5 Phins We Cannot Afford To Lose To Injury......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 Phins We Cannot Afford To Lose To Injury.........

Originally posted by ckparrothead
And if you really wanna compare the two then make it a fair comparison. In Fiedler's 2nd real year in the NFL with his first chance to start he inherited a team a lot like the Pats this year. A running game that was over-achieving, an offensive line that was good, a crappy receiving corp, and a defense that keeps teams from scoring pretty good.

Not saying Fiedler did really poorly, but there's no doubt that Brady performed superior in 2001 than Fiedler did in 2000. And, according to most of the league including those who vote on the pro bowl, there's also no doubt that Brady's 2001 campaign was better than Fiedler's 2001 campaign. Thats not to say that Brady will ALWAYS perform better than Fiedler, I hope not anyway. But there's no use takin away a players due.

Was Fiedler hurt in 2000?? Yes.....Was Brady hurt in 2001....no. Make a better point. Also QB rating Doesn't mean much of anything. If you including rushing yards, and TDS for QBs in the QB rating calculation, Fiedler would slaughter Brady in QB rating

Also The Patriots Defense didn't let BRady down when it counted. The Dolphins defense did let Jay down when it really counted.

Yeah, Brady had A LOT of fumbles too. Fumbles are just as bad as INTs. Fiedler also tore Brady up in rushing stats.

Really. I am also going down to the Raiders-Dolphins game. I obtained ickets from a season ticket holder. We will just have to work something out.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Yeah, Brady had A LOT of fumbles too. Fumbles are just as bad as INTs. Fiedler also tore Brady up in rushing stats.

Actually I think fumbles are worse just because you are giving them even better field position then with the INT.

Name me a bunch of back-up quarterbacks in the NFL that could lead there team to a Super Bowl??

I understand your point...but at some point most not ALL QBs were "back ups" while learning the system. Jay was a career back up until he came here. And he was a back up for Brunell, who in turn was a back up for Favre, who was a back up for whoever the hell started in Atlanta and so on...Kurt Warner was supposed to be a back up for Trent Green, until he got injured.

Point is that every QB has to go through a learning process...whether on the "fly" or as a clipboard jockey. Yes...sometimes chances of making it to the SB will be shot if they lose their QB (Green Bay, San Fran) but other teams will still be ok. If we lost Jay I think Lucas would do fine. I am sure when NE drafted Brady in the 6th rd...They weren't thinking "this guy will replace Bledsoe". They took a gamble and won...so far.

Somehow I get the feeling I am slowly getting sucked into another Jay Sucks thread:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by chambers84

Name me a bunch of back-up quarterbacks in the NFL that could lead there team to a Super Bowl??

Jeff Hostetler
Mark Rypien
Neil O'Donnell (you didn't say "win", just "lead")
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer
Kurt Warner (who was the backup when he won the thing)
Tom Brady (fluke, fluke, fluke, fluke)
Stan Humphries (see O'Donnell )
John Elway (to see if you are paying attention :) )
Kerry Collins (who really isn't that good, regardless what the Giants think)

My head hurts.....

Originally posted by codename47

Jeff Hostetler
Mark Rypien
Neil O'Donnell (you didn't say "win", just "lead")
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer
Kurt Warner (who was the backup when he won the thing)
Tom Brady (fluke, fluke, fluke, fluke)
Stan Humphries (see O'Donnell )
John Elway (to see if you are paying attention :) )
Kerry Collins (who really isn't that good, regardless what the Giants think)

My head hurts.....

OK, so how many of these guys are better than Jay Fiedler?? Uh I can only honestly say 2, Kurt Warner, and John Elway. SO maybe you didn't say Jay could lead us, but a number of people on this board do believe that Jay cannot lead us to a Super Bowl. I think in can!

John Elway (to see if you are paying attention )

OK, so how many of these guys are better than Jay Fiedler?? Uh I can only honestly say 2, Kurt Warner, and John Elway

Apparently he is not...
:goof:

MY $0.02 ON THE BRADY VS. FIEDLER DEBATE
ANTOWAIN SMITH= 4.0 YPC
LAMAR SMITH = 3.1 YPC

MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU DONT HAVE TO CARRY THE TEAM

If you guys really look at it..When Elway won a superbowl, he had TD in his prime. When Kurt took over he had marshall, the best back in the league..I wonder what Kurt would be like without Marshall..and they do have play makers in the WR's. If Kurt was on another team would he be the Kurt we know of today. We're about to see if Jay can be "Jay the man" with a real RB, a second year WR who can be a play maker..TE and FB options. New QB friendly Offense should make him a star.

Back
Top Bottom