5/31 OTA Session | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5/31 OTA Session

Hope all the pressure makes Tanne get rid of ball quicker in regular season...but also hope our line is not garbage

I wouldn't worry too much about the pressure on the qb until the Pads come on. No contact rules can skew things up front. The Morgan/Grant battle for the 6th spot could be interesting. If it's close do you go with Grant because of his speed and use on returns or Morgan because he can be used in general on other special teams too? I think two of the Carroo, Scott and Ford trio will earn the 4th and 5th spots. If Carroo loses out he'll be traded, if one of the other two loses the battle they might end up on the practice squad. I think there's a good chance Carroo, Scott, Ford, Grant and Morgan are either on the 53 man roster or Miami practice squad come September.

Thanks for all the updates

It would be much more informative if the reporters would focus more on what kind of drills, plays, and techniques are being worked on. OTA play-by-play is as useless as their judgment/opinion on these dressed-down situations. That's not the point of these sessions.

They're not allowed to report any of that.

Thanks for all the updates

It would be much more informative if the reporters would focus more on what kind of drills, plays, and techniques are being worked on. OTA play-by-play is as useless as their judgment/opinion on these dressed-down situations. That's not the point of these sessions.

Barry Jackson kind of addressed this:

Barry Jackson‏Verified account @flasportsbuzz 3h3 hours ago
For Dolphins fans asking who's lining up with starters, who's playing where, remember: Dolphins - for competitive reasons - do not allow...

...reporters during OTAs to say who's with 1st team or 2nd team, etc., or who's lining up at what positions. 4 of 10 OTAs open to media.

... Exception is if Adam Gase addresses it in media session. So keep that in mind when asking questions to Fins writers. Carry on.

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 13m13 minutes ago
The Dolphins defensive backs are taunting the receivers. I guess they are celebrating their victory today.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 13m13 minutes ago
Tony Lippett, Bobby McCain and Xavien Howard taunting Miami WRs. Edge to D in this open OTA.

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 10m10 minutes ago
Top performers from today's Phins OTA session: 1. Julius Thomas (2 big receptions) 2. TJ McDonald (red zone INT) 3. Charles Harris (abusive)

James Walker‏Verified account @JamesWalkerNFL 3m3 minutes ago
Today's OTA standouts for the Dolphins: Charles Harris, TJ McDonald and Nate Allen. It was a defensive day for Miami.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
Adam Gase says Bobby McCain improved a lot throughout last year. Tigger coverage this camp despite going vs. Jarvis Landry.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 2m2 minutes ago
Adam Gase says Bobby McCain has had some good PBUs and coverages in camp

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 38s39 seconds ago
Walt Aikens has been practicing at CB for Miami Dolphins

Barry Jackson‏Verified account @flasportsbuzz 7m7 minutes ago
Gase confirms, as evident in practice, that Aikens being used at CB. Cross training at safety and corner. Not sure on longterm position.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 8m8 minutes ago
Adam Gase says D took it to O today. All trash talk warranted.

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 7m7 minutes ago
"They took it to the offense today. Everything they said was true," Adam Gase said about the defensive backs trash talking Miami's WRs.

James Walker‏Verified account @JamesWalkerNFL 7m7 minutes ago
Some Miami Dolphins rookies are practicing without logos on their helmets during OTAs. Head coach Adam Gase said they are trying something different this year for first-year players to earn the logo.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 6m6 minutes ago
Adam Gase says Kiko Alonso is going to be here "for a minute" which in Gasian means "a long time"

Adam Gase: I knew Jarvis Landry was going to show up, put his head down and be a leader

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 6m6 minutes ago
Adam Gase says "we haven't had too much conversations about contract stuff." Meaning coach and player.

Adam Gase: Jarvis Landry can still master the details of our offense

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 3m3 minutes ago
Adam Gase: Jordan Phillips is very difficult for us to block right now. I'm seeing consistency.

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 3m3 minutes ago
Gase said Phillips is "very difficult for us to block right now."

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 4m4 minutes ago
"He is very difficult for us to block right now. He's had good days & bad days in the past. What I'm seeing now is consistency," Gase on 97

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 3m3 minutes ago
Adam Gase: We want Kenyan Drake to be an all-around back. He has to be ready to go in case something happens to our workhorse, Jay Ajayi

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 2m2 minutes ago
Misi might be a training camp proposition. Dolphins still need to see him run around before they're going to let him practice.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 3m3 minutes ago
Adam Gase says when he sees Koa Misi running around then he'll know LB is close. Not there yet.

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
"Sometimes when you start battling good guys and you're winning your confidence goes up," Gase on Xavien Howard, who is killing it in OTAs.

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 1m1 minute ago
"He's a hard guy to get open against," Dolphins coach Adam Gase on cornerback Xavien Howard.

Great to get some good reports on Jordan Phillips. I did wonder why he waited until camp to lose 15 lbs instead of getting a head start in the off-season...

If he steps up, this is a formidable defense this year. If he plays at a PB level, this is a top 10 defense.

Really great to hear good things about Bobby McCain and Jordan Phillips. To me, these are our biggest defensive question marks. If they can elevate their games, look out. Also great to hear the FS position is looking solid too.

I know it's just OTA's but can we ever get this oline fixed???

OTA's are pointless for determining such things. Not only are they not wearing pads but the defense knows what plays are being worked on and used. That's why the play by play commentary and judging the offensive/defensive units by production are useless. Coaches are simply working on and looking at individual technique specific to the drill being run, not the outcome of the play. They could care less if it results in a defensive interception, sack, or offensive touchdown as long as the plays and positions are being run exactly as called.

Back
Top Bottom