49ers unlikely to trade Deese | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers unlikely to trade Deese

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned as a possibility by some on this board, but I don't see the 49ers trading Deese with his replacement, Kwame Harris, struggling badly.

"Eleven seasons ago, Derrick Deese made his debut on the 49ers offensive line in an exhibition game against the Denver Broncos, and a day later, he went on injured reserve with an elbow injury.
So what?Well, that said, rookie left tackle Kwame Harris' initiation to the NFL could have gone worse Saturday night. But not by much.Harris had a tough outing as he started in place of Deese -- who's been recovering from June ankle surgery -- in Saturday's 24-6 exhibition-opening win at Kansas City.
"It's a rough first game. You're nervous," Deese said of what it's like making an NFL debut. "And he had to jump into the fire."
Harris got burned for two sacks -- by defensive ends R-Kal Turlock and Gary Stills -- and had constant trouble fending off sixth-year veteran Vonnie Holliday, who knocked down quarterback Tim Rattay three times."

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/6513818.htm

Even the top picks at tackle can look bad. Deese is definitely not going anywhere-

http://www.pressdemo.com/49ers/news/12niners_c1empirec.html

"Nobody within the 49ers organization has lost faith that top draft pick Kwame Harris will be a legitimate left tackle in the NFL. But his shaky debut in the club's exhibition opener was reason for the 49ers to feel grateful that ol' reliable Derrick Deese has not been thrown on the scrap heap just yet."

I tossed the name out there because I had heard they were heaping rave reviews on Harris and were thinking of cutting Harris. Obviously Harris went on to struggle against another team so, it looks like Deese is no longer a possibility.

Think Denver will let one of their LT's go?

Back
Top Bottom