5 Thoughest Scheduals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 Thoughest Scheduals

Mindwarp

Captain Caveman
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/andrew_perloff/04/13/toughest.schedules/index.html

5. Miami Dolphins
The Dolphins' 2005 opponents won a league-leading 54.7 percent of their games last year. That's what happens when all of your division opponents have winning records. The only reason Miami isn't higher is because its last-place record set it up for matchups with Tennessee and Cleveland. But the 'Fins still face challenging games against the four NFC South teams, and the beginning of their schedule, when Saban is still getting his feet wet, is very tough. They might not get their first win until Week 7 or beyond.

Yeah...Im not too happy with our schedule eithe...yikes!
But BRING IT ON.

i thought when u finish last u get an easier schedule...how on earth did we land this one???

NOthing seems to surprise me any more....
Bring it--- cuz SABAN will have the boys fired up and ready to roll heads!!!
Our slogan is "WE WILL OVERACHIEVE".
I'm loving every minute of this off season, fine tuning the carbs and getting ready to steam roll the opposition....
Look,,,, if Pitt and San Diego could pull it off, so can we!
Here's to football ladies and gents----enjoy.. It's gonna be better than what we expect!!! It's all gonna start during the draft (we're loading up)

aj13 said:
i thought when u finish last u get an easier schedule...how on earth did we land this one???

That was the case several years ago, but since the NFL realigned to add Houston Texans, they changed the way the schedule's made, too.

Now, 14 of 16 games are set in stone regardless of your record. Only 2 games are based on your record now.

The 14 games in stone are:

6 vs. AFC East
4 vs. AFC North, West, or South (rotating each year)
4 vs. NFC North, West, South or East (rotating each year)

It really doesn't matter what the schedule is, if you have a good team, that team will find a way to win...Last year's win\loss of our opponents doesn't mean squat this year. We may have a great team who had a lot of injuries last year and didn't get a chance to play to their potential. This year we may stay healthy and be dangerous. If you want a SB team, then you need one that acts like one, one who can beat all comers. So what do you guys want, a team that beat clumps during the season and and get killed during the playoffs, or do you want one that's battle tested during the season and ready for the playoffs, if they make it that far? I want a team that beat most of these teams on our schedule and if we make it to the playoffs, we should have a chance to do something special because of the good competition we had to get us there.

MDFINFAN said:
It really doesn't matter what the schedule is, if you have a good team, that team will find a way to win...Last year's win\loss of our opponents doesn't mean squat this year. We may have a great team who had a lot of injuries last year and didn't get a chance to play to their potential. This year we may stay healthy and be dangerous. If you want a SB team, then you need one that acts like one, one who can beat all comers. So what do you guys want, a team that beat clumps during the season and and get killed during the playoffs, or do you want one that's battle tested during the season and ready for the playoffs, if they make it that far? I want a team that beat most of these teams on our schedule and if we make it to the playoffs, we should have a chance to do something special because of the good competition we had to get us there.

well said!

eh, our schedule is so much harder because we have such a stacked division, as usual. if you take out the AFCE teams our schedule is probably on par with the rest of the league

Mindwarp said:
5. Miami Dolphins
The Dolphins' 2005 opponents won a league-leading 54.7 percent of their games last year.

Okay that doesnt make sense statistically ... so what this guy is saying is that this is his opinion of the top five hardest schedules???

Back
Top Bottom