5th Cornerback spot.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5th Cornerback spot....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
I would think we are going into the season with 5 CB's in which we already know who 4 of them are but who will be the 5th???? A.Roundtree has had a good pre-season and he looks like hes catching on as each game goes by......he still needs some work but looked better than any other backup CB out there......which brings up my question.....Where was Omare Lowe??? was he playing??? and is he the current leading 5th CB???

Roundtree is ahead of Lowe right now. Lowe is in serious danger of not making it. I think Roundtree is looking much better than him anyhow.

Originally posted by unclemonty
Roundtree is ahead of Lowe right now. Lowe is in serious danger of not making it. I think Roundtree is looking much better than him anyhow.

I like Roundtree a lot and IMO he has the physical package and demeanor to work his way up to possibly the nickel corner by next season sometime.

Lowe was out there but wasn't noticeable. Maybe he just didn't get any opportunities.

I do like Roundtree though so far.

I am wondering if Fletcher is being tested as trade bait ? He has had a pretty good preseason but with the emergence of A Roundtree along with the resigning of T Buck ,,, now would be the time to see what Fletcher is worth to another team in need of a cb ...

:D

Marino1983

I hope we keep Fletcher

That would give us 2 all pros, a great nickel corner back in Buckley, and someone who can be serviceable in Fletcher. Roundtree is depth, but if he was #4..we'd have to use him in a game situation. Let's be happy we have the 4 we do plus a nice project in Roundtree.

Roundtree has indeed "emerged" however I'm not sure if I'm willing to say he's risen that high on the depth chart where we can get rid of Fletcher. Fletcher is still the man with more experience in this defense. Roundtree is still believe it or not getting use to this defensive system but also this defensive set of rules in the NFL period. He's use to a much different set of rules in the CFL and the reason he's so 'physical' is cuz in the CFL the dude was allowed to bump the WR anywhere on the field be it 5 yards past LOS or 50 yards. Obviously hands to the face aren't much of a problem there either cuz he didn't hesitate to put some hands in the face in the Jags game, a penalty which moved him back into contention with Omare Lowe after he'd already jumped ahead.

I like him, he almost seems too good...there must be a catch, that sort of thing. But right now there's no need to dump Fletcher especially since he would probably not even net us a 4th round pick.

I'm sorry, but just because he has experience doesn't mean we should keep him. What's Fletcher's experience gotten us so far...nothing excect a multitude of passes completed against us. The only reason that he remains on this team is because the coaches believe he still has potential (and possibly that the coaches don't want to look bad for a first round failure and we can't get anything in a trade). Roundtree has looked good against the scrubs and I'm in no way ready to make him the 4th corner but I'd like to see what he can do because I already know what Fletcher can do and that's get BURNT!

Banks is my boy, but it looks like Roundtree has the edge..

Back
Top Bottom