49ers may trade #1 pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers may trade #1 pick

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolnb17apr17,0,5526111.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front
NFL teams, including the Minnesota Vikings, are discussing trades with the San Francisco 49ers in an attempt to acquire their No. 1 pick, a source has said.

If a trade was finalized, it would have an impact on the Dolphins at No. 2, allowing them their choice of either of the two top quarterbacks -- California's Aaron Rodgers or Utah's Alex Smith.

The source said that the Vikings, looking to replace recently traded Pro Bowl receiver Randy Moss, would offer the 49ers at least their two first-round picks (Nos. 7 and 18) as well as their second-round pick (49) for the 49ers' top pick so they could grab Michigan receiver Braylon Edwards.

The 49ers, believed to be more interested in Rodgers than Smith, have also been looking to fill a void left by the departure of Pro Bowl receiver Terrell Owens after the 2003 season.

The Dolphins have shown far more interest in Smith than Rodgers, bringing him in for a two-day interview earlier this week. Saban has identified running back as an area to bolster rather than quarterback, in which case, Auburn tailback Ronnie Brown would still be their primary target.

Scratch this. I totally missed the thread below this. All I have in my defense is that this is a different source. :goof:

To bad we couldnt of sucked a little bit more in which we would be aquireing 2 first round picks!! Thats the only downfall I can see..lol

I really hope that the Niners dont trade their #1 pick because it would completey mess up us trading down. Lets hope that the Bucs like Smith a whole lot more then they like Rodgers.

Get it through your head right now, Saban isnt looking to trade down unless he gets rightly compensated for it. That means, the chances are more likely that we will be drafting Alex Smith and sticking to it. If SF trades down for those picks, that means we will be even less likely to trade down cus (take this to the bank) We will be drafting..........

FINFAN has as much a clue as the rest of us. I like your BOLD prediction.:roflmao:

i figured minnesota would want to move up to get edwards but why go to number one and give up so much if SF is trying to make a deal with a QB? Doesn't make sense!
We may be forced to draft at the #2 spot.......it will be an interesting week.

Let’s all be honest for a minute and admit that nobody knows a damn thing. We really won’t know what the hell happens until it happens.

PhinDude88 said:
I really hope that the Niners dont trade their #1 pick because it would completey mess up us trading down. Lets hope that the Bucs like Smith a whole lot more then they like Rodgers.

The vikings would be trading up to take a WR not a qb. That would make our trade down more possible, because the buccs would end up with their pick of either QB.

If this trade does happen the vikings would most likely take a WR. That means both QBs would still be availble. So does anybody else think the 49ers would then try to trade back up with us on draft day once the 49ers pick. The 49ers would end up keeping the viking second round pick and they still get the guy they want. In return we get the 7th and 18th pick. If saban really wanted to stick to the value chart maybe he could even get a third round pick in the trade too.

I think it could be great for us due to the fact that we could demand even more from the Bucs in a trade now and they don't have the 49'ers to use for leverage as a trading partner. If they don't want ot pay up then we take Smith and they are stuck wondering if the Browns will take Rodgers.

dolfan348454999 said:
If this trade does happen the vikings would most likely take a WR. That means both QBs would still be availble. So does anybody else think the 49ers would then try to trade back up with us on draft day once the 49ers pick. The 49ers would end up keeping the viking second round pick and they still get the guy they want. In return we get the 7th and 18th pick. If saban really wanted to stick to the value chart maybe he could even get a third round pick in the trade too.

If the 9ers trade down with the Vikings they'll keep the picks cuz they have a lot of holes to fill!

Back
Top Bottom