J Taylor
Z Thomas
P Surtain
S Madison

Make up $36,650,107.00 of our cap

Our whole Offence 26 players makes up $33,446,528.00

Take out B Griese and J Fiedler and it is on Offence $21,536.528.00

bowens said hed play for almost nothing, thomas/madison already restructuring

I would pay JT everything there is, Bowens will play for nothing, Zach is gonna get his money, he's tryin to help already, Madison should be traded, and Surtain should restructure.

me too, looking around the league it's tough to find too many second cornerbacks as good as him and we can afford an equal or better replacement

I still can't believe people are saying that Madison will be traded. If Madison is traded, we will take a huge cap hit. It is best for our defense and for the salary cap for Madison to restructure. If we release or trade him, we take a huge hit. He isn't what he used to be, but he is better than anything we would get on the FA market to replace him.

he's already restructuring, don't worry... not the paycut we hoped for, but at least it helps the cap

Madison And the rest of the defense know that we are going to have a better chance next year with a better o-line and possible new qb an I believe most people that play in Miami they seem to like it so I believe they will do the best they can to stay with the organization.

no paycut...no deal for Madison.

He'll see that, they'll play it out in the media real well to make it seem he doesn't take a pay cut, but when all is said and done his money will be less and the cap hit will be far less.

He is actually not even a top 20 CB anymore to me.

How can you say Madison is not a top 20 corner he is at least top 10. I think that we just get spoiled with two of the top corners in the league. I know Sam gets some stupid penalties but they come from playing with emotion. Some people say that are team needs heart, if so then why would we get rid of someone that plays with heart. All that said he still definitely needs a paycut.

IMO, Madison is still a top 5 CB. Surtain, Law, & Bailey are the only ones better & that's because they're all around CBs that tackle well. The only other possibles you could say are Vincent, Woodson, & McAlister.

Originally posted by AzDolfan543413
How can you say Madison is not a top 20 corner he is at least top 10. I think that we just get spoiled with two of the top corners in the league. I know Sam gets some stupid penalties but they come from playing with emotion. Some people say that are team needs heart, if so then why would we get rid of someone that plays with heart. All that said he still definitely needs a paycut.

And the fact that he gets burnt for huge plays at least once or twice a game means nothing right ? Thats what all top 10 corners do.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
no paycut...no deal for Madison.

He'll see that, they'll play it out in the media real well to make it seem he doesn't take a pay cut, but when all is said and done his money will be less and the cap hit will be far less.

He is actually not even a top 20 CB anymore to me.

i agree, it will end up being a paycut and his agent will spin it like it's not, whatever...

nonetheless, he's definitely top 20. i know this because i tried to find 20 CBs i'd take over him, and i couldn't. it's in another post from a month or 2 ago, but i remember listing them for everyone and though there was a debate about where he would fall, pretty much everyone agreed he was top 20, probably even top 15 i believe.

all a matter of opinion though, id be curious to see the 20 youd take before him(not looking for an argument, i know it's opinion, just curious)

To say Madison gets burnt for huge plays 1-2 times each game is an exaggeration. Opposing teams know Surtain is the better of the two at this point in their careers and will target Madison if given the choice, obviously. It doesn't help that our safeties are relatively slow, either. My opinion is if we let Madison go it'll only take a game or two for everyone to remember why T-Buck lost his starting job. As was already stated, Madison is still one of the best CBs playing. Even if he IS only top 20 that's still better than 2/3's of the starting CBs in the league. The bottom line is that our defense isn't the problem-it's the offense.

Back
Top Bottom