning towards Alex Smith after the rumors of a Miami and Tampa Bay trade came out. My guess is the 49ers leaked it to have teams start calling them for a trade up.

finfan54 said:
Get it through your head right now, Saban isnt looking to trade down unless he gets rightly compensated for it. That means, the chances are more likely that we will be drafting Alex Smith and sticking to it. If SF trades down for those picks, that means we will be even less likely to trade down cus (take this to the bank) We will be drafting..........

And that is ok. We need a real QB for the not so distant future. No matter what Saban is dealt (picks wise) you can bet he has a plan. He probably has a preference on how the whole trading down (or not) will play out, but he likely has a plan for however things go on draft day. I finally feel like I can rest assured that we have a coach with a plan.

Back
Top Bottom