5 Phins We Cannot Afford To Lose To Injury......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 Phins We Cannot Afford To Lose To Injury.........

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
IN ORDER 1.RICKY WILLIAMS- everything we want to do is based on him playing.............2.CHRIS CHAMBERS- just look back at the Raven game to see how we look without him.............3.ZACH THOMAS-heart and soul of the defense,our toughest player .............4.JAYSON TAYLOR- our only bona-fide pro bowler on the d-line........5. JAY FIEDLER- did I just write JAY FIEDLER, at this point he is better than Lucas because of his grasp of the offense and familiarity with the starters.........................I picked these players hoping that they do not get as much as a hang nail this season(rosary beeds in hand) What are your 5 players we cannot afford to lose?

I have to agree with you about Ricky Williams and Chris Chambers. They are the most integral part of what we are planning to do on offense. Pound Ricky into the line on a constant basis then open it up with Chambers deep. As for Zach...he is still the heart of our defense but I am not as worried as I used to be. Tommy hendricks is ok as a backup and Gaylon was ok too. Don't get me wrong...he is still the man in the middle...can't afford to lose him...but when gardner went down last year....he was eaten up by the off lineman...he need protection up frony
Jay Fiedler is interesting....because he is our No 1 guy. I am hoping with the addition of Turner...we can open up the offense and cut down on those mind boggling interceptions. The name i think you forgot is Mark Dixon. If he is healthy he makes this o-line so much better and gives us flexibilty along the line. By the way...my prediction along the line by the start of the season...LT Dixon..LG Nails...C Ruddy...RG Searcy...RT Wade

The guys we cant afford to lose are Chambers (a deep threat that will keep safeties back), Fiedler (a playmaker running or passing), Zach (the brains of the front 7, he is a radar that uses instincts to find the ball), Madison (will take away 1 WR automatically), and Marion (the brains of the secondary and a playmaker).

the notables we cant afford to lose......

Mare (he is money inside 50 yards, solid on kickoffs), Bowens (clogs up the middle), Ricky (Minor can come in and do things but Ricky is money on short yardage and goal line), Taylor (will put pressure on QB every play, and you cant run at him because he will make the tackle), Surtain (multi-talented slot and outside).

:eat:

IMHO...

1. Gardner - look at our run defense w/o him
2. Any of our OTs - depth at this position is very thin and will impact both passing and running games
3. Chambers - Our only true deep threat. Speed and Hands
4. Williams - Our offense will be built around him
5. Thomas - heart and soul of the D.

This is based on if they were out for the Season. I didn't chose Jay mostly due to the fact that I have seen our back up QBs do very well and I think Lucas is an excellent back up.

I can't say Gardener because we've got Burnett behind him.

I am littled :confused: when you say "I have to agree with you" to yourself - was this post from someplace else ?

I gotta basically agree on RW, Jay, JT, Zach and CC as our top 5 though Sam vs CC w/b a tough choice.

I think he pulled this off another MB...This guy has a history of not linking stories or crediting sources...Personally I think this is either a little kid (which is fine with me) and doesn't know any better. Or we need to hammer this guy for ripping other peoples material. JMO:fire: :fire:

If we lost Fiedler to injury, we wouldn't makle the playoffs with Lucas or our other rookie QBs.

Originally posted by chambers84
If we lost Fiedler to injury, we wouldn't makle the playoffs with Lucas or our other rookie QBs.

If that is true...then why is Lucas even on the roster??? Brady was a backup that became a SB MVP.

Originally posted by phins054

If that is true...then why is Lucas even on the roster??? Brady was a backup that became a SB MVP.

Brady is a fluke that will be exposed this season. Another Jeff H. in the making.

Brady's not a bad quarterback at all. I don't think he's a fluke. I don't think he's one of the great QBs either but he definitely did a lot to help his team win. He functioned as what we wished Jay Fiedler would function as when we signed him.

ckparrothead:

Brady is a complete fluke. What has he himself done?? How many 4th quarter comebacks does he have? How many TDs did he throw last year? How many gameswere won by the PATS defense last year? He has done nothing other than underservingly receive a Super Bowl ring, and the Trophy. Your last statement: "He functioned as what we wished Jay Fiedler would function as when we signed him." What the hell are you talking about?? Brady isn't better than Fiedler by any means? Other than his ears are closer to his head.

Tom Brady's 2001 Numbers/Team Record 11-5

Att Comp Yards Tds Ints R-Atts RYds R-Tds Fum Fum Lost
413 264 2843 18 12 36 43 0 12 3

Jay Fiedler's 2001 Numbers Team Record/11-5

Att Comp Yards Tds Ints R Atts RYds R-Tds Fum Fum Lost
450 273 3,292 20 19 73 322 5 5 4

I rest my case. Don't use INTS for a "Fiedler sucks" excuse. We are all getting tired of that lame line. Fiedler didn't have 12 fumbles, and Brady didn't have a ****ty line, or lack of running game, OR 5 4th Quarter comebacks. The Real Super Bowl MVP-Adam Vinatieri.

Originally posted by phins054

Name me a bunch of back-up quarterbacks in the NFL that could lead there team to a Super Bowl??

Originally posted by chambers84
ckparrothead:

Brady is a complete fluke. What has he himself done?? How many 4th quarter comebacks does he have? How many TDs did he throw last year? How many gameswere won by the PATS defense last year? He has done nothing other than underservingly receive a Super Bowl ring, and the Trophy. Your last statement: "He functioned as what we wished Jay Fiedler would function as when we signed him." What the hell are you talking about?? Brady isn't better than Fiedler by any means? Other than his ears are closer to his head.

Tom Brady's 2001 Numbers/Team Record 11-5

Att Comp Yards Tds Ints R-Atts RYds R-Tds Fum Fum Lost
413 264 2843 18 12 36 43 0 12 3

Jay Fiedler's 2001 Numbers Team Record/11-5

Att Comp Yards Tds Ints R Atts RYds R-Tds Fum Fum Lost
450 273 3,292 20 19 73 322 5 5 4

I rest my case. Don't use INTS for a "Fiedler sucks" excuse. We are all getting tired of that lame line. Fiedler didn't have 12 fumbles, and Brady didn't have a ****ty line, or lack of running game, OR 5 4th Quarter comebacks. The Real Super Bowl MVP-Adam Vinatieri.

Hell of a post!

You forgot one quarterback stat in that comparison. QB Rating. Fiedler's was 80, Brady's was 86.5

I'm not saying Fiedler sucks. I never said that. What I said is that Brady's actually a pretty good quarterback and most of this "Brady's a fluke" crap is just outright blatant illogical-for-the-sake-of-being-illogical skepticism stemming from the fact that they can't believe a guy like Brady could lead a crappy team like the Pats to the Super Bowl like he did.

But he did. How do you measure which QB is better? If you say TD totals, total yards, number of fumbles, or yards per pass then sure Fiedler has the advantage.

But if you use the more standard measures such as Completion Percentage, QB Rating, TD-INT ratio, or even their team's record...then Brady has the advantage. Hands down. Brady inherited a team that had lost 1 game and was already pretty much beaten by the time he took over in the 2nd game. He then took over the reigns to lead his team to a 14-3 record under his tenure including the playoffs and Super Bowl.

Jay Fiedler's got a wonderful winning record and I think he's vastly underrated by like 85% of the media. But just admitting that Brady is in all likelihood better doesn't mean you have to flip out as if I'm sayin Fiedler sucks. Brady LED his team. Their defense wasn't really as consistent as ours and their offense was definitely more explosive than ours. What impressed me most about Brady? Aside from the bottom line being that he just plain made plays to keep his team charging down the field (Fiedler did too), he did it with guys named David Patten, Charles Johnson, and Troy Brown. Fiedler had Oronde Gadsden, James McKnight, and Chris Chambers (TEs were probably a tossup). Definitely advantage Fiedler on that one though Troy Brown probably a better WR than any of our guys as they were last year.

Don't get me wrong, I like Fiedler. He can be pretty good. But if you asked me if I'd trade Fiedler for Brady straightup I'd do it in a heartbeat and not even question it. And honestly 99% of the football world excluding us homeristic dolfans would laugh at anyone that said they'd take Fiedler over Tom Brady straightup ceteris parebis.

And if you really wanna compare the two then make it a fair comparison. In Fiedler's 2nd real year in the NFL with his first chance to start he inherited a team a lot like the Pats this year. A running game that was over-achieving, an offensive line that was good, a crappy receiving corp, and a defense that keeps teams from scoring pretty good.

Not saying Fiedler did really poorly, but there's no doubt that Brady performed superior in 2001 than Fiedler did in 2000. And, according to most of the league including those who vote on the pro bowl, there's also no doubt that Brady's 2001 campaign was better than Fiedler's 2001 campaign. Thats not to say that Brady will ALWAYS perform better than Fiedler, I hope not anyway. But there's no use takin away a players due.

Back
Top Bottom