6 months in to Ricky's new career | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

6 months in to Ricky's new career

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ricky has been a Miami Dolphin for a little more than 6 months, and I have to say it is really hard not to love this guy. I just got done reading his latest journal entry on his web site, and I couldn't stop thinking about how lucky Miami fans are for getting him. I mean how many players would take the time to build a website just to interact with their fans? It also doesn't hurt that he has proven to be the first legitimate Dolphin RB since Larry Czonka 30 years ago.

The thing that doesn't add up is how every thing went so sour in New Orleans. I honestly didn't pay much attention to what went down there, but this guy has been a gem. His work ethic rivals anyones on the team. He hasn't whined about not getting the ball enough. He has played injured. He hasn't pointed any fingers when we lost. After seeing him here for 6 months(the same amount of time before NO aleinated him) I would have to think it was the city-organazation, and not the player.

I think it also has lots to do with his handling of his Social Anxiety Disorder. He has that part of his life under control now, and his personality seems to be coming out now. He really feels at ease, and also welcomed in Miami.

I agree that it is truly a treasure to have this guy on our team, and in our community.

It also doesn't hurt that he has been very productive, and the team is 5-2. Now, if he wasn't playing very well, and the team was losing, I gaurantee you that there would be a VERY different attitude to Ricky by the fans.

Just look at how quick so many "so-called Dolfans" turned from feeling that Ray Lucas was just as good, if not better than Jay Fiedler, to wanting to run the guy out of town after his performance against the Bills last week.

Just imagine if we had a stud OL for him to run behind. Could be scary the numbers he would put up then.

Originally posted by scotgif
Just look at how quick so many "so-called Dolfans" turned from feeling that Ray Lucas was just as good, if not better than Jay Fiedler, to wanting to run the guy out of town after his performance against the Bills last week.
no different than fans of every other team in sports...mike schmidt got booed incessantly, kurt warner heard it from the fans earlier this year, even danny golden arm got booed for poor play(which was rare)...nobody's immune. this doesnt make us bad fans, just fans.

Originally posted by scotgif
I think it also has lots to do with his handling of his Social Anxiety Disorder. He has that part of his life under control now, and his personality seems to be coming out now. He really feels at ease, and also welcomed in Miami.

I agree that it is truly a treasure to have this guy on our team, and in our community.

It also doesn't hurt that he has been very productive, and the team is 5-2. Now, if he wasn't playing very well, and the team was losing, I gaurantee you that there would be a VERY different attitude to Ricky by the fans.

Just imagine if we had a stud OL for him to run behind. Could be scary the numbers he would put up then.

Obviously if he played bad it would be a different story, but he didn't play bad in NO. 2 1000 yard seasons in 3 years. his 2nd year he ran for 1000 in 10 games, if he could have stayed healthy he would have been on pace for 1600 yards. That is a MVP type of year. Lat year he had 1800 total yards.

His problem in New Orleans was that he was always late for meetings, if he even showed up. He was the only guy who didn't go to the offseason workouts in 2001. And after the 2000 season he threatened to walk out of football and go play baseball, so the Saints drafted Deuce McAllister 23rd overall in the 2001 draft. But as mentioned, part of it was probably because of his Anxiety Disorder.

Not knowing the N.O. history that well, but from what I gather, it also seems to be a simple maturity issue. Fact is, he was 21 or so when he was drafted. He is now 24. He seems to have his priorities in order, as well.

Back
Top Bottom