60 years ago | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

60 years ago

bullseyeguy

Heart of A Champion
Reaction score
We have a 19 page thread talking about such a negative thing in here right now, where is the positive talk? Jackie Robinson did so much for so many, and today is the day that we can celebrate that...

Thanks #42..

1176690715-1.jpg

it was a shame so many games got rained out today. Apparently though, those teams will still hold a Jackie Robinson day to make up for it.

And you're right bulls, good thread and such a great thing to discuss.

thanks JR!

In my opinion, this is what is wrong with the race issues in this country...People are so quick to talk about all of the negative things that happen in society, but when there is something positive to discuss, no one has an opinion...

First of all bullseyeguy you need to stop watching that mma crap and come over to boxing.Thats your first problem haha. But seriously yea man your right Jason taylor touched on this recently saying Obama is a serious contender for pres and we can focus on is Imus and other stupid crap. An interesting tidbit most people don't know about Jackie Robinson.I know for most of his life he was a republican.

No doubt...totally agreed.If it isnt Anna Nicole,its Imus.Lets talk about some of the more important issues in the world.

Great thread BTW Bulls.

Thanks for starting this thread BEG

JR is and always has been a complete class act. It should be more than just a day in recognition. Jackie Robinson did SOOOO much to make Baseball what it is today, and he paid a very heavy price doing so. Always soo modest, but you knew somehow he would let his play on the field do his talking for him...

Great thread! i got so pissed yesterday at my brother...he is so ignorant...i was watch the ceremony and he had to never to say i dont see why they do this...whats the big deal...if he (Jackie Robinson) never did (break the color barrier) someone would of. The sad part is hes the same age as me and does not realize what Jackie did was a HUGE deal.

Great thread! i got so pissed yesterday at my brother...he is so ignorant...i was watch the ceremony and he had to never to say i dont see why they do this...whats the big deal...if he (Jackie Robinson) never did (break the color barrier) someone would of. The sad part is hes the same age as me and does not realize what Jackie did was a HUGE deal.

Yeah, but the flipside jt is that at 17 you were obviously too young to experience first hand (Hell I am pretty much to young to really understand) but you do "Get It".
Jackie Robinson was an outstanding baseball player, and he is an even better human being. He put up with more than any human being ever should have, and did nothing but smile and play ball in return...

Back
Top Bottom