4th round pick Jamil Douglas highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4th round pick Jamil Douglas highlights

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;uXPKRz4aZWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=uXPKRz4aZWk[/video]

Pulls well...I think we have our left guard.

If you notice he handles Leonard Williams very well several times.

Hmm. I know it's a "highlight" video, but I see enough there to question the soft label that is on him

the guy seems like a good fit for the type of LG we needed. Now the question is: Can he beat out our current starter???

Pulls well...I think we have our left guard.

If you notice he handles Leonard Williams very well several times.

Was about to say that. I'd like to see that whole game tape, because in those highlights he pushes "best player in the draft" Williams around.

Don't know of many 3 year starters that are labeled a project.

Strengths

Athletic build with desired flexibility throughout lower body. Has recovery quickness to catch delayed blitzers and twists. Flashes promising quick-set that he will use to take early lead in protection. Can pull, turn corner and find targets. Effective blocker in screen game with ability to adjust to moving targets in space. Can punch and reset hands quickly to counter a spin move. Has bend and hips to win leverage battle early in the snap.

Weaknesses

Finesse, left guard-only prospect. Waits on action to come to him. Isn't a consistent enough block finisher. Must convert weight-room strength to play strength. Gives ground against bull-rushers. Struggles to consistently redirect when defender gets to his edge. Will get cross-faced. Shows very little fire in his play and looks like he's going through the motions. Gets caught catching rather than punching. Fails to generate push at the point of attack. Feet will stall and he doesn't sustain blocks for very long.

I like how he moves! He seems to hold up ok on passing downs, but I think what we see a lot of is him pulling around the edge and hitting lb's and cb's. Get miller to the outside and watch out! I like this pick now thanks for the video!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Was about to say that. I'd like to see that whole game tape, because in those highlights he pushes "best player in the draft" Williams around.

Yeah I noticed that too, good to see because we're gonna be seeing a lot of him! After a training camp against Suh I don't think he will be too scared of anyone come week ! :chuckle:

I realize it's a highlight tape, but am much more optimistic than I was after reading his weaknesses. I think some of these highlights disprove some of them; though, even in the video, it seems like he will get pushed around by a bull rush (which unfortunately is a prominent move of our rival AFC East DLs).

Tre jackson was the 4th hughest rated G and went a few spots before us. We should have made a move up to get him, he was projected 2-3 rounder. Instead we are sitting on 4 5th round picks in which 1 or 2 prob wont even make the team. Trying to be optimistic but not thrilled w this pick.

I like him! I question some of the weaknesses like having the "fire" he seemed to play tough to me.

Tre jackson was the 4th hughest rated G and went a few spots before us. We should have made a move up to get him, he was projected 2-3 rounder. Instead we are sitting on 4 5th round picks in which 1 or 2 prob wont even make the team. Trying to be optimistic but not thrilled w this pick.
You realize the difference between 4-5th round guys don't yoi? Stop complaining

Back
Top Bottom