7-11 / Carroo | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-11 / Carroo

The presumed failure of Carroo is premature. Let's see what we have in Training Camp. Some players struggle as rookies, but he will have no excuses as he enters his second season. It is clear that someone very senior within the Dolphin organization really, really liked Carroo to give up so much for him. Does anyone know who was so desperate to get him? Grier? Gase? Tannenbaum?

Carroo is a bust and worse isnt needed even if he was decent. But hogan? Whonleft whar 5 years ago? Odd thread

You definitely can't call a guy a bust after a rookie season. He barely saw the field because of a deep group. But you are right about the fact that he wasn't needed..

You definitely can't call a guy a bust after a rookie season. He barely saw the field because of a deep group. But you are right about the fact that he wasn't needed..
Wait we must, my anxious padawon's, down the road further yes? Before judging value in draft. The force maybe yet strong in this one. Do not let your anger sway you to the dark fudge my young packers!

This board and throwing the word bust around makes me laugh

Just because you don't play in your rookie year doesn't make you a bust. He was a luxury pick that could've gone to defense.

People you cannot compare offensive players performance on the pats. They are playing with TGOAT, and best offensive system in the league. If hogan was on Miami he would be non existent. I could play with Brady and be relevant.

Ding, ding, ding!!!
dtjjp17 hit the nail on the head....Brady makes everyone better. If the Patriots had our receivers, Brady would throw for 50 td's every year. If the Patriots had our QB, the Dolphins would then have a legitimate chance to win the AFC East.

I still don't see what Welker did in his time in Miami that Davone Bess didn't do. Bess was a more productive receiver, equally productive punt returner and slightly less oof a kick of returner than Welker was. I don't think Welker ever showed signs of being the player he was in New England during his time in Miami or San Diego. Welker wasn't a bad player, but he had much more value in the Patriots system then he would have had in Miami. Based on the qb changes, poor offenses and coaching staffs I wouldn't have been suprised if Welker would a been a footnote in history if he played most of his career in Miami.

Welker was tough as hell brought a lot of spark and was a great slot receiver Saban saw that on his way out of town told his buddy Bill Billicheat and there went Welker

The presumed failure of Carroo is premature. Let's see what we have in Training Camp. Some players struggle as rookies, but he will have no excuses as he enters his second season. It is clear that someone very senior within the Dolphin organization really, really liked Carroo to give up so much for him. Does anyone know who was so desperate to get him? Grier? Gase? Tannenbaum?

Agreed plus he was rated highly in some publications going into the draft so I don't think he was a reach where he was picked just what we gave up in the draft to pick him. Hind sight is 20/20 but we probably stayed where we were in the draft gotten Howard in the 2nd with our 42nd pick kept our 4th pick, gotten Caroo with our 3rd and the Alabama rb with the 4th. But because we let Miller, Mathews and Grimes walk in free agency we drafted in panic mode to fill the holes in the team that we created in free agency.

Hogan is not good. Brady and NE has a great system that will make most players look decent. Even Welker was pretty much trash when he was in miami. I do think trading a 3 &4 for carroo was a bad idea though.

Welker was not trash in Miami. There's a reason NE gave us a second and a seventh for him. Don't make **** up just to try to bolster a point.

Welker was not trash in Miami. There's a reason NE gave us a second and a seventh for him. Don't make **** up just to try to bolster a point.

Not making up 1 td. In fact, I just looked up the stats and I would argue that your boy Ginn had a better dolphin career. Look it up yourself if you like.

So, you think letting Hogan walk, a mistake IMHO, was the right thing to do? Perhaps you think the price we paid for Carroo was justified? Maybe just wanted to humble me... Or did I read that wrong?

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Welker was never trash when he was here. Management decided he was too expensive.

He wasn't trash but he definitely wasn't a playmaker or wasn't expendable. Big deal, he kicked a FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone not think Hogan would eventually end up catching passes from Brady? It was inevitable, and doesn't mean he would have done the same thing anywhere else.

Hes also dropped some passes this year too.

As far as Carroo, to judge him now would be exactly the same as letting Hogan move on 3 years ago. So you can't have it both ways....we need to give our talent a chance to develop before dismissing them as garbage.

Back
Top Bottom