49ers now going with Smith? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers now going with Smith?

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sal and Mort were just on Sportscenter saying that the 49ers were now going with Alex Smith over aaron Rodgers. Just great.

I bet you they listened to all the commentary this week stating that Smith was a better prospect.

i bet its just smoke to scare rodgers agent to just taking the first overall pick money. rodgers agent will get scared and say fine ok well take what your offering in stead of him holding out and gtting way more money then he deserves.

I'd rather have Rodgers. He has the superior arm and is just as accurate as Smith.

The only advantage Smith has over Rodgers is 2 inches in height.

lilcubanphinfan said:
i bet its just smoke to scare rodgers agent to just taking the first overall pick money. rodgers agent will get scared and say fine ok well take what your offering in stead of him holding out and gtting way more money then he deserves.

You might be more right than you know.

Does anybody know if the Bucs have Rodgers high on there draft board like they do Smith?

nope i dont think so... the reason they want to trade up is cause they believe like the dolphins do that smith is the better prospect.. so if the niners select smith trading down with the bucs is no more... at least thats what i think

They want the player who will cost them the least amount of money.

Boomer has been saying for a while that SF have Smith rated higher and most prefer him. I trust his judgement but hope like heck that he's wrong.

*Sorry Boomer*

I believe that the talk about Smith is more to force Rodgers into a reasonable contract. I'll also say that MikeO probably hit the nail on the head. SF will take the best, least expensive QB in the draft.

The big difference between Rodgers and Smith (From what I have read) is that Rodgers is better prepared to play now while Smith has more potential down the road.

Sal said Nolan wasn't taking cap implications into perspective when drafting. But Mort was still leaning towards Rodgers. No one knows a damn thing!

Omaha_Dolfan said:
The big difference between Rodgers and Smith (From what I have read) is that Rodgers is better prepared to play now while Smith has more potential down the road.
I agree with you but think that all the talk from SF wavering back and forth between Smith and Rogers is only so no one knows what they are doing so trade offers are still available to them.

I have no insider information and this is just speculation, but I heard the 49ers will draft Smith AND Rogers....

Don't ask me how, but that seems to be the general consensus. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom