4th round pick Jamil Douglas highlights | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4th round pick Jamil Douglas highlights

Looks good. Hopefully he comes in strong and displaces ****ty Thomas.

I don't seen a guy waiting for contact. Around 4:00 and 10:20 jump at out me, guy can move.

He seems to have a really good ability to square guys up when he pulls. Not just kinda get in the way but wash guys out of the play completely and absolutely destroys smaller guys doesnt let their speed be an advantage.

The same folks who justify picking giant draft bust potentials like broke back DTs
somehow like OL dudes who really don't OWN any one spot but offer a diversity of weakness all along the OL?

It's like, yea he sucks at T but he can also play G in a pinch and suck there too!

The "template" Philbin has for OL is garbage. That's what's been proven so far.

I mean, he evaluates based on how a dude look in his stance!

really like the way he moves. I guess what worries me is him struggling with the bull rush and letting the action come to him. I cant help but picture D. Thomas getting blown up and watching the pocket collapse before QB finishes his drop. No boubt practicing against our DL will help him progess a little bit quicker

Hmm. I know it's a "highlight" video, but I see enough there to question the soft label that is on him

Well, I am blowing my own horn here as I have been the ONLY ONE talking about Douglas. I have posts all over here saying he is the PROTO TYPE ZBS GUARD and watch out for miami to grab him as he suits our scheme perfect. He was top on my big board coming into the 4th round.

That soft thing is rediculous, he is the exact opposite. He is an ASU player and living here I have seen him play many times, twice being at the game. And he stands out!! You notice him!! He has a wicked pop and stands guys up. He moves defenders around and EASILY gets to the 2nd level most of the time. He really is fast and pulls like crazy.

Douglas is our day one starter and will be a pro bowl guard. This really a great pick guys and its to bad people label this kind of pic boring. I swear, if most had their way, all we would do every year is draft fast wr's, anything else is boring and its a bad draft.

So far, Hickey is running just the draft we need and picking them in the right spots. No reaches.

This pick of Jamil Douglas is a continuance of last years pick of Ja'Wuan James who was the perfect zbs tackle and best for our scheme. He is building this line with players who fit the scheme and not the top rated maulers who don't fit. This is what a real GM does.

If Billy Turner works out anywhere on this line, Hickey has made this line a FORCE with versatile starters and some depth, from a trash heap in 2 seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
really intrigued by him. handled Williams well. athletic for a big guy. don't get the soft stigma that has been put on him, but I don't know much about him. he looked good at lg must have struggled some as lt this past year. hopefully this is the guy to end the dallas Thomas run

I googled him. Kid was a monster. Rated as an NFL "freak" on NFL.com. I hope he can show it on the field.

Tre jackson was the 4th hughest rated G and went a few spots before us. We should have made a move up to get him, he was projected 2-3 rounder. Instead we are sitting on 4 5th round picks in which 1 or 2 prob wont even make the team. Trying to be optimistic but not thrilled w this pick.

He sucks and isn't a scheme fit...

really intrigued by him. handled Williams well. athletic for a big guy. don't get the soft stigma that has been put on him, but I don't know much about him. he looked good at lg must have struggled some as lt this past year. hopefully this is the guy to end the dallas Thomas run

Douglas is going to be our left guard. Billy Turner has to put Dallas Thomas on the bench and be our rt guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay131866 View Post
Tre jackson was the 4th hughest rated G and went a few spots before us. We should have made a move up to get him, he was projected 2-3 rounder. Instead we are sitting on 4 5th round picks in which 1 or 2 prob wont even make the team. Trying to be optimistic but not thrilled w this pick

You know, in all your posts, especially the ones on o-line, you'd infatuated on board tastings and not the most important thing......., SCHEME!! Its very important with o-line as the slow, big meat, big muscle maulers can't play in a ZBS scheme.

Study the zbs &the power scheme. In the zbs you have to be athletic. You have to be fast and able to block on the run and mirror the defender. You must be have good, nimble feet and be able to move laterally and as a guard, you have to be able to pull.

Power scheme? Out physical your guy by throwing your corn fed farm body into the defender and move him straight back and let your cb find the hole you made. You don't have to be neasd as athletic as zbs. Its nice if you can move some in a PS but mostly, your job is shoving your guy back to open a run hole and hold up the point of attack just long enough for the qb to get the ball off. An athletic LT is nice for a power line but usually they are hold the point and hope they don't get around you.

Jake Long is a great example of a power scheme LT. Had he tried to stay in a zone team,vit would have been awful. He never was much of a pass blocker and never could stop the inside rush move.

Douglas is going to start day one. He is the guard equivalent of Ja'Waun James last year. Everyone cried until they saw him start last year. He was chosen over all those top 5 meat heads everyone wanted Hickey to move up for because THEY DIDNT HAVE SKILLS FOR THE ZBS!!! They were power scheme maulers.

James was the best zbs tackle in that draft and Douglas is the absolute best zbs guard this year!! Hickey is building this line the right way.

Go look at film of the old Elway era broncos and that killer zone scheme they had. Best scheme EVER for running the ball. We are based on that scheme. Lighter guys who are athletic that can move and hit and get to the second level fast. Good feet and can get out and pull. Douglas is that kind of zbs player.

Scheme man. To many people get caught up in draft ratings and completely ignore scheme. Your going to love Douglas. Cheer up man!! Really, We had a very good draft and got guys we needed and best of all, fit our schemes!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom