4th and 1 - Confused | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4th and 1 - Confused

Nope. On the PI play, the ball was underthrow, the WR stopped running and cut off the defender.

On the Welker play, the defender hit him with his chest in Welkers back before he swatted at the ball. It was without a doubt a pass interference call that wasn't made.
Nope. It dossn't matter, the reciever slowed down and Bell held him back.
He played the ball nicely.

Your being quite the homer, and you'd be bitching your *** off it those plays were called the way you say they should be and they happened to us.

I went to the game and just got back. Sat way on the top in the freezing rain the whole time, surrounded by Jets fans. However, I stuck it out and had a great time. I think we played very well and glad we stayed in the game. If that big running play did not happen, I def saw us going into overtime.

One thing bothered me though and all Dolphin and Jets fans around me saw it. When Morris caught the pass on 3rd and long and went near the goalline, we all could have swore it was an obvious first down. Refs said it was 4th and 1 though. Now I thought a measurement was coming. I then didnt see one so I looked at replay and all of us around clearly saw a first down. Then Saban calls a timeout! A TIMEOUT! Why not challenge? It was 2:08 or something left in the 4th so its not like he would have lost a challenge he could use later. If he was going to need to call a timeout, he coulda gotten the rest through the challenge. He coulda easily gotten it reversed and it woulda been a whole different ball game. When I saw this, I prayed it wouldnt cost us the game and it rly could have. What do you all think?

BTW, go Dolphins. ;) Did Hagan look as good on TV as he did at the game?

The refs should have measured it instead of guessing. I guess the Jets pay them off I saw Eric Maginesea talking to the refs before the game.

Nope. It dossn't matter, the reciever slowed down and Bell held him back.
He played the ball nicely.

Your being quite the homer, and you'd be bitching your *** off it those plays were called the way you say they should be and they happened to us.

No, I'm not being a homer. I'm saying of they called the PI on us, they should have called the PI on the Jets, cause Welker was mugged before the guy hit the ball. Go back and rewatch the play in slow mo. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

You are a homer if you think they got it all right.

No, I'm not being a homer. I'm saying of they called the PI on us, they should have called the PI on the Jets, cause Welker was mugged before the guy hit the ball. Go back and rewatch the play in slow mo. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

here is the rule

It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball.
He held him with his right forearm from advancing towards the ball. He violated this rule.

And I can't find it, but I doubt there is a rule that you have to be granted a measurement is the referee doesnt think its close.

And your last comment makes no sense.

Watching on T.V., Saban called for a measurement and the refs wouldn't give it to him. I'll tell you something else, the P.I. call on us was B.S., the Jets OL was holding a lot in the second half, and Welker got mugged before the ball got to him and we didn't get that call. Same old bull against this Jesters team, they always get the lucky frickin breaks.

:yeahthat: I saw 2 pass interference calls that the Jets didn't get. I guess they can't get a win without having the refs cheat for them. It's sad that they can't get in the playoffs fairly they have to cheat that was proven tonight

here is the rule

He held him with his right forearm from advancing towards the ball. He violated this rule.

And I can't find it, but I doubt there is a rule that you have to be granted a measurement is the referee doesnt think its close.

And your last comment makes no sense.

Whatever, you are arguing with yourself. I never said he had to be granted a measurement, I was just pointing out that he asked for one, and that it was so far from being close that he wasn't granted one. GEEZUS, get off it!!

How about hitting a player before the ball gets there? You are neglecting that part of the PI rules. Welker was clobbered before the defender made contact with the ball and before Welker made contact with the ball, that's PASS INTERFERENCE.

On the PI on us, our DB had his back to the QB and did not turn his head. The non-PI call against Welker, I think the Jets DB had his head turned around looking for the ball when he bumped Welker. I think that's probably the difference in the 2 calls. I thought the PI call was a bit bogus because the pass was so far underthrown. I never like it when refs bail out an offense that has such a poorly executed play.

Whatever, you are arguing with yourself. I never said he had to be granted a measurement, I was just pointing out that he asked for one, and that it was so far from being close that he wasn't granted one. GEEZUS, get off it!!

How about hitting a player before the ball gets there? You are neglecting that part of the PI rules. Welker was clobbered before the defender made contact with the ball and before Welker made contact with the ball, that's PASS INTERFERENCE.

I wasn't arguing with you...i was just adding that. A few other posts seemed to imply it. I'm sorry you misinterpreted that and managed to react poorly too it. You were pointing out a fact that I had already stated earlier, thats why I responded like that to your previous post, not because I was arguing.

No Welker wasn't clobbered before the defender made contact with the ball. And Welker never made contact with the ball.

On the PI on us, our DB had his back to the QB and did not turn his head. The non-PI call against Welker, I think the Jets DB had his head turned around looking for the ball when he bumped Welker. I think that's probably the difference in the 2 calls. I thought the PI call was a bit bogus because the pass was so far underthrown. I never like it when refs bail out an offense that has such a poorly executed play.

Yes, that's my point exactly. All i'm saying is that they were both judgment calls, and naturally, as usual, they both go against us in a close game.

Yes, that's my point exactly. All i'm saying is that they were both judgment calls, and naturally, as usual, they both go against us in a close game.

Thats not his point at all. His point was one was pass interference (although he felt the ball was uncatchable) because of Bells actions. and one was not. What he is saying completely contradicts your point.

What I am furious about is the fact that we were already out of the playoff hunt why the F..........K didnt we go for it on 4th and 1 what the hell do we have to lose god damn it i am so F'n mad right now at the piss poor play calling makes me friggin sick sick sick :fire::fire::fire::fire:

Thats not his point at all. His point was one was pass interference (although he felt the ball was uncatchable) because of Bells actions. and one was not. What he is saying completely contradicts your point.

I'm so glad you could speak for him.

Back
Top Bottom