60 Mins Interview w/ our good friend Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

60 Mins Interview w/ our good friend Ricky

DolFan31

aka FinSane
Reaction score
I never got to watch the 60 mins piece on Ricky, but I just read the online article. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/12/16/60minutes/main661572.shtml

All I have to say is, Wallace is a jerk.

"Do you like yourself," asks Wallace.

"I love myself. Because I'm all that I have. And if I don't love myself, then no one else will," says Williams. "If I found myself starting to dislike something, I tell myself this is who I am. So what’s the point of disliking it?"

"So you still smoke marijuana. Anything worse than that," asks Wallace.

"Worse? What do you mean by worse," says Williams. "Something I have sweets, sugar. Sometimes I have a glass of wine. But that's about it."
Wallace decided to make him a bet. He'll play football.

"What's the wager," asks Williams.

"You don't care about money," says Wallace, laughing. "I think that you will want to have the freedom that you have now. But you're going to need more money to have the freedom that you now have. … You've said that you might like to play for the Oakland Raiders. And that Raiders fan like weirdos like you."

:shakeno:

DolFan31 said:
I never got to watch the 60 mins piece on Ricky, but I just read the online article. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/12/16/60minutes/main661572.shtml

All I have to say is, Wallace is a jerk.

Why do you think Wallace is a jerk? I think pretty much everything he said was right on the money. Ricky is in financial trouble, he is coming back to play football, and he most definately is a weirdo.

yankeehillbilly said:
Why do you think Wallace is a jerk? I think pretty much everything he said was right on the money. Ricky is in financial trouble, he is coming back to play football, and he most definately is a weirdo.

Show some respect for your guest!

Im pretty sure he was quoting ricky when he said that

Ricky's definitely the weido, not Wallace.

Wallace asked fair questions, it was Ricky who offered nothing but lame excuses.

Ricky has to love himself because that's "who he is"........give me a break!:goof: :shakeno:

Nublar7 said:
I watched the interview. You can find it on the web. Makes you realize just how mentally unstable he really is.

it also makes you laugh uncontrolably:lol:

DolFan31 said:
I never got to watch the 60 mins piece on Ricky, but I just read the online article. All I have to say is, Wallace is a jerk.

I watched the interview and I have to disagree with you. I thought Wallace conducted a good interview, asked appropriate questions and was truely taken back by some of Ricky's answers. I also got a new appreciation for how clueless Ricky was.

You guys are way too biased and are only seeing this from a certain perspective. Try seeing it from Ricky's perspective. I think some of Ricky's answers made sense.

"You're apologizing for letting them down," says Wallace. "The Dolphins thought with you, and mainly with you that they had a chance at the Super Bowl."

"What if I disagree? Do I still have to apologize, that I cost them their season," says Williams. "I played my butt off. I played as hard as I could whenever I put that uniform on. But I’m not doing that anymore, you know? I moved on. So when is it OK for me to stop playing football? When would it have been OK for me to stop playing football? When my knees went out? When my shoulders went out? When I had too many concussions? Like what? When is it OK?"

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: that interview was hilarious! Wallace asked the 1 question and he said he liked sweets. :lol: I could not stop laughing at that point and he isnt a jerk Wallace just asked because a week after his retirement Ricky said he wanted to come back and play for Oakland because the fans would enderstand him more or something I dont know his exact quote but it was something like that.

ricky had no dillusions of a super bowl win under wannycrap. just remember wanny felt we had a chance to compete for a super bowl with mr fiedler. its quite sickening really.

Yes Wallace was in fact quoting Ricky on that statement...anyone remeber what there wager was?

Back
Top Bottom