5 Somewhat "Bold" Draft Predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 Somewhat "Bold" Draft Predictions

Could be the same amount of OT's and WR's taken but at the very least I see 5 of each going top 32
Both pools are sooo deep this year. If I were the GM, I'd let them slide a bit and then sweep in at the bottom of the tier, knowing that in any other year, this guy would be top 15.

Just for fun.

1. Herbert is drafted before Tua.
2. Love is a top 10 pick.
3. Miami takes a running back in the first or second round.
4. The Dolphins make at least one trade that nets the team additional picks for 2021
5. Miami scores the highest draft "grade" by virtually every media outlet.

Yours?

1.) Miami waits for Tua at 5.

2.) Love is a top 15 pick (13 to Indy).

3.) The Dolphins draft Lucas Niang before Jones, Becton, etc.

4.) JK Dobbins comes here in the second.

5.) Jake Fromm is overdrafted and costs some GM his job..

If we get Tua at 5 and Dobbins in the 2nd round I'll be very happy and I agree that Fromm will go higher than he should.

I actually like Niang a lot I know he played with an injury all season until he finally decided to have the surgery.

Just for fun.

1. Herbert is drafted before Tua.
2. Love is a top 10 pick.
3. Miami takes a running back in the first or second round.
4. The Dolphins make at least one trade that nets the team additional picks for 2021
5. Miami scores the highest draft "grade" by virtually every media outlet.

Yours?
Id say you have a good shot of getting 3 out of 5.

I think it could happen. Obviously, Tua would be in discussion with Burrow as the top pick if not for the injury. That's bound to scare teams off.

I agree. Because the downside of it not working out if a team parts with the capital needed to make that move up is potentially devastating.

That’s precisely why I‘m championing the idea of patience and letting things play out. Just stay at 5 and see what what happens. I think it’s less likely someone makes that move. It surely could happen, but I’d take my chances.

If it does, it’s not like the Dolphins are in a bad spot. Take another elite level prospect or trade down with a willing partner for more picks, even if it doesn’t net as much. But assuming the scenario of Tua being off the board does happen, then that means other teams might be willing to give up a lot to trade up ahead of SD (if they stay put) to get say, possibly Justin Herbert.

MIA could try to capitalize on that. Or take him themselves (which I’m not a fan of).

If Chase Young goes top 3 as expected, one of the QB’s will for sure be available at 5. And likely 2 and possibly 3 of them.

Have patience and stay put.

I agree. Because the downside of it not working out if a team parts with the capital needed to make that move up is potentially devastating.

That’s precisely why I‘m championing the idea of patience and letting things play out. Just stay at 5 and see what what happens. I think it’s less likely someone makes that move. It surely could happen, but I’d take my chances.

If it does, it’s not like the Dolphins are in a bad spot. Take another elite level prospect or trade down with a willing partner for more picks, even if it doesn’t net as much. But assuming the scenario of Tua being off the board does happen, then that means other teams might be willing to give up a lot to trade up ahead of SD (if they stay put) to get say, possibly Justin Herbert.

MIA could try to capitalize on that. Or take him themselves (which I’m not a fan of).

If Chase Young goes top 3 as expected, one of the QB’s will for sure be available at 5. And likely 2 and possibly 3 of them.

This is actually what I'm hoping for. Watch a team overpay to come up for Tua... and then try to sell our pick for just as much.

Raiders trade both 1st picks to Detroit for Tua

Miami trade back to 8 or 9...and grab an extra 1st for next year.

Denver make yet another horrible 1st round pick, showing us all the Elway is just dumb.

Miami draft either Espanesa or Wirfs/Thomas with their 1st pick.

During the draft, Miami take 2 RBs, one in the first 3 rounds, then a flyer in the last 2 rounds.

I agree. At this point, not knowing all the details of the medical, I think it would be crazy to trade up for Tua.

It will only get more physical at the NFL level as well with more games, bigger. stronger, faster athletes. More hits to absorb.

If he's there at #5, I'm not opposed to taking the risk. He is potentially elite, but there is a lot of risk.

I actually like Niang a lot I know he played with an injury all season until he finally decided to have the surgery.

I like him because he hasn't given up a sack in 2 seasons and he's played good edge rushers in that time and he's a natural RT.

1- We'll either draft a QB at 5 or we'll move down
2-We won't trade up from 5
3-there will be 7 WR's taken in the first round
4-There will be 6 OT's drafted in the first round and zero guards
5-One RB will be drafted in the first round

Half of R1 is QBs, WRs, OTs?

Patriots draft Jake Fromm 1st round #23 overall
The QB they have from Auburn (Stidham) is just as good as Fromm...if not better.

Back
Top Bottom