5/2/11 Interview with Mike Pouncey on the Joe Rose Show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5/2/11 Interview with Mike Pouncey on the Joe Rose Show

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Are you better at run blocking or pass protection at this point? "Aw, man, I love run blocking. I love being down there and being physical with the guys. I think I'm a better run blocker than pass blocker."
Do you think your draft position by your brother, Maurkice, playing so damned well for the Pittsburgh Steelers as a rookie last year? "Well, I think if you listen to Mel Kiper, it helped me, because obviously I got drafted because he played so good. Hey, he's a heckuva player, but if I didn't play that good, I don't think they would have drafted me in the first round."

If it's your choice, center or guard? "I'm playing center."

Talk about the issues you had with the shotgun snaps at Florida early last season: "It was my first year playing center, but as the season went on, I got better and better and I mean at the end of the year, it wasn't even a problem. ... I think that when I went out there the first game, I just let my timing get up in the front of me, taking that shotgun snapping for granted basically. And, so, from that point on, I told myself that would never happen again, and I went on and had a great season."

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dolphins/joerose/2011/05/mike_pouncey.html

"Are you better at run blocking or pass protection at this point?"

:lol:
What a stupid question. Like he'd have a shot with our FO if he wasn't a better at run blocking.

Back
Top Bottom