5 most overhyped teams according to The Sporting News | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 most overhyped teams according to The Sporting News

THATHURMANATOR

FIN FAN TAKING A BATHROOM BREAK
Reaction score
Hey buddies just thought you would like to see who they thought was the 2nd most overhyped team in the league is this year

2. Dolphins -- too much misplaced confidence. Are Jay Fiedler and Ricky Williams the answers to two of the Dolphins most glaring weaknesses? Miami fans will learn the hard way that "just avoid mistakes" football isn't necessarily winning football. For a team that ranked in the bottom half of the conference in rushing and passing offense (13th and ninth respectively) it is pinning its hopes on a questionable quarterback and an oft-injured running back.

:monkey: Dolphins

Heh first article in about 20. I think on the law of averages we win :)

I take it your Bills are #1? Because the Bills are all hype for a non playoff contender.

I don't see why Jay is "questionable", but he has the right to an opinion. Besides, I'm sure Ricky will shake that oft-injured description very soon. Playing on turf will injure just about anybody. Being on grass for atleast 8 games a season will help that.

Who said that the Dolphins were going to play "just avoid mistake" football? That was Gailey's game plan. Norv is here now, and I know he wants to score points.

Interesting. Oft Injured...well, he was healthy all last year.

I find it interesting how these "professional" writers know less then nothing about football. Seems to me that when a team HAS NO RUNNING game because our O LINE was injured all year, and our running back became mr fumble, that our passing game would suffer too. It's also interesting that we go 11-5, and then add decent players in RW, Searcy, Chester, Burnett, ect ect...and he thinks we are over rated.

Well, good for the idiot.

Please most overhyped player...

Drew Blesoe .....I can't wait until Bills fan want Bledsoe back in the bench where he belongs....

I was thinking the same thing VanDolPhan. The Bills are pretty overhyped. They are putting all their hopes in an even more questionable QB than the 'Fins are at this point.

Of course, you can always say the Dolphins are hyped. Everyone's talking about them, unlike the bills. Only talk I hear about the bills is "will they get out of the cellar this year". I'm not making a joke either, that's a serious quote.

But they say that we ranked in the bottom half of the conference in rushing and passing offense.......And we still went 11-5. Not to bad for a bunch of hurt, bottom ranking people that are just trying to play mistake free football. Can you imagine how well we'd do if we up our numbers? They sky's the limit.

The Sporting News Artical reminds me of watching Chris Berman on ESPN. He can never find good words for the Dolphins, but always has something good to say about the Bills or the 49'ers no matter how bad they are.

I don't think the Bills are over-hyped.

They suck, and everyone is expecting them to suck.

"Are Jay Fiedler and Ricky Williams the answers to two of the Dolphins most glaring weaknesses?"

They're both better than Bledsoe and Henry that's for damn sure.

The Bills Suck

"They're both better than Bledsoe and Henry that's for damn sure"

I wouldn't feel very confident in saying that.

Back
Top Bottom